main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE 24-HOUR ALL-WHINING ALL COMPLAINING BOARD!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    So what are you doing here complaining about it? That paper ain't gonna write itself while you're goofing off!
    Get to work!

Some people's kids, I swear.

/rolleyes

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Yarg...I hope you survived the paper-writing, Master K. That's grim. *HUG* Let us know when you emerge from Post-Evil Paper Trauma.

- Kai

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Paper is done and ready to be turned in tonight. Hopefully I won't have to repeat the entire class. Just sneak in under the radar, drop it off and leave!!!

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Yay, now it's time to head to the cantina for a drink, right master K?

5. LadyCieone

LadyCieone Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    /beginrant

I hate getting old.:_|

My body is giving me nothing but misery. I now have to have knee surgery AGAIN (apparently because they messed it up the first time, and no, the same surgeon is NOT doing the second surgery).

I have to have a colonoscopy (but I'm not 50, damn it!) [face_frustrated] because I keep having mysterious pains in my lower abdomen and they can't figure out what it might be (but I keep ending up in the ER after days of not being able to keep anything, even water, down).

My herniated disk in my neck continues to cause me a lot of pain, I'm going to have acupuncture this Friday (at this point I'd try anything).

My right leg and foot continue to cause me a log of pain, especially if I do any walking. I don't know what they're going to be able to do about that, the last thing I want is to be stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of my life (I've already had to to use one at Disneyland and it SUCKS!)

/endrant

So ... how has everyone else been? I've missed everyone. :) I'm looking forward to CIV, I hope everyone will be able to make it!

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Cieone, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. I send you a huge VERY GENTLE hug....

Well, was never so glad to see a year over than 2006, with losing Mom, selling off the business, my childhood home and the major reconstruction after the cancer...it was a year from hell that I don't care to repeat. Thank the Force for my extended family that was always and I mean ALWAYS there to help smooth out the rough spots.

Looking forward to the new year, new events and being with those that mean the world to me.

See ya at CIV!!!! (hey we need a Disneland Day!!!).... or more imporantly we need a day at the Boardwalk and Dinner at the Taj!!!

7. GreyJediPathfinder

GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2005
    (please read with a HEAVY note of sarcasm)

First of all, I would like to thank the individual/s who so politely removed the vent window of my truck last night. I would ask that if you do such vandalism again, please clean up after yourself, I have window glass all over the rear seat and floor. I apologize for the fact that the door lock was broken making it impossible to open that particular door from the inside when locked. I don't know if you were trying to steal a trophy such as the cover plate from my radio, or you were after something bigger such as my truck itself.

Please let me know who you are, just so I can contact the police, and inform them of your kind treatment of MY truck.

BTW, if I EVER find out who you are.............

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Oh Man,

Shan, I has so sorry you went through this. I completely understand how you feel. And yeah,,,if you find out who did it...let me be there to help. :mad:

9. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    On not so much as a vent but as a curiosity thing...

Is it bad form to put a Scot in Irish clothing /\ ???

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    If you're referring to Ewan, then trust me; we've complained about it A LOT. :p

11. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    LOL...YUP!!!!!

12. LadyCieone

LadyCieone Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Health Update:

Acupuncture actually WORKED for the neck!

The knee is getting stronger, but the bad news is that there is so much damage, including bad arthritis and bone-on-bone contact that a complete knee replacement is in my future. [face_worried]:_| However, I have set several goals for myself, including being wheelchair- and cane-free by CIV, and being able to walk around Disneyworld without assistance the next time I go. Oh, and to get back to Middle Eastern dancing. [face_batting]

They still haven't figured out what's up with my stomach, though I did have the colonoscopy AND endoscopy at the same time. I have to say that despite all the dreading, by FAR the worst thing about THAT procedure was the awful stuff I had to drink beforehand! I don't remember much about the procedure itself (yay, meds!) The doctor DID say that my stomach isn't as "active" o_O as it should be, in that it's supposed to contract 4 times every minute or so and mine doesn't. Whatever that means.

I am going to have ANOTHER procedure on the 23rd of April where they feed me a radioactive egg salad sandwich (okay, so only one little part of it will be radioactive :p) and then follow its course through my digestive system for the next 2 1/2 hours. At least I won't have to drink that dreadful stuff again (phew!) [face_sick]

So, it seems that my health is at least nominally better and I'm feeling stronger every day. If they can just figure out what's going on with my gut, I'll be golden.

And I am SO looking forward to CIV!

13. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Mmmm..radioactive egg salad...I wonder if my egg salad will turn radioactive after 4 weeks in the fridge?

*hugs* take care of yourself Mrs. Sid and I look forward to seeing you again at CIV.

14. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I swear my dirty laundry is breeding while I'm not looking. Where on earth did all of this come from?!?I'm never going to get it all done :(
    The dishes are almost as quick to multiply.
    I so want a full time maid.
    At least it's nice enough outside that I can have a ton of windows open to bring some nice fresh air in here (along with all the pollen that's driving my allergies nuts [face_whistling] )

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    "No you can't bring a baby frog into the classroom." "No you can't bring a baby frog into the classroom." "No you can't bring a baby frog into the classroom." "No, you can't....

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST IT?" :eek:

16. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Hee hee hee...

17. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    That sound like my house ROTFL

18. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Okay... I have had it! This is it!!! I can't handle it anymore!!! I hate this!!! This just sucks!!!
    @#$@@@# @#&*& $# &@#$!!!!!

Sorry, just had to vent...

19. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *carefully steps in and hugs Siri*
    We still love you. :)

20. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Um...

*HUG*

That didn't sound good. Drop me a line, if you want.

*HUG*

- Kai

21. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Just remember...We are Ohana...and "Ohana means family. And family means no one gets left behind...or forgotten!"

[image=http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/Master--Kenobi/img_stitch1.jpg]

22. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    :mad: Was just told that a project I have been working all week on has been done wrong and I need to start over. Fortunately, the person who told me this is going to help me do it right. Still doesn't make me feel any better.

Master K, check your e-mail.

23. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Oh joy of joys. On this fine day I will be sitting in a waiting room for immigration stuff.

24. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Thanks to all of you... Yes, no whining today. The mess, though still there and only promises to get worse... at least it's going to get fixed now. They start next week, uck.

My thoughts are with you TionneHawk and AboutaSith.... Like Master-K reminded me; I now send hugs to you both. [:D]

25. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Tanks, immigration wasn't too bad, only 2 hrs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.