main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Tell us about yourself, Episode II

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_have_zam_cards

I_have_zam_cards Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    im a lozer and proud of it ya know

2. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    lol i work at taco bell (oh yay) hey Chris-Stacina works at Pizza Outlet lol

3. Hromiko

Hromiko Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    Hello,

My name is Becky, I just joined this Jedi Council board, and I'm in semi-denial about my Star Wars obsession. ;) I'm 23, graduated from CCAC in May, and I'm about to continue my education at Slippery Rock University studying environmental science.

It's really cool there are lots of other Star Wars fans here in Pittsburgh, most things I get hooked on I can't find any real people to talk to about. :)

4. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    I guess I should have done this a while ago

My name is Carrie, and I am 24 yrs old. I am madly in love with (as well as married to) Jedi_1966. I have recently become mommy to a beautiful baby angel, who I know I am already spoiling waaaaaaaaaayyyy tooooooo much, and a step-daughter, who is way too smart for my own good! I work full time as a puchasing agent to help support my hubby's obsession (can anyone guess what that might be???) I also attend Carlow College ~ I am afraid I might be turning into a carreer student = which I believe to be a fate worse than death! My hubby was able to use his jedi powers to change my mind about SW ~ oh no, that would mean I am weak minded!! No way ~ I shall become a poyderian (sp?) and jedi mind tricks will not work on me!

5. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Carrie, it's a TOYdarian (close enough ;)), and that would mean you'd also have to turn blatantly Italian and end every sentence with "eh?"

I know I posted on this thread a LOOOONG time ago, but for the newer people, here we go:

I'm Dan, I live in McKeesport, I'm 28I currently work for Chili's, I've been completely obsessed with SW since ANH first came out, and I play both the TCG and the RPG.

Also, I love metal (Iron Maiden RULES!), anime (Evangelion is awesome), pro wrestling, BtVS, and comedy.

Aside from being City Rep, I'm also a founding member of the SCJK Jedi Council, with GC, Rox, Sal, & Jedi66. We TOTALLY rule.

6. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    Welcome Becky! :)

7. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Welcome Hromiko.
    I'm sure you will be a pleasant addition to our group.

I happily extend the invitation to our next meeting. It is set for August 25th. Place still to be determined.

Watch the sticky on the boards regarding this.

8. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Hello Hromiko, where might you be located?I'm all the way up in Kittanning...er...I should say we.This would be the place to be,I'm one of a few (or more) that knows what it is to be shunned coz you're into Star Wars.So come on in,talk a spell...in here we're all family...

9. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Welcome Becky! I just graduated from Grove City College, so I am quite familiar with the Rock =)

10. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Sorry Dan, not good at typing when I'm suppose to be working ~

and for the record I am very much Italian ~ & extremely proud of that!! Aren't U Italian too, eh?

11. Hromiko

Hromiko Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    You guys sure are welcoming. :) I'm glad I found my way back here. There's just soooooo much on all these boards, I'll never catch up on things!

I live in the city (Carrick to be exact). I wish I could go to one of your meetings, but Sundays generally aren't good for me, plus I'll be moving to SRU and have no car! PAT has been my transportation for too long.

Wow! It's so weird to be able to say things about the area and not have to generalize to avoid confusion or explain exactly what I mean. I wish I could find groups like this for fandoms I've become obsessed with in the past!

12. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Glad you found us, Hromiko!

Another chic!!! The male-female ratio of this group is getting much more balanced.

13. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Perhaps Becky will bring balance to the force. ~_^
    Anyways, welcome! It is indeed great to have another female SW loving fan in Pittsburgh. I'll be attending CCAC next summer before I take the big plunge into a full-time college. ^_^

14. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Hello everyone.

I just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tom Kring. I am 27 and from around Johnstown, PA area.
    I have been a huge Star Wars fan ever since my parnets took me to see ANH when I was 3. I am into Star Wars collecting, Star Wars and Renaissance Faire / Medieval Festival costuming; History, Movies, Hockey and Music. I am also a member of the 501st Stormtrooper Legion, an Imperial Star Wars costuming group, as a Royal Guard. I'm also currently working on putting together a AT-AT pilot costume.

I look forward to meeting all of you, and going to some of the activities in the near future.

Have a good one.

15. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Welcome, we have another member of the 501st who posts sometimes.

16. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Yes,welcome.Come join us often.

17. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Welcome Noble_Kale. You'll have to get with Crimson Knight. He's the guy Shewski mentioned. He's a member here as well as a member or the 501st, plus I think he lives close to you. He's a royal guard to (guess you could tell by his screen name.)

Will you be coming to our next club meeting?

Check the August meeting thread for more info on that. Hope to see you there.

You missed last month's meeting.....MANY of us were in costume including your brother in arms. It was great to see that many JEDI and boy did CK stand out! He looked very cool in the red digs.

So again, a very heartfelt welcome, always glad to have another member of the 501st with us.

18. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, I know Crimson Knight. He is a tool and a half! 8-} Just kidding CK. Him and I are real good friends. He is the one who got me to sign-up here.

19. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    Oh, great!! Who let him in here??? Where is the security around here?? Oh, wait, nevermind....thats me. Anyway, yeah Noble Kale and I go way back, about 18 years to be more precise, though sometimes neither one of us will admit it!! :D If any of you have seen my pictures from C2 and last years comicon, he's the other Royal Guard in the pics with me. Good to see you over here finally Kringer!

20. Crimson_Knight1175

Jun 20, 2002
    Hey, he stole my icon!! :mad: lol

21. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
  22. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    HI,
    I'm a new member on the boards I plan on being very involved so get used to me. I am a punk from Penn hills I love star wars I watched it when I was a couple of months old my mom says I am a child at heart I buy star wars figures and play out the movies with them and sometimes improvise and I am going for an interview at true value hardware store today so wish me luck! oh and my real name is chad. I have heard there is some controversy on how my name is pronunced its not Darth Duck Its Darth DUH AcK

23. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Again, welcome to the board! Dude, I don't think most people ould have pronounced it Duck, lol. But then again...

24. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    Yea but then again there is you stina and I think you said greencat

25. Reighofhate

Reighofhate Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2002
    My name is Rainie. I am 15 years old. I am not that big of a Star wars fan yet I stll have much to learn. My boyfriend on the other hand is a huge starwars fan, hes great. He has tons of action figures he quizzes me on their names somtimes, im getting better now. Im pretty new at this so if anyone wants to give me any facts feel free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.