main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW That Haggis Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    "According to Variety, Bryan Singer has signed a deal with Warner Bros. Pictures to direct and produce a sequel to Superman Returns.

Like Superman Returns, Legendary Pictures will likely co-finance the film. Singer has said he is targeting summer 2009 for the sequel.

At Comic-Con International on July 21, Singer indicated his intentions for a sequel.

"With this one, we kind of introduced the characters and the universe to some degree, which required some measure of re-introduction since it had been several years since Superman had been around," Singer said. "The next one enables me to get all Wrath of Khan on it."

Singer said that he hoped screenwriters Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty would be involved in the next film. "If I can afford them," he said. "They're best friends and best writers."

He also noted that in the next movie he should be able to incorporate more contemporary aspects from the comics. "I'm very respectful of that," he said.

Warner Bros. has an option on Superman Returns star Brandon Routh, and he is expected to return.

Superman Returns brought in $200.0 million domestically and some $380 million worldwide. It will be released on DVD on Nov. 28.

The Superman sequel will be Singer's fourth comic-book film, following X-Men, X2 and Superman Returns."

-From Comics continuum

2. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    A little bit more, this time on the budget...

3. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    i read that Marilyn Manson will be playing Dr. Frank-N-Furter in the rocky horror show remake. any truth behind this?

4. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

I just hope there's no truth to them doing a rocky horror remake ...

blasphemy!

5. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    How many "Marylin Manson will be playing *insert character* in a remake of *insert film*" rumours has there been now?

6. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    he was surposed to play willy wonka in the charlie and the chocolate factory remake, lukily he didnt, i dont think it would have been sucessfull with the kiddies

7. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    new clip of what venom will look like in the next spiderman film
    http://spikedhumor.com/articles/67487/The_New_Venom_in_Spider_man_3.html

8. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Very nice, but I am prefering the teaser trailer for Harry Potter 5.

9. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah that was a bootleg trailer that was floating round, that Sony took down within hours, but It didn't stop a heap of people capturing it! Looks good!

The teaser for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix can be found here!

10. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    no offense but u guys still like harry potter, i got over that whole thing ages ago, they dont interest me anymore, not after Lord of the rings came out anyway

11. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    They are still good flicks, based on good books. Childish or not, they definetly mature as the reader does. They interest me alot more than Lord of the Rings. And they are pop culture, hence why I posted the trailer. You may be over them, but being pop culture, not everybody else is!

Ill choose Dememtors over Ringwraiths anyday ,if we are going to get technical :p

12. hollyinlowercase

hollyinlowercase Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2006
    Harry potter beats lord of the rings only because all of the lord of the rings stuffs is out. Not all of harry potter has yet been released... not even all the books!!! :eek:

13. Darth_Berserker

Apr 12, 2005
    dont get me wrong , i still like the movies but the books annoy me, they take way to long to read. whereas with LOTR i enjoyed both the books and the films, i think thats why i like it better, plus its been around alot longer than HP has, also they beta end the series soon otherwise i can see many people are going to get bored of it and wont like it at all. i know a few people who said the last book was starting to get boring, then again i havnt read it yet, ive only read the first 5

14. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Umm. Ok. :rolleyes:

Umm you do realise there is and always has been known there will be 7 books? One more to go!

15. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    *swoons* can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I believe that Harry Potter book 7 will be released on the 7th of the 7th 07.

17. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I tried to watch the first HP film. Best cure for insomnia ever.

18. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    So, maybe this is really old news but I just read that Steve Carrell is going to play Maxwell Smart in a remake of Get Smart. I don't care if the film itself is awful, but Steve Carrell is totally the perfect (after Don Adams obviously) Max Smart!

Oh yay!

19. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Anyone heard of the latest situation concerning 'The Hobbit'?
    With MGM wanting PJ to direct, why PJ will love to make the film if New Line would settle the law suit from the FotR first, New Line Cinema 'dumping' PJ because of lawsuit and 'time issues' with the rights.

I think alot of people(and media) have already read the letter PJ and FW has sent to TheOneRing.net and that recent reports of MGM stance on PJ directing is far from over.

20. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Watch the third.

Yeah, they just cast Anne Hathaway as Agent 99. Should be interesting, I remember when Tom Hanks was up for this role! Its been a long time coming! Should be good, as long as they replicate the opening sequence well!

I think what I found most interesting about that, is that they wanted to shoot Two films back to back, LOTR style. It was going to be the Hobbit, and then some other middle-earth prequel. Time issues with the rights is proberly the biggest thing right now. Similar situation to Roger Cormans unreleased 1994 Fantastic Four flick, which if you dont know the story, Corman had to start production on the film before a certain time or would loose the rights, so he started production on the actors in that film didn't even realise it wasn't going to be released. Theres a few bootleg copies flying round, but theres plenty of picture on the internet if you google it!

Personally, even tho im not a LOTR person, they shouldn't bother without PJ. Its risky territory.

21. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    If I ever need to induce a coma, I'll keep that in mind. Incidentally, I'm reading the back catalogue of a webcomic called Order of the Stick atm, they sum up my thoughts on HP quite nicely.

Keep watching that space, it'll get interesting. I think Pj will wind up directing. He knows his fanboys and look what's happening. He's managed to generate backlash against the film before production even started and you've now got Mark ordesky ( A major driving force for LotR inside New Line) trying to get this sorted out.

Agreed, which is why Ii applaud PJ for the way he's played this. He isn't folding, he's raising the stakes and seeing if New line will fold.

22. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002

23. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Time travels during all of those films, very very slowly. Unless you sleep.

24. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    Wow Sithy isn't too happy :p
    [face_laugh]

25. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Thanks, been looking for that.
    I'd hope so. You can imagine how dodgy a LOTR-esque movie would be if it was dictated by studios and deadlines demanding a yes-man for a director.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.