main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TFA's Effect on the Han/Leia Romance

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mommy.Is.A.Jedi

Mommy.Is.A.Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2015
    I've been waiting for someone to start this thread. The Han/Leia relationship is the only real disappointment that I have regarding TFA. I understand where the writers were coming from. I get why they did what they did. I still don't like it. I always pictured them as sticking it out together, supporting each other, giving each other space to be individuals, while still operating as a married couple that loves each other above all else. I'm glad that the TFA novel gives more insight to their feelings, and I do believe that they still loved each other. I'm looking forward to finding out more about their life together through books or whatever else LFL throws our way.

2. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    The TFA novel makes it pretty clear that had Han survived, he was planning in going back to Leia and reconciling things with her. He ends up dying because he's trying to fulfill Leia's request out of love for her.

3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    We can bet our bottom dollar that there will be a TV show,probably animated, that focuses on the events between ROTJ and TFA. It will be very different from anything they've ever done because it will focus on truly beloved materials based in the timeframe of movies that everyone truly loves. TCW were good. Rebels, not so much (in my opinion) but an animated series that is actually somewhat serious storytelling that fits into the universe (unlike Maul surviving after being sliced in half) would be very well accepted if done right.

4. catlover43

catlover43 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 9, 2014
    Deleted by request.

5. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Leia wears her ring through out the film. There's obviously more love there than just mutual respect and friendship. There's no reason to think they would not be together if Kylo didn't turn bad.

catlover43 likes this.
  6. Norminator

Norminator Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2009
    All this.
    All those theories of Leia now being a senator/chancellor and Han being a great military leader never gelled with me. Once everyday life sets in and your discussions start revolving around what's for dinner, there was no way those two were going to last. They're just too different. I'm glad they had the balls to do it.

7. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    Han and Leia were not separated because they were too different. Their strong love for each other made up for their differences.

It's clear the separation was due to the fact they didn't know how to deal with the grief over Ben turn to the Dark side. Leia buried herself on her work, trying to defeat the First Order (and bring Ben back, possibly), while, Han feeling his presence was painful to Leia, because he made her remember their son, returned to his life as a smuggler.

Also, the TFA novelization makes it clear Han was going to return to Leia, had he survived.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.