main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The 501st and the rest of the clones

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by beezel26, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Seeing that the 501st are involved in CW and they are fighting with Anakin and pretty much loyal to him, do you think it didn't take much to kill the rest of the Jedi in ROTS?

2. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I'm not sure I get what you mean. Like convincing to kill them, it wasn't mentally hard for them or it didn't take many of their numbers?

I'm just a tad bit confused

3. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    convincing them. I mean do you think anyone of them felt bad about what they were doing? Do you think Rex was still alive or he bought the farm? Would he had pulled the trigger.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Do you mean they would be more willing to follow Anakin as Vader because of their experiences with him as Skywalker?

That's interesting.

5. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Well in the end, they weren't so much as following Anakin/Vader as Emporer Palpataine. Darth Vader was really just there to lead them, command them and personally oversee and make sure no Jedi escape. The Clones know their duty, and knew that alot of them probably wouldn't survive the temple purge but it was the order.

The only clonetroopers you actually see hesitate to pull the trigger or let the Jedi get a headstart is in the EU for now.

I don't think the 501st were necessarily chosen because they had previously worked with Skywalker, seeing as Cody and Obi Wan were basically stuck together at every situation and he didn't hesitate for a minute. The 501st were moreso picked because they were the best of the best, and Vader wouldn't be such a visual powerful figure to others if he had freshly cloned and trained troopers.

6. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    but are they the best because of skywalker?

7. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    The clones all know what Order 66 means. It is to be issued only in the event of the Jedi becoming the enemy. They are not robots but they know their duty and if their duty calls for elimination of the Jedi they have fought with for three years then that is what must be done. Yes some clones have hesistated but clearly not enough did for the sake of the Jedi. Skywalker earns their respect because he knows how to lead and it is all natural. His men can relate to him and they will follow him to the death because he will follow them to the death. He will lead them and if he can he bring all of them back in one piece. The 501st are loyal to Anakin however a good question is what if Palpatine had asked them to kill Anakin after all was said and done?

Another way to put it is an analogy. If you have seen Gladiator everyone serves Maximus. They are faithful and loyal to him. Even in the slave life the men turn to him. That is how Anakin could be construed as. Though Maximus clearly had more honor than Skywalker.

8. beezel26

May 11, 2003

Cool deleted scene.

all the clones cheering ANAKIN ANAKIN ANAKIN!

I could see it.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The 501st are loyal to Anakin however a good question is what if Palpatine had asked them to kill Anakin after all was said and done?

They'd execute Order 66 again.

10. Dartheater

Dartheater Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2008
    [face_shame_on_you] The clones have no real control palpatine controls them all anakin may command authority but palpatine has the real power they will folow palpatines orders over anakins any day.[face_shame_on_you]

11. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Palpatine controls the clones, he probably just said for the 501st to obey Anakin for the moment.

12. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    But it does make you wonder, since Yoda said they may look alike but they are different in the Force if some of them wouldn't carry out the order.

To me, the way it was portrayed in ROTS, it was programmed into them when they were training and all Palpatine had to do was execute the order and they would through some sort of mnemonic suggestion obey it...like a trigger of sorts.

And perhaps Order 66 included the clause NOT to kill Anakin, knowing that he would turn to the Dark Side(presumption, I know...but it is Palpatine after all.:p )

13. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007

Yeah, but Palpatine could have turned on Anakin and ordered the clones to kill him at any time.

14. Cid

Cid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2007
    Nah, i reckon the clones were just brainwashed to obey the chain of command, which ultimately ends with Palpatine. They'll do whatever they are told by anyone who outranks them, and nobody outranks the Supreme Chancellor.

15. Dartheater

Dartheater Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2008
    [face_dancing] Exactly my point![face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.