main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Adventures of Princess Poopzilla

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    The full bellies picture is almost disgustingly cute :p

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

2. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    So sweet it could give you diabetes? :p

I used to be such a cynic...lately I am a ball of mushy gushy "awwww" ;)

Babies are diabolical.

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yes! Diabetic cute! Hyperglycemia cute. ;)

Babies do have a way of turning people to mush. Especially if they're just that cute! [face_love]

4. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I am so tired. But she is so worth it.

5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    those sure are sweet pictures Jennay.

6. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Thanks, nnay. And thanks for trying to come and see us yesterday. You are both very sweet. [face_love]

Julien and I went downstairs to look at the snow this morning. She wasnt real impressed by that, but as we walked through the atrium she was absolutely stunned by the palm leaves. The morning light shines from the skylights down through the trees and it is very pretty. It was neat to watch her bitty blue eyes stare up at the trees with wonder. Her mouth was open in a tiny O shape. It was cool. I am really going to miss her when I go back to work. Two weeks from today.

She is six weeks old today!

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Aw! And I wish we could have made it down, but upon driving back to the Springs I'm kinda glad we didn't chance it. The weather was nasty...

We'll get down there at some point!!

8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    OOh fun! yeah the weather was getting UGLY!

9. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Julien has had her bath and is all lathered up with smelly baby ointments, ready for bed. Tonight is her first night in her crib. Every time I lay her down in it she cries. I am trying my secret weapon right now.

Since shortly after she was born I have played a baby sleep cd called "cradle songs" for her while she has slept. It helped her stay asleep longer, or at least it seemed to.

I am playing it now, and as I type this she is fighting to stay awake. Its actually kinda cute. Who knew such a tiny baby could exhibit such sophisticated behavior. She knows that she is not where she usually sleeps at night, but everything else is the same. Lets see who is the smarter monkey. [face_monkey]

hhmm

I dont hear her anymore.

Hhmmm. I-)

Baby jedi is asleep...I win! :D

10. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    Yeah!!!! You won!!! :D

Goodnight Baby Jedi...I-)

11. Cyra_Secura

Cyra_Secura Jedi Master star 1

Jul 18, 2004
    Oh Jennay!!! I am so happy for you!!! I know exactly what you are feeling-when you watch them sleep and look at their toes and just stare at their cute little faces, you just can't explain it!!! [face_love]

Oh, if you want poop stories, I have some. Ever see poop fly through the air? I have many times. Sydney was about 4 months and wasn't done pooping when I was changing her and it went flying onto the wall! And Kinson was about the same age and I went to grab another wipe and the poop landed on it! With Delilah, I went to run and errand and Chico was watching the girls and she had pooped. When I came through the front door, Chico turned around and he had tissue up his nose so he wouldn't smell the poop while he was changing her. It was hilarious! :p

I have three monsters and even when they are driving me nuts, I love 'em. You're doing a great job and I love the pictures-she is adorable and I can't wait to hold her!!! [:D]

12. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Thanks, Cyra! Children are precious, even when they stink. :)

I have developed a grading system to define the severity of the poop story. A minor poop issue is a poopcident. A major problem is a pooptastrophe. In the beginning, Julien and I had many pooptastrophes. When I was still staying with my mom I had to call her in the middle of the night many times to help me when the mess became so big, cleaning it up alone was no longer an option. Thank the maker we love them so much. :D

I remember once it was so bad, I couldnt stop laughing. My incision hurt, but I couldnt stop laughing...it became that hysterical laugh that makes you want to puke and takes your breath away. My mom thinks I am crying and comes running to my rescue to find me double over in laughter, covered in poo. I am laughing now just thinking about it. [face_laugh]

The funniest part of poop stories is the look the kid gets on their face when youre dealing with it. Its like, "whats the big deal, yo."

Gotta love it.

13. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    She is just too, too cute Jennay!
    "Duckies and Chickens" and "Basket of Bears" are my favorite!
    She is growing fast too. Are you slipping Miracle Grow into her feeding? LOL

Thanks for sharing Mistress.

14. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I hope she doesn't have teeth by the next time I can get up there :p which is looking like this weekend :D The weather is going to be nice up here, I bet it's going to be great in P-Town.

Save your laundry for me & I will go shopping for you or whatever you need me to do. Not sure if I'm going to get there early Sat morning or come down Friday night? I will let you know soon.

15. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    no teeth yet, but she did get me with her old man gums yesterday...can you say OUCH! :(

It would be great if u could make it this weekend...last one.

and weather here is supposed to be great. we could go to the zoo!

16. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    This child is growing like a weed!

Its great, really. She was kinda scrawny for a bit. I thought her little legs would never fill out. I wanted to weigh her when I went to the LLL today, but in all the excitement I forgot. I will try to swing by the doctors office tomorrow and have her nurse weigh her. The grocery stores do not like it when you try to stick your baby in the produce scales. [face_shame_on_you]

Went to LLL to get the milking machine of doom. An electric pump for work. Moo. [face_cow]

17. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Since I go back to work in ten days, it seemed like a good time to start a more structured bedtime routine. I started by transitioning Julien to her crib. That has been fairly smooth from what I can gather by listening to the horror stories of other mothers.

Now we are starting bath time and story, followed by nursing and snuggling and then into bed at seven. I was putting her to bed at nine, and was told that was too late, that I should start earlier. So...tonight is the first night.

Her sleep seems a bit fitful, I can hear her making quite a bit of sleep noise. So its not a real deep sleep. The thing is, when we wake up for her five am feeding she goes back to sleep for a few hours. If I have to get up at five for work it made sense to tweak her sleeping time by a few hours so she adjusts to my schedule a bit more. Sounds easy enough. I will tell you all how it turns out.

We are going to the zoo tomorrow, so wish for great weather for babys first zoo trip. :D

18. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    good luck!

19. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    The ZOO?! That will be lots of fun. Just don't let the monkies get a hold of her! LOL

20. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I am happy to report the monkeys did not try to keep young miss Julien. They wanted to, but the steely look in my eye kept them at bay, lol.

She looovvvvved the penguin exhibit. I am not sure if it was the light, the water or the beasts themselves...but she was enthralled.

penguins

21. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    zoo turned out great...there was a baby alligator that looked a little hungry tho...

;)

22. Cyra_Secura

Cyra_Secura Jedi Master star 1

Jul 18, 2004
    I'm glad you had fun at the zoo. I have some Parent's choice size one and two diapers that Kinson has outgrown. Would you want them for Julien? I don't want them to go to waste so I thought you can use them. If so, let me know. I can give them to you at our meeting, if we go. :)

23. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I was utterly amazed at how many people wanted to pet the baby alligators head...stoopid. Proof positive of natural selection and the benefits of thinning the herd. :p

[face_cow]

24. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Yes, Cyra...I would take them dippers off your hands. I was amazed at how much I spend on butt huggers. I am going to still try to invest in some cloth ones once I go back to work and have some actual money, lol.

But I will still use disposables when I travel or feel lazy. :D

Poor babe has a itty bitty rash. :(

I find the A&D seems to work better on her bum than the zinc oxide stuff. Also using water instead of wipes seems to help. Its a lot more work though.

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Julien is seven weeks old today! [face_dancing]

she is chillin in her pillow watching vh1. [face_hypnotized]