main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc. (incl. Force Friday discussion)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    R2-Q2 is from ANH... you see him rolling thru the Tantive IV around the time R4-M9 rolls thru after its captured, and he was also Biggs' astromech during the Battle of Yavin. Previously available from Hasbro in the Entertainment Earth astromech packs. R5-X3 on the right is almost identical to R5-X2, who appeared in TPM on Jabba's balcony during the race. In the film, R5-X2 had the taller 'peak' in the middle of its head that all R5-type droids had in the film... Hasbro was going to release the figure in a build-a-droid wave that got canceled a couple years ago (replaced by the Black Series, around the time when Hasbro's whole SW plan went to hell as they shifted to focus on 5POA figures... despite having more POA than those figures, the build-a-droid astromechs would've been a great way to improve the value of the simpler figures... shame they've been confined to Disney parks)

So if that video from the panel is accurate, R0 domes are different than the R6 ones they created for the X-wings (in addition to the R5s like X3's head there). R0 heads are a little narrower at the top than R6 heads. Funny that the name is R0-4L0, as they said in the panel it was "R0-L0"...maybe they ran into trademark issues, even tho the name contains 0s instead of Os.

2. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Why not? Grievous came in 4th for the Black Series poll. He's a popular character. And the weird assumption everyone in the world hates the prequels is utterly false. A lot of people like full sets to hints, especially when it comes to SW. I know I'll be getting them all, especially Anakin. Him, Maul, and Grievous look to be my favorites in this line!

IG-13, Shamear and thejeditraitor like this.
  3. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Sounds like a good investment. :D

So it has been confirmed that BB-8 is Female?

4. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I don't think everyone hates the prequels - I have a love/hate thing with them myself. I think I'm just on a bit of a TFA focus at the moment, I would have liked to just get high quality figures of the new characters, but that's just me. If the elite series ends up being an ongoing thing, I'd definitely collect them. In fact, I may well do anyway.

5. yassir.khan

yassir.khan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2014
    I'm in the exact same frame of mind. Even how I feel about the prequels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I was able to snag two Stormtroopers from the Elite series at a Disney store last Friday, and they had several more, even though the brochure said it is supposed to be released tomorrow.

7. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I (and I think a lot of people) initially assumed BB-8 would be "female" but I have noticed that JJ and others have used male pronouns when talking about BB-8.

dan1210 likes this.
  8. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    First Order troopers or the TK? The TK troopers aren't supposed to be released until November 9.

9. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Cp
    Coincidently, I will be in the Atlanta airport tomorrow. I'm back in the game!

EHT and Dewback like this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  11. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I think it would be nice if BB-8 was a female droid, since both R2-D2 and C3-PO are male droids. Either way is fine though. I have really come to like that little droid. :)

12. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    I have to say, I had a good and bad Force Friday (late with this, I know...sorry!) TRU was a riot scene with people pushing, yelling, and no where near enough product for everyone. a bad experience that I drove an hour round trip for to be there for midnight.

surprisingly, went to my local Wal-Mart the next morning, and they had a lot of stuff, including what I was looking for. so it was the worst of times, it was the best of times... but here's my total RFA gets so far ( and a disclaimer : only 1 of each figure is mine. a friend of mine who was working gave me money and asked me to pick him up a set of TBS, plus an extra Trooper. he also wanted me to get a Tie Fighter too, but that was a no go. but just wanted to point out, no scalping here!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Damn, How'd u get so many Black series?? :3

14. Darth Mikey

Sep 7, 2015

Part luck, part skill. I managed to grab a set at TRU midnight for myself, plus an extra Kylo, Finn, and Chewie for my friend Sebastian. Everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - was going crazy with the 3 3/4" figures, so I was able to sneak around the mob to halfway down the aisle where the Black Series were. But when I got to the registers, I could only buy one of each. Apparently there was a limit of 1 figure per character. There actually was also a limit of 3 figures total per customer, but the totally overwhelmed cashiers either ignored or forgot this. But that meant I couldn't get my friend his.

But luck was with me at Wal-Mart later that morning, as I found 2 whole sets there, plus extra Troopers,so I was able to get him his set as well.

whostheBossk and B99 like this.
  15. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    What I don't understand is, why did Hasbro have that huge poster up in stores of Finn with The Bespin saber if none of his figures came with it.

spaulagain and B99 like this.
  16. Darth Mikey

Sep 7, 2015

I agree. The Finn figure is probably the worst value of this series, as he only comes with the blaster. A lightsaber would've made it more palpable.

17. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    First Order Stormtrooper. I read that date wrong. You're right, TK trooper is Nov 9.

18. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    There's going to be a Finn with a saber figure, eventually.

I'm starting to believe that showing Finn with the lightsaber was a last minute marketing decision.

19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  20. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014

As luck would have it, the Radio Shack by my work got their shipment a day late and I found one right after work -- they only had two left!

New problem...my iPhone won't upgrade to the new OS so BB-8 won't work with it -- upgrading the wife's iPad now. I WILL BE SATISFIED.

EHT, Dewback and thejeditraitor like this.
  21. mdietr1ch

mdietr1ch Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 23, 2014
    Got my Rey and Ren black series figures today. Rey is just okay but I'm really happy with the Kylo one because evil is badass. That is all.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Darth Mikey - Congrats on that haul. For future reference, please break links in images whenever you post pics here. Thanks.

23. Darth Mikey

Sep 7, 2015

like, post links instead of images? just want to make sure I understand.

24. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Could be they didn't want toy leaks showing Finn with the saber for spoiler reasons... but perhaps they decided to put him in posters with it because so many people were already guessing that Rey is actually the "new hope"/Luke of the sequels. I've encountered some people on social media who think Finn is the absolute main hero of the trilogy, the one who becomes a Jedi above all others, and are convinced (by earlier rumors long abandoned, it seems) that Finn's 'awakening' in the Force is why he leaves the First Order. At least one guy thinks Finn himself discovered the saber in Cloud City. [face_rofl]

...and after the posters and the mini-teaser appeared, so many more have piped up about how he's 'unworthy' of wielding that saber, are convinced that he's already a Jedi, etc etc. So if the purpose, partially, was to deflect audiences from assuming Rey is the new Luke, it seems to have worked for many (tho there are others still convinced that Rey's staff will sprout a saber blade at one end before the movie's over)

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I broke them in your post, already, but whenever you post pics here, whether you simply cut & paste them or embed them, be certain to click on each pic and highlight it and then click on the "broken chain link" button in your "new post" toolbar to sever the link from the image's source.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.