main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic The ACG Court of Law

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DarthBabe, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    //Takes the stand and makes the oath

Atty cannot be responisble for these spam acusations. He was with me feeding the poor kids, and then we went drinking(sprite) at all the times he was meant to of spammed. He has been unfairly accused in some from of attempt to make him look bad.

//Stands down

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    *turns to camera*

Well, there you have it. Ramble_Boba has offered testimony in Princess Atty's favour.

At this point, I really wish I had something else to say, but I don't, so I'll just continue with random curse words.

**** **** ***** ****** ************** * *** ************* ***** lobster.

And now, back over to Eric and the West Ham match. Eric.

3. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    As one of Adam's attorney's, I like to make a statement...

1) Adam is on trial for the belief that he posted a spam thread. Tara's evidence of Adam's previous spam has no place in this trial. If the charge were conspiracy to spam, then the evidence presented by Tara would be applicable and allowable. However, the charge does not include conspiracy, so on the grounds of failure to have any relevence to the charge at hand, I ask that Tara's evidence be stricken from the record.

2) I thank Spanky for his very observant and researched testimony. If, in fact, this thread were spam, Adam would have posted a lot more than what he did. However, Adam was not the one keeping it alive. It was everyone else posting in it that kept it going. So if we are to consider that thread spam, then everyone who posted in it...yes, everyone...should be accused of spamming.

3) In the very first post, Adam gave the thread a topic. Granted, the topic should have been posted in the title. However, I believe Adam's fear of having another thread rejected led him to automatically defend his thread against critical posters, which was the reason for the immediate defense found in the title. The topic was a good topic, and one that flowed nicely, given the posts that were made in it. Adam's sudden confession that the thread was indeed spam is, I believe, an attempt at a joke, which, sadly given his record, no one got. I am sorry, Adam, that the joke wasn't well-received.

As a final thought, I believe the thread was a good one, on a good subject that was relevant to everyone at the time, with school going back into session. If it had been spam, everyone would have just rolled their eyes and waited for it to be locked. It never got locked. Now, there are two reasons why this thread never got locked. 1) The RSA's of Canada finally got lazy and stopped caring about the ACG. Everyone knows as well as I do that that is not possible. So only the second reason remains. 2) This thread is NOT spam, for if it was, our guard dogs in Ontario would have locked it up, and we wouldn't even be having this trial, because Adam would be banned.

Thank you, that is all for now.

4. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    The fact remains that further into the thread Atty himself declared the thread to be spam. What more evidence could you ask for?

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

5. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    The fact remains that further into the thread Atty himself declared the thread to be spam. What more evidence could you ask for?

Again, I reiterate what was said in my previous post

"The topic was a good topic, and one that flowed nicely, given the posts that were made in it. Adam's sudden confession that the thread was indeed spam is, I believe, an attempt at a joke, which, sadly given his record, no one got. "

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    You have all made some very worthy points. To answer your question Tara about the 2:09am thread I went through my files and could not find a reason why certain posts had been removed from the thread. The only thing that I can conclude is that there had been some inappropiate comments made on the thread.

7. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    Judge Mike, will the evidence presented by Tara regarding Adam's former occurences of spam be allowed to remain, or will they be stricken for having no relevence to the charge at hand?

8. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Since #1 the accused has a history of spamming #2 the defendent has been warned several times #3 the defendent cannot be charged for the same crime if found not guilty during a criminal trial, my decision so to include her evidence.

9. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    *news thingy*

A very interesting development today, as Judge CrazyMike has declared the evidence produced by the prosecution to be admissable. More developments after our Wednesday feature Dazed and Confused.

10. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    The man has a history of spam, this is why people chose to frame him. He is a reformed character and stayed out of trouble for a while. He helps the little kiddies!

Oh and Eric at the West Ham match says west ham are crap

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    (I figured that, about West Ham :p)

12. Ramble_Boba

May 13, 2002
    However, Chris reports from Anfield to let us hear that Liverpool will regain the form of the 80's soon (we hope) and over at Blundell Park, Grimsby Town getting ready for a season for promotion.

Back to the court where Stacky is waiting on this vital case

13. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    I'm trying to remember... didn't he have one more?

Yes, I remember there were more spam threads. But do to the "pruning" system, they have been lost.

14. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    as you can see that my client is being framed off pass actions. In my time here, he has not really spammed. He is not guilty.

15. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    It is important to show that he has done this in the past and continues to do it in the present. The point of bringing him to court is to stop him from doing it in the future.

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I have taken all accounts into consideration and will make my judgement tomorrow if that is ok with you Tara...

17. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    aaah, but we are not charging him with spamming in the past... if you go back through the thread in question... you notice that darthbabe slaps on the handcuffs just on hearsay...there is no proof that he was infact going to spam in the said thread.

he was detained on an assumption that he was going to spam, not based on a suspicion... if people were detained on an assumption, then we would all be arrested during our teen years for something that was taken the wrong way...

furthermore... i am agreeing with tammy that, the accused was trying to promote a joke that was taken the wrong way.

this is the first time that the accused has been taken to the acg court of law... and we are here why?... because the prosecution had a hair trigger to accuse the defendant of something that was taken the wrong way...
    i would also like to bring up the point that people change (as they grow up)... and when i first started posting here... i did infact hear a lot about adam spamming... now, mind you 8 months isnt a long time... but since my introduction to the acg... the talk about atty's spamming has become less and less... even to the point of not hearing anything about it for a month plus.

18. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Your Honour, I also have something else to present to the court.

Since fanforce Moncton is a city within one of the Atlantic Canadian provinces, I'm bringing this evidence into court.

In this thread, around the 25 post down, Adam threatens to spam FF Moncton.

You'll be scared cuz it'll spam moncton first.

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I will address this issue tomorrow...

20. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    this is about Atlantic Canada General, since that thread is not in here, the argument from that is bunk.

21. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Moncton is in New Brunswick and New Brunsick is one of the Atlantic provinces. FF Moncton was birthed out of a couple of the ACG members here.

22. WarmasterDan

Sep 3, 2002
    I know it's in NB, and NB is in atlantic canada, but this court is for the the ACG. Once it left ACG, it left the area of control of the court of law.

23. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    I felt it was necessary to bring it up in this case when he begins to expand his spamming into other fan forces. This is a serious issue and it needs to be addressed.

24. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    *agrees with Tara*

25. THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA

THE_GREAT_SPANKSTA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2003
    your honor... i would like to submit this information for defence of my client... (i was added to the defence team yesterday)

if you look at our clients profile, and go down to job title... he put "smart ass"...

i think that adam, who HAS diminished his spamming through the months is just being the "smart ass" that he says he is in his profile... although he has spammed in the past, and has talked about spamming in the recent past... thats all it was... TALK...

i feel that the testimony regarding the fan force moncton spam threat should be thrown out... because this is a case regarding a thread in ATLANTIC CANADA GENERAL... not FF MONCTON... true moncton is in N.B., and N.B. IS in atlantic canada... this case is about happenings in the ACG... not FFM... even if it is going to be admissable, remember... he is a self proclaimed "smart ass", and i feel that the threats are empty ones in that, he was trying to be a "smart ass"

i have nothing more to say at this time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.