main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW Season 1: Best Villain

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Apr 29, 2009.

?

TCW Season 1: Best Villain

Poll closed Apr 29, 2009.
  1. Count Dooku (several episodes)

5.7%
  2. General Grievous (several episodes)

9.0%
  3. Asajj Ventress (several episodes)

13.9%
  4. Cad Bane (Hostage Crisis)

36.9%
  5. Dr. Nuvo Vindi (Blue Shadow Virus)

4.9%
  6. Commando Droids (Rookies)

3.3%
  7. Lok "Sulu" Durd (Defenders of Peace)

4.9%
  8. Captain Hondo Ohnaka (Dooku Captured)

2.5%
  9. Slick (The Hidden Enemy)

1.6%
  10. Captain Mar Tuuk (Storm Over Ryloth)

17.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Gunray

Emperor_Gunray Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2005
    I would have voted for Nute, but since he's not up there, I went for Mar Tuuk - who came across as a vastly more competent commander than Grievous. I hope we see him again!

2. Sloppy

Sloppy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2009
    it's a shame that "general grievous" doesn't act like a general.
    if he only was like in the novel labyrinth of evil or general grievous comics (he really shines in those)

3. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    I also love Nute, he was great in the CWS!!! I concur with this post!=D= Grievous has not impressed me much.:(

4. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    I voted for Grievous. I've got a soft spot for him. I don't know why. Ventress is a close second only for her, uh...dialogue with Obi-Wan. ;) Cad Bane isn't really that cool of a villain to me. He seems really typical so far. Maybe season two will change my mind.

5. Sloppy

Sloppy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2009
    Cad bane is a villain fore hire, or the best baby sitter ever, close after hk 47

6. Empire-Maker

Empire-Maker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2003
    I'm going with Grievous if only because I enjoyed the Malevolence episodes so much.

Plus I'm not a big fan of Indiana Eastwood.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Bah. No Nute Gunray. [face_not_talking]

I'll go with Mar then. There was something clever about that fellow. A bit like Thrawn with a twist. Bane's cool, but he's been crammed down our throats so long it's starting to annoy me.

And "Indiana Eastwood" - [face_laugh]

8. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm actually not as high on Bane as a lot of other people are. Still, it was a tough choice, before I eventually went with Ventress, who I think does a great job in this series so far. Grievous is also up there, though the Count was at least a good step below his movie roles. Still good, just not as good.

9. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Count Dooku, but I decided than pretty much with the throw of a coin, as Asajj Ventress has been good too.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Seriously, Cad Bane is winning this by a landslide right now? I don't get that at all. Anyway, I personally feel that it doesn't really bode well for this show fitting in with the movies if the writing here so far has not convinced more people that General Grievous and Count Dooku should be leading this pack of nominees.

11. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Well, hopefully Grievous will win more victories and return to his bada$$ self in season 2 and not seeing much of Dooku this season(except for the two episodes he was in after getting captured by Weequay pirates) I can kind of see why people voted this way(myself included[face_whistling] )

12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'm not surprised. LFL marketed the heck out of him and he's a fairly exciting character.

In some ways, we've been Dooku'd, Grievous'd, and to a lesser extent, Ventress'd to death since AOTC came out and the Clone Wars campaign began in earnest.

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Peppi Bow anyone?[face_skull]

14. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    The polls on this site suck harder than a mynock! No offense.

Let me see if I've gotten this right. The name of the option is located beneath the bar that indicates how many votes the option has and you select it to the felt of the bar?

In any case I'm undecided. I'm tempted to vote Cad Bane, but I need to see more of him. I kind of liked Grievous' Saturday morning cartoon style in the beginning of the series, but I was also kind of compelled by Hondo and his pirates ^^

15. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    Cad Bane. Even though I need to see more of him to judge, that was a pretty neat intro. Plus...his hat is made of awesome.

Thing is, though, there are so many villains running around now that there's kind of an uneven balance. They're all pretty cool in their own right, but there needs to be more focus on one particular arc rather than sporadic appearances. Maybe it'll even out more in the future...

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Indeed. Peppi Bow is pure evil.

17. karabbackilla

karabbackilla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2006
    I'm a stand by your man kinda girl, so I voted for Grievous. Not the most badass villian in the series, but he's got that evil charm I like. :D

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    True, but my point is really just looking at it from a movie continuity perspective; when we come into ROTS, Dooku and Grievous are the bad guys (with Sidious still behind the scenes, of course).

19. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    General Grievous hands down is the most toughest and scary villian in TCW.

20. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    I can't decide. It always depends what mood I'm in. Right now, Grievous. [face_mischief]

21. Moisdne

Moisdne Jedi Knight

May 16, 2009
    Commando Droids FTW! :cool:

22. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Nute should be on the list. Otherwise Cad Bane is cool.

23. Xoxaan11594

Xoxaan11594 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2009
    Mar Tuuk, hands down. First Star Wars novel I ever read was The Last Command and Thrawn made such a big impression, I guess...plus, Neimoidians are great![face_flag]

24. Timewatch

Timewatch Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2008
    Grievous was more of a laugh than anything this season... I really hope it's because it's the first season, begining of the war, and he'll be better as he battles more... I hate how they've watered him down. Lucas said he wanted a cunning villian in the Ep. III commentary, and all I see here is a bumbling fool.

So Mar Tuuk it is, only kind of competent Separatist we've seen other than the tactical droids.

25. DeadOrAlive

DeadOrAlive Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2009
    I stopped watching after the episode with Dr. Nuvo Vindi. Horrible writing, horrible character, horrible voice acting.
    He doesn't belong in SW, more like The Incredibles.
    He was so gd annoying, he made Jar Jar look good.
    Maybe I'll give the series another chance when Season 1 comes out on DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.