main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Plot Predictions

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sterling3763, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Early

Darth Early Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2015
    1. Luke Skywalker doesn't have children.
    Being the only remaining Jedi in the universe Luke had to strictly follow the Jedi codes in order to reestablish the Jedi order, which means no attachments and no family.

2. Kylo Ren is Leia's son.
    His obsession with Darth Vader and his legacy strongly indicates that he is related to him. As Luke didn't have children, Kylo must be the son of Leia and Han Solo.

3. Kylo was thought by Luke before being turned to the Dark Side.
    There must be a good reason why Luke has chosen a life in exile. The trigger for Kylo going dark could have been the mistrust between him and Luke about the story of his grandfather. Luke and Leia probably chose to hide the truth from him, which he found out during his contact with Snoke. Kylo is a truth seeking, explosive, vengeful, fanatic character.

4. Snoke manipulates Kylo into destroying the new Jedi Temple
    Kylo decides to end the new Jedi order by destroying the new Jedi Temple during Luke's absence. Some of the pupils join Kylo and turn dark others end up killed, thus the Knights of Ren get formed and Kylo changes his name so he can hide his past from himself.

5. Rey is Kylo's younger sister.
    After learning about the existence of Snoke and Kylo being swayed into the dark side, Leia chooses to hide Kylo's younger sister Rey. She gives her daughter to a friend on planet Jakku and abandons her. It might be possible that Han Solo doesn't know about this and thinks that his daughter is lost or dead.

6. Remains of the empire get stronger and the First Order is formed.

7. Luke goes into exile in order to get stronger and form a counter plan, feeling that it is too dangerous to confront Kylo. He knows that if he kills the boy he may also go dark and the new Jedi order will then be impossible to make. He will try to make peace with what has happened.

2. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Not sure when this was last discussed, but I predict the opening scene will NOT be a lightsaber falling through space. Abrams said some rumors were true and others weren't, and seeing so many come true some must not, so, knowing how he likes his film openings I'm thinking we'll see something a little more exciting.

3. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    I hope i am not the only one that is hoping that everyone in the movie is not related to everyone else. I just dont see how it could be probable that this entire Galaxy can only be saved by this one small family. Seems everyone thinks that if they are a main character....it means they have to be related to a Solo or Skywalker....and if they arent...they are too weak to affect any kind of meaningful change...I dunno...maybe just my impression.

4. Darth Early

Darth Early Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2015
    It's not like the universe is centered around them, it's just the story. If you put things in a larger perspective you could say that Palpatine and Yoda/Obi Wan were the chess players and Luke/Vader/Leia were the figures on the chess board. And you can't neglect the fact that neither Luke nor Anakin chose to be heroes, destiny and circumstances put pressure on them and they delivered.

Maybe the main reason why Rey was abandoned was so she doesn't have the same faith and she can live a "normal" life, but the Force pulls her into the game. Destiny is unavoidable....

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  5. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015
    1.)Ahsoka Tano is Snoke
    2.)Blaster-Lightsabers are standard issue for all Resistance and First Order troops
    3.)Chewbacca is a fully fledged Jedi
    4.)Rey is Lando's daughter
    5.)Kylo is a clone of Darth Vader
    6.)Midichlorian injections are made mandatory galaxy wide, so now everyone has force powers

okay, okay I've had my fun. But if I'm getting serious:
    1.)Finn is Force Sensitive
    2.)Rey is Kira Skywalker
    3.)Kylo is Han and Leia's Son
    4.)Snoke is not Plagueis
    5.)Boba Fett didn't survive :(

Dak Oolron likes this.
  6. Lakeguy556

Lakeguy556 Jedi Padawan

Oct 15, 2015
    Rey Random- Force sensitive. Becomes Lukes student. Essentially is a "skywalker" now

Finn Random- not Force sensitive(Just wields Saber because he gets his hands on it and has some combat training with like weapons, then it gets turned over to Rey),. Becomes the new Han Solo, takes over the Falcon and teams up with Chewy

Kylo Random- Just some F'ed up dude with a Vader fetish

Poe- Basically takes Leias spot over, becomes head of Resistance at some point

Snoke=Plagueis

Hux=Tarkin. Dies episode VII

Phasma is Boba Fett (figuretivly speaking). Survives until EP VIII

Darth Sater likes this.
  7. SoWizard

SoWizard Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2012
    This first word spoken will be "This".

8. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    Cool idea!

1. Kylo Ren is the son of Han and Leia
    2. Han and Leia are not 'estranged' as some have suggested, just pulled in different directions by duty.
    3. The Skywalker saber has nothing to do with a 'search for Luke Skywalker.'
    4. Rey is a Skywalker in some fashion.
    5. Han does not die.
    6. Luke has one scene more than we know about, i.e., the flashback and the end of the film.
    7. Luke is alive and well and not a ghost. He has not transcended death.
    8. Hux dies. Phasma survives.
    9. Snoke is an unfamiliar alien and a new character. He is NOT Plagueis. He is NOT a Sith.
    10. No major characters die.

9. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Actually I think that since they are not directly using Lucas' stories the chances of Plagueis being used have gone UP.

I don't know that Lucas would use him but the enticement of someone else doing so would be very strong.

10. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    I have to admit, I don't understand why the Plagueis thing has caught on the way it has, but I guess we'll all find out together.

Have you ever seen Pulp Fiction? There's a line where a reference is made to 'Russell's old room.' Tarintino tells a story about Juliette Lewis approaching him and asking 'Who was Russell?' and Tarintino said 'I have no idea! It was just a throwaway line, and I had never given any thought to it at all until she asked me that question!'

Now clearly, Plagueis was more important than Russell, and I suppose it would be a clever way to tie in the ST and PT, but again, I'll believe it when I see it.

11. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    The thing about that it would be a clever way for the ST to tie itself to the PT and OT. The PT and OT are already totally interlocked in every way shape and form imaginable. That is already done.

So the goal that the ST has to do is to tie itself to the Saga as it exists already. Now obviously that is going to be done to some degree but how strongly it will is the question.

Everything indicates it will be through the grand-children and the journey that they have. So from an antagonist point we have Kylo Ren (the grandson) and the First Order but to continue that then Sidious' master Plagueis is a great joining part.

It would seem silly to not use Plagueis IF in every other way Snoke is in a similar position to him.

It also ties the fates of the Skywalker line together all the stronger especially the ST grand-children.

12. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Warning for all those that hate the concept of characters being related. :p

Note: (When I say related it doesn't necessarily have to mean blood family)

Finn: Totally new, no relation.
    Hux: Is related to Tarkin somehow
    Phasma: is related to Dooku somehow
    Snoke: is Plageius
    Rey: is the daughter of Han and Leia
    Kylo Ren: no relation to anyone.... WAIT A MINUTE maybe relative of Palpatine. :eek:
    Luke has no children, at least, none we know of yet.
    Mara Jade's existence remains canon (only in name and maybe still has red hair) and is deceased, and mentioned in passing by Luke.
    Thrawn is still a chiss but has been dead for a long time and mentioned in passing as a nod to the EU. (Possible spin-off film idea, story differs greatly from Zahn's books though.)
    Poe, no relation, possible protege of Wedge.
    Lando might show up in episode 8.
    Han dies, Chewie lives. (a reverse of what happened in the EU.)

Feel free to roast me if you think my speculation is dumb. *shrugs*

13. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    • Snoke is not Plagueis.
    • Snoke is not 25' tall, nor is he a snake.
    • Daisy Ridley's staff is not Plagueis' staff (if he ever had one?), nor is it a lightsaber.
    • The only Sith artifact Kylo Ren collected was Vader's helmet.
    • Kylo Ren wants the Bespin saber - not to collect it, but for other reasons.
    • Finn is not related to any previously seen black characters.
    • Luke is very much alive and not a Force ghost or evil.
    • Rey is Luke's daughter, and Kylo Ren is Han and Leia's son.
    • Han is killed by his own son. All the other main characters survive.
    • Luke does not fight in this movie.
    • The Force Awakens refers to the Force awakening within Rey, when she picks up the Bespin saber against Kylo Ren after he defeats Finn.
    • Rey was trained by Luke at his academy, but he had to block her memory with the Force and hide her on Jakku to protect her.
    • Kylo Ren (or whatever his birth name was: _____ Solo) is ten years older than Rey, and was also a Jedi apprentice at Luke's academy before he fell to the dark side and joined the Knights of Ren.

14. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    But can they combine forms to make a giant magical panda?

15. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
  16. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    I'm with you. I really hope that none of the new characters are related to any of the old characters.

I also hope that none of the old characters get killed.

On top of that, I hope the EU is thoroughly ignored and blissfully contradicted. I don't want little winks and nods.

jhazard likes this.
  17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  18. ElizaD

ElizaD Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2015
    I don't want (and I don't expect):

Finn as a jedi.
    Han dying
    Luke having offspring

I want (and I expect):

Han and Leia offspring (just Rey or even Rey and Kylo, but I love Rey).
    Luke in the last scene saving the day....maybe?
    Darth Vader references
    R2D2 and C3PO being the comedic relief.

But I'm really bad guessing so...

19. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I'm hoping Rey is related to Kenobi, Kylo is related to Dooku whose fixation on Vader is because Vader was responsible for saving his ancestor and raising them free of the Rebels who eventually toppled the Empire.

He conned Han but almost turned to the light during his training but Luke's acceptance of Rey unaware of her heritage restored his true intent and brought the Knights of Ren down upon Luke's fledgling order he made sure to make it look like the New Republic was responsible for outing its location to the First Order causing Luke to break contact even with his sister to protect both them and himself from another betrayal.

Kylo's attempt to finish the task was thwarted by Han rescuing Rey and placing her in hiding on Jakku, when he returned he found no trace of Rey who had been raised by a member of the clan and how they came into possession of the lightsaber that Kylo wanted to continue his training.

The saber ends up being sold and Rey's limited training is why she becomes reclusive its only when she is befriended by Finn that she starts coming out of her shell.

Finn is a stormtrooper his force sensitivity comes to Phasma's attention and she tries to overcome what she thinks is a cumbersome moral ineptitude but is pivotal in making up Finn's mind that he wants none of this.

Kylo figures out who Rey is and realises she can lead him to Luke thinking he was the one who hid her, Han's intervention enrages him and by striking Han down he has taken the first steps to being a true master of the Dark side.

Hux like Tarkin before him fails to understand he's beaten and is killed when his precious superweapon is blown up.

Phasma's recovers Kylo who fails to claim Rey, the lightsaber or kill Finn.

The War has started and whilst Leia mourns Han, Rey completes her task and locates her former master.

Nothing says Rey isn't a Skywalker but Kylo shouldn't be either that or a Solo this leaves them for the Sequel and I'm not sure what else to expect but I love that bit about Rey being followed to Luke and he singlehandedly kicks their backsides!!!

20. Darth_Nubian

Darth_Nubian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Aww man...I was gonna post that! Awesome.

My prediction is that Rey is Luke's, Kylo is Leia's, and Finn is not Lando's.

thejeditraitor and Rabs like this.
  21. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Hmm.. prediction. Finn becomes a kick ass pirate Jedi. He also loses a leg and gets a robot peg leg. lol

22. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Don't worry - the 'everyone is related' virus is something that will be well and truly eradicated by Dec 17th. I think Kylo is the only one. Happily, the film has been written by professional screenwriters rather than a few vocal fans.

23. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Han and Chewie becomes Finn and Chewie for the rest of the Trilogy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.