main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the 501st

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by DarthFresno, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthFresno

DarthFresno Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Hello Imperial Citizen!

Due to the work you have done for the Empire, along with your correspondence of
    your Garrison Membership Liaison (GML) and the Legion Membership Officer, your
    application to join the 501st has been approved!

You new TKID is 2199

Please look yourself up in the 501st members database, available from
    http://www.501st.com under 'Members', and make sure your information is correct.

Again, welcome to the 501st. I need to inform you that so far you have only been
    added to our membership database and at this time most likely do not have your
    personalized pictures on our site. Your GML will be available to guide you
    through the steps of getting personalized pictures up on our site, but the
    process can and will take time so please be patient.

For a listing of the current GMLs please visit http://www.501st.com > Garrisons

Again, welcome!

0895 - Michael Washko

2. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Congrats man! TK-4321 (that's me) welomes our newest SL.

Welcome to the biggest and best Star Wars costuming group in the world, if not one of the coolest fan clubs ever as well. Seriously, if your a SW fan then you already know of the 501st, but I swear I still run into people who claim to be big SW fans and when I say 501st they just give me a blank look. Anyhow, Bret our GML, should get ahold of you shorty and get you up on our local board too.

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Congrates Darth! (hmm I may just have to get that ST armor a bit sooner than planned!

Seriously, Good Job!

4. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    Yes, welcome aboard, you will find our Garrison to be filled with Scum and Villany!! just kiddin... These guys are great, I look forward to meeting you!!

TK-1987

Fabio Trooper

lol[face_laugh]

5. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    Congrats, DarthFresno! What a great thing for you!

I was thinking after going to C3 that I might have seen some Trooper outfits for women...is this something recognized by the 501st?

I want a costume! And my hubby was thinking it would be cool to have a camouflage Clone Trooper costume from EpIII for him to wear. How much does a Trooper costume run these days?

-AnakinsLuv

6. DarthFresno

DarthFresno Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Kenny would know better then me, but probably 300 - 700 dollars for a trooper costume? And yes, male or female may join the 501st.

7. AnakinsLuv

Apr 2, 2004
    Hmmm...is there a website where you can purchase these? Actually, I'm sure there are several!

-AnakinsLuv

8. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    Well, all of the trooper suits and armor you have seen in the past is all ?fan made? meaning it is not a licensed product and there shouldn?t be any websites with armor kits for sale. Unless they want to get sued my LFL.

So right now the best bet for any kind of armor is Ebay, as that is the official word we give out in the 501st when people ask. And it?s true, please upgrade and sell off what they don?t want any more all the time.

Now, as you may have seen we are finally getting licensed companies to start making a nicer high end costumes, as with the ultimate Darth Vader outfit by Rubies. Now to a professional costumer this set is still crap and low end. But this some time and effort it can look pretty good actually, lot of paint and add-ons. And now Master Replicas is looking into doing armor in the future as well so this should really be nice and high-end stuff with-out a doubt, but expensive.

The best bet to find a fan who makes the outfit you are looking for or just ask nicely where one might get one, but off the record of course.

Oh and the 501st does not offical recoganize the ?fem trooper? armor, that?s the boobie stuff, as it has to be a cannon, movie accurate outfit to get into the group. But both men and women can be found under a Stormtrooper helmet at any time.

9. AnakinsLuv

Apr 2, 2004
    Thanks for that info guys. Hmmm I always just thought that most of the 501st costumes were "left overs" from the OT and that they got sold by LFL and have just been past around and copied by other fans. Shows how much I know :p

So I'm not sure I'm following ya...basically to get into the 501st one's costume has to be home-made??? You aren't supposed to buy it from a company? :confused:

Sounds pretty complicated...

Sheesh, I just wanted to have a cool, feminine costume. And I can't really buy a great Padme gown and have it look authentic, because I don't look anything like Natalie Portman, ya know? Maybe I could just be some random Jedi... [face_thinking]

-A very frustrated AnakinsLuv [face_frustrated]

10. Obi1kenny

May 10, 2002
    If one of the companies, like MR, starts making Stormtrooper outfits then very cool, buy one and you can get it. The outfit does not have to be home-made, in fact only a small percentage are. but they are fan made, as I didn't make my suit but anotehr fan did. And some of the 501st trooper suits are copies of of the real thing too. And I actually can put you in touch with a guy I know for that, but it's double the price of what you will find on Ebay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.