[That whole 20 posts before Pm thing]

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Darth_Ignant, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Any chance that could be applied to thread making? Maybe not long term, but for a couple of weeks. it would help out 3SA quite a bit, regarding redundancy.
  2. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    There was word of making it admin only for new threads in the 3SA until things calm down.

If there is support for that then I'm sure Sapes might go in that direction
  3. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    That might work, but maybe a little too restrictive.
  4. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    it would only be for a short while until people get over the over-riding lust to create their own thread entitled "my opinion of ROTS"
  5. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I had thought about that in the PT forum... we'll see how much junk we get in there. I think for 3SA it could be a good idea.
  6. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Looking at the 3SA forum....

For the love of god YES! 8-}
  7. GriffZ Manager Emeritus

star 6

There was word of making it admin only for new threads in the 3SA until things calm down.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that also proposed when AOTC came out? If so, I don't believe that was ever implimented since it was decided that the increase in users/posts/stupidity would only be termporary, and there were enough mods* to handel the forum. And 3SA has even more mods than 2SA did.

*By "mods" I mean Gandalf.

8. MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head

star 6
    I say making 3SA Read-only for a short while sounds like a good idea to me.
  9. master_organa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I strongly support the rule that noobs can not make a thread for their month.
  10. MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling

star 5
    master_organa NO ONE Would be able to make threads not just noobs besides mods

Just Mods & NO ONE ELSE
  11. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Whats the point of locking and redirecting? Looking at that forum you get 50 threads in 10 minutes. I was in there a short while ago and the 50 threads on the page had the last post within 8 minutes. Thats impossible to keep up with just about.

Admin only or just let it run its course. Those are IMHO the best ways to deal with it.
  12. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    ^Read Only? What's the fun in that? I thought there were SW fans on this board?
  13. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Admin only means only VIPs on up can create new threads. Everyone else can still reply though.
  14. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Please do that. Just for a couple of weeks. Apart from teh redundancy, whic is merely an annoyance, it really stilts decent discussion.

Please, ASAP.
  15. Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    [image=http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~sfrancis/Personal/Do%20It.gif]
    Yeah. Do it... Do it!
  16. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It has been done. I couldn't take it anymore all I was doing was locking and locking and locking for hours on end.
  17. MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head

star 6
  18. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
  19. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Thanks. It had to be done, if only for tonight. I learned something tonight too. I've been and still am working in there now going on 5 hours or so and I can honostly see why you all wanted another mod in there a few months ago. That place is a madhouse and all I was doing was just locking new threads, not actually reading anythihg.

More importantly I know realize what Sapes does in there all day.
  20. GriffZ Manager Emeritus

star 6

Bah. I'm telling ya, just make Gandalf stay in the there all day long. He'll clean the forum right up.

21. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Its times like this, that a part of me thinks it might be a good thing to come back as a mod, to temporairly help out. But, it quickly passes.
  22. MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Is there anyway to keep this perman (the only adminstrators) can only make topics) until at least the ep3 board closes ? Here is what you guys can do

Make A Stickey Thread Saying If You Want A Topic Made Post It Here & A Mod Will Approve It & Make 1 it is MUCH MUCH more cleaner & nicer the way it is now
  23. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Okay, you have a spoiler link in your sig. That isn't allowed until Monday.
  24. GriffZ Manager Emeritus

star 6

Is there anyway to keep this perman (the only adminstrators) can only make topics) until at least the ep3 board closes ?

What do you mean "until at least the ep3 board closes"? Does that mean until the 3SA and NSA get merged?

25. YTMND Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I agree,only allow the mods to make new threads for a couple weeks.

It would seriously help the redundancy,things are moving at lightning speed in the former 3SA,simply because of all the new threads being created,most of which are redundant.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.