main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

text in lightwave

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Fall-in-Jedi, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fall-in-Jedi

Fall-in-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    Ok I have figured out all the basics on how to do a opening crwl in lightwave 7.0 but i need text in modeler i found out how to make it and all but HOW DO YOU DO DOWN A LINE!?!?! I cant figure it you HELP SOS AHH

TY

Fallen Jedi

2. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "do down a line". Do you mean like when you press Enter and it starts a new line, like in a word processing program? If that's what you're referring to, you can't do it. LW only supports single lines. If you're that dead-set on doing it in LW (which I don't recommend, AE is much faster and easier), you'll need to create each line individually.

3. Fall-in-Jedi

Fall-in-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    I did it once in AE but the quailty wasnt that great. maybe i just need to do it again but what should i do text in photoshop or illistrater?

ty

Fallen Jedi

4. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    In AE the quality should be great. Did you have the layer turned to High Quality, it defaults at Low Quality.

*hint: it is that little forward/backslash on the timeline that controls the High/LowQuality.

5. kvaalen

kvaalen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2002
    I usually do my opening crawls in After Effects but if you have to do it in lightwave, I would recommend using texture maps on a flat plank with transparancy.

6. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    heh ur idea of doing text in lightwave is all wrong :p

if i were you and u didnt need 3d text.. ie starwars crawl.. i'd do the following.. make 1 square polygon rectangular in shape.. like a piece of paper.. then in photoshop type out whatever it was u wanted in white.. on a black background.. next go into layout and put the picture of the words onto the clipmap (under item properties for the object) of the plane.. color the plane the appropriate color of yellow and poof :p u have a text that u can make crawl by the camera in lightwave..

just to point out that this takes all of 5 minutes to render out at whatever resolution plus the alpha.. and u can just get a still for some stars in the background.. and drop the words over the stars in a compositing program such as permiere or whatever else.. i also find this method works really well if u want to merge right into a 3d scene from the text .. especially if u dont have AE :p *grin*

altho AE may be simpler.. but its fun to do it in lightwave :p just for kicks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.