main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Season 2 Retrospective Thread (np: S02E20-22 The Boba Fett Trilogy)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Definitely, Gry. :)
    Even though it was a season one produced episode, its insertion in season two was a good move. It was actually the best second episode of a three episode story arc in the series so far.

2. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Cargo of Doom is definitely a great episode, and top of my list for 'episodes used to introduce people to the show'. I loved the action, direction and urgency in it.

Though for personal preferences, Innocents of Ryloth is my favourite second-episode-in-a-three-parter, but that's not the topic. :p

The Zero-gravity fight will always remain one of the most inventive and eye-pleasing action sequences to me. :D

3. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    A problem with the zero-gravity fight in space was everyone was stuck on the frigate's hull. They stood as if gravity was forcing them to. In the zero-g fight in the frigate, after Bane turned off the gravity, magically the Jedi and clones lifted off the ground. So Anakin and Ahsoka certainly did not have specialized magnetic boots like the clones did. Pretty much that was a technical error.

4. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Not really. If you consider that ships have artificial gravity generators, you have to wonder: where does the influence of that gravity stops? It seems logical to me that it would "bleed" a little bit to the immediate outside of the hull. It actually makes sense with the Grievous Intrigue episode, where Anakin parks his shuttle upside down in the underside of the frigate and Adi Gallia's tendrils hang upside down as well, which could only be caused by the internal gravity of the frigate.

5. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I see your point, but the artificial gravity itself should be within the ship, though. I don't think it should "bleed" out of the ship. One of the things, though, after the AT-TEs leave the Star Destroyer, they just fall. You see that nothing hits it or forces them to go down toward the frigate.

I guess it goes back to the inconsistency with Star Wars physics vs real life. :p Or otherwise I would call it a technical error.

6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    But GG, remember back on the old Genndy series. During the space battle in the last couple episodes, master Tinn lead the massive boarding party from the dying Venator, and when the Clone Marines hit the Providence, they stood up normally like they were in a gravity well.

7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    If I recall, the clones had jetpacks. I don't know if that played a part of it.

8. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    The jetpacks were just there to get the clones onto the ship. Once they hit the ship, they were walking normally.

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    They used the jetpacks to fly through space as well. But really, if you take a look between that and this in TCW, mainly they're cartoons and there could be limitations. That, or it's a technical error.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Great episode.

Still don't really get why Bane has to have a Jedi open the Holocron, when Dooku or Sidious should be able to. And why is Gunray involved when Sidious made the initial contact?

But intense action, obviously some of the best action we've ever seen in SW (zero-G) and some badassery by Bane.

Boarding with the walkers was also awesome.

This was an audacious episode and other than some of the Geonosis arc (Point Rain), nothing else this season ever approached either the scale or the complexity of the action.

EDIT: Guys, my brother is getting married on Friday, so I'll be pretty busy the next few days. Go ahead and discuss the other episodes, I'll chip in when I can. G_M.

11. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Definately one of my favorite episodes. I still can't believe it was originally supposed to be part of Season 1. It looks like one of the better episodes of Season 2 in terms of animation, although I did notice some odd glitches with the animation on people's faces in some shots.

The zero-gravity fight was awsome, definately one of the best moments of the entire series. And Nute Gunray was in it. Automatic pure awsomeness right there. :p
    I give it a 10/10!

12. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Cargo of Doom was my second favourite I would say. The upside down clone trooper blasting away was pretty cool looking. The fight sequences were fairly decent as well.

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Gravity is not something that works towards only one side. Try to see it as an invisible sphere. The surrounding space near the ship would be affected by the generator's gravity. And that would explain the AT-TE, once released, falling right into the ship.

Re: Holocron Heist - It has one of my favourite intro sequences, and I really liked how they explored the Jedi Temple. Also, the scene with Cad Bane near the indow with the woodstick is great. Loved the environment that scene has created.

Re: Cargo of Doom - Didn't like it, and never understood why it is a fan favourite around here... (the same for Brain Invaders)
    However, it has one of my favourite comic scenes of the series with Yularen arguing with Skywalker, and looking his face reactions when Rex and Ahsoka tend to agree with Anakin.

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    To be honest, I didn't like Cargo of Doom that much when it aroed, but after watching it a few times it became one of my favorites. Only Children of the Force beats it. :cool:

On the subject of the AT-TEs falling out of the cruiser, didn't Rex say they were "equipped with magnetic feet"? Depending on how strong the force of the magnets were, that could have contributed to it.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Indeed, you're right. Forgot that little detail.

16. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No, that cannot be it for many different reasons. One is that the frigate was too far away. That whole "magnetic feet" for AT-TEs is new and never has been mentioned before. To me, they simply added that to lessen the confusion with gravity.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    As fistofan1 said, we don't know how strong the magnets were or were set to be. And just because it was never mention before, doesn't mean it can't exist. It's a simple and believable explanation, and doesn't raise any continuity issue.

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    o_O

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What's wrong? Electromagnetic fields can be set stronger or weaker.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    We don't know that, however. And for the size of the AT-TE, that's a huge stretch. Mainly that whole sequence had technical errors.

21. FlameSquad

FlameSquad Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2010
    I think Cargo of Doom was a good episode. There was the chase sequence, AT-TEs prowling on the Separatist frigate, and Bolla Ropal dying. I agree the force-field was too much, it resembles from Revenge of the Sith in Grievous's ship. It was shocking at the end to learn Bane was shot, but you knew he would live, like we knew Anakin would grab Ahsoka and Bane would escape.

22. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Besides all the great action in this episode, I really liked the whole thing with Ahsoka and the airlock. It caught be by surprise, because when Bane took Ahsoka out I was sure he was just going to "persuade" her to open the holocron for him. Apparently Ahsoka wasn't good enough for that (for once!) and Bane forced Anakin to do it. It was a great scene with a very tense vibe, even though we all knew nobody would die there.

23. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    If the gravity bled through the ship's hull, wouldn't that cause the AT-TE to resist landing on the ship's hull presuming they have the different polarity? And it wouldn't be strong enough to hold it on it would seem. If it has the same polarity then wouldn't that cause the ship's hull itself to crush, or at least the AT-TE? It does seem to be a little bit of a technical issue if you sit and think about it.

24. FlameSquad

FlameSquad Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2010
    The AT-TE sequence wasn't as good as I expected. I thought some AT-TEs were going to blow up and Anakin and Ahsoka would fight more droids. Basically, we saw the whole thing in Downfall of a Droid. The AT-TEs barely did anything, and I'm kind of disapointed.

25. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    There were parts of that episode that could have been done better. That being said the overall story was pretty good, and seeing the clone trooper upside down in the ship blasting away at droids was pretty cool. I have to say it is probably my second favourite.Probably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.