main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TF.N Celebration Identity Idea

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Katy_Christensen, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katy_Christensen

Katy_Christensen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2002
    A group of us on a different message board for a band back in the day were regulars on a message board and decided to make personal passes of identification so we could meet up or at least knew each other from the board. They were just designed by a board member and we all printed and laminated them and wore them to the concerts so we knew who everyone was and that they were board members. It worked pretty well. All they had were our real names and our forum names on pictures of the band members. I just thought It'd be a good idea for the celebration. Let me know what you guys think and we can think up a design for the passes. Thanks!

2. Katy_Christensen

Feb 28, 2002
    I just spent a few minutes putting this together to give everyone an idea of what it might look like. Like I said this is a REALLY rough draft. So what do you guys think? Sounds like a cute idea for us TF.Net members.I'm sure everyone would like to hear more ideas and suggestions. Here's the link: http://www.faceparty.com/member_zoom.asp?uid=113545&img=576422&member=megaspice

This one's rather crappy, but once again, IT'S JUST TO GIVE U AN IDEA!

3. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    how about we all just wear the same colored shirt or something. like a bright orange shirt with jeans, i dunno. that seems easier. and if you happen to see someone with bright a bright orange shirt and jeans, we will have a prearanged confirmation chat planned with correct responses and inquiries, just to make sure we have the right person. example:
    me: top of the morning to you sir, and could you tell me where the death star exhibit is?
    orange shirt guy: and the rest of the day to yourself sir; i do not know where the death star exhibit is, somebody told me it was near the to scale millenium falcon model.
    me: millenium falcon model? i know where that one is, it is around tractor beam range from the back exit
    orange shirt guy: (stopping the act) so your from TF.N too huh? pleased to meet you.

alright so that was more fun to write than it was to make sense. but you get the idea.

4. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    actually, I was thinking about that too... but I'm sorry I don't want to dress like the rest of you!

but name tags or something to that screams "JC!" would be fun!

5. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I like the idea. If we get a general Fanforce or JC table maybe this is something we could pass out to people when they stop by. I would Pm some FF admins about your Idea. They would have a better Idea about what is going on with a table.

The only problems I can see is with people in costumes or people who are active at more than one message board. For example, Many JC members are also 501st members and Rebel legion members. Of course many try and use the same or similar screen names so it really may not be a problem.

6. Katy_Christensen

Feb 28, 2002
    Well, what they do is you give them a link and they go to it and print it out and either wear it around their neck, arm, leg whatever....

7. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    I agree. This is an excellent idea! Definitely PM some of the FanForce managers/admins with this. Or TF.N themselves.

We'll all be wearing passes around our necks the whole weekend, but it would be nice if everybody had some kind of tag/badge that had their TF.N/FanForce usernames on it. Just think of all the people you could walk right past - and even talk to - without realizing who they are here on TF.N? That would kinda stink.

I'd really like a way to be able to identify TF.N people. However, it might be difficult/expensive to produce the quantity necessary. Still... see if you can talk with some of the top FanForce and/or TF.N people about this. It would be a good thing!

8. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Actually, I was just gonna duct tape my JC name to the back of my shirt already, but if you've all got a better idea, then I'm up for it! :)

9. Princess_Robin

Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    I'm with Tabee, no wanna dress like everyone else. Scare the crap out of me. :)

But name tags do sound like a great idea. :)

10. Katy_Christensen

Feb 28, 2002
    Hey everyone, glad you liked the idea. Could someone else PM the managers or TF.Net for me? I don't know how to go about that. But ne way, once again, we post the link of the tags and everyone just prints them from their computer. Easy inexpensive thing for all of us...someone still needs to take the responsibility of designing them. Thanks!

11. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    We who are attending from Nashville will be wearing our black Nashville After Darth Fan Force T-shirts the first day of CB2, so people will be able to distinguish our group. They also say NASHVILLEFORCE.COM on the sleeves and have our fanforce names on the back. :) That was our solution, but I agree with Doright about having tags at the TFN table. TFN would need to have a list of who is attending and also the members need to know about this so they head to the TFN table early. Both Hama(global admin) and Elan-rai(NSA admin) are high up on the list of VIPs and have the inside track to TFN. I'll mention it to them at our Nashville Fan Force meeting tonight ;) GREAT IDEAS EVERYONE Mucho Kudos!!!

EDIT:
    Another idea just hit my brain OUCH!!! :p Some chapters here, like Nashville, Chicago, and Fort worth have their own unique icons. If the name tags had those icons and each person's Fan Force name, that would make it even easier to distinguish people. Each Fan Force chapter, that hasn't already made an icon could come up with some simple little unique design and e-mail it to someone in charge of this at TFN. What do you all think about that?

12. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    ok now i'm just bitter, my FF is so freaking small!!!

well, three of us are going, I'm sure we can come upw ith something... wait... I htink four of us are going...

13. Katy_Christensen

Feb 28, 2002
    Well, I only think 6 people are coming from SouthEastern Ohio lol...

14. QuiGonTim

QuiGonTim Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Dressing alike is out cuz alot mof my friends go in costume and not everyone is a stormtrooper or jedi
    I suggest since we already have to wear tags on lanyards why not put a little sticker on the corner of your tag that says
    TFN ( your screan name )

15. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    I liked the duct tape idea. :D I think I might do that - seriously, I mean it, I will - if no consensus is reached otherwise. Even if I'm the only one. I won't be embarassed.

16. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    Steph! No! don't do it!

... ok you can if you can make it look really neat! ;)

17. MynDonos

Jan 30, 2002
    duct tape adhesive glue will be VERY hard to get off of our clothing. especially being out of town and pretty far away from a washing machine and dryer. so come on, realistically, how are we going to identify ourselves and each other?

18. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Whew, I don't know about all orange. If you do that you might just get really hugged by a big guy from East Tennessee. Be fore warned.

19. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Good note about the sticky stuff from the duct tape. Hmmmm.... I wonder about the reflective tapes they sell, like for joggers etc. to put on their clothing for visibility? It might have a less obnoxious adhesive.

Another thought is putting the duct (or other) tape on the back side of a ball cap, then it would only have to be removed from ONE piece of clothing.

20. MynDonos

Jan 30, 2002
    about the orange shirt, that was a completely random color, just to mention it.

how about we just walk up to random people and say are you from T-F-N, saying each letter sepperately, so only a few select people will understand?

21. Katy_Christensen

Feb 28, 2002
    Or, on a simpler note, why don't we just attach piece of paper about index card sized w/whatever color u like onto your passes w/your JC name on it??? hmmm?

22. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    w00t! My tape idea catches on! :p

Anyhoo- "hard to get off clothing"? Um, it's tape, it goes on, off, on, off very easily.

BTW, I was going to sort of cut the letters of "Sithman" out of the duct tap instead of just putting a slab of tape on there and using a Sharpie to write my name. It'd look cooler.

OoooooooOOOOOOOooooo, maybe I could even do the tilde! (like this...)

~Sithman~

23. Jedi_elyk

Jedi_elyk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    Sithman that does sounds like a cool idea...i'm fairly new to these boards, not theForce.net..but the boards so i doubt if anyone would reconize me anyways.

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, Jan 02 is pretty new, but I know a whole truckload of people, and am meeting a bunch of them, so it'll be good for them to recognize me. :)

25. MynDonos

Jan 30, 2002
    sithman have you ever duct taped something and then a day later peeled off that tape? isnt there a very thick residue of glue on the surface of the object you just removed the tape from? think about it. thats how it will be taking the tape off your shirt. sure, the tape might go on off on off on off on off but will the glue go the same pattern...or just on...on....on....still on.
    i say we all go to the party across the street.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.