main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Alliance in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Sep 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    ...what do you mean "by the end of TFA"?

[​IMG]

2. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005

I think, and this kind of lines up with what I've speculated, that the Republic is going to be very corrupt.

• They'll be responsible for Luke going into exile
    • They possibly made a deal with the empire to end the war (betrayed Luke)
    • Anti-Jedi politics all around
    I think we'll see two sides to the empire.
    1. The side that uses force users (partially sponsored by the Republic). This side will be super shady.
    2. The side we know, that really, just wants order. Because let's be honest, if it wasn't for the crackpot emperor, they kinda did provide stabilizaiton to the galaxy.
    The end of ROTJ is all fine and good, but they still had the alliance out gunned by like...a million to one. We had one thing they didn't Jedi. But the alliance realized, "hey, we can't win a war with 1 jedi"
    Luke in exile (imprisoned) for trillions of lives?
    Because let's face it, the Jedi haven't been in good standing for almost 100 years at this point.

3. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013

I think it's too early to make a judgement call from the trailer about how "beat-up" the X-Wings looked. They certainly didn't look beat up in Greenham Commons when they where shooting. Not to mention that the X-Wings had different colors, which denotes a more advanced and better ranked military than we saw in the OT.

Besides, it makes more sense in-universe that the Rebels would have taken the Alliance symbol to restore the Republic instead of the more similar looking Imperial Symbol from the former Republic.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I do believe there will be some sort of restore Galactic Senate from the systems now under the control of the New Republic. Mon Mothma will probably be head of it.

Luke has voluntarily gone into exile in order to find the children of the Force and to restore the Jedi Order in secret. The return of the Jedi is rumored on both sides, but neither the Republic nor the Empire knows it's true. One of the goals of which ever Dark Side user takes over the Empire is that they are going to be seeking out the secret hiding spot/new temple of this fledgling Jedi Order and to wipe it out before it becomes a serious threat to what remains of the Empire.

5. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Begs the question....does the Empire need the Sith to fight the Alliance?.....

.....And does the Alliance need the Jedi to defeat the Empire?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Does the Empire need Jedi to defeat the Sith?

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

What.

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Only together can they defeat the dark side for all time.

9. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    The Alliance is still "the good guys"... or at least they still value life. Not only do their starfighters have shields, but their pilots now wear life preservers.

By the way, ten bucks says that the reason Poe is wearing that life jacket is because we will see one or more of those X-wings crashing into water, likely the same body of which we see them fishtailing across.

Like Hitchcock said, "Never introduce a shotgun unless you are planning to use it..."

Bullhead CIty and JediFan215 like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

The rebels making it safe since 77.

11. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    My guess is it's just a nice little detail. Something JJ was big on with the Trek sets as well.

Anton Chekhov.

12. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Hey, maybe Hitchcock was quoting Chekov...

"Only plagiarize from the best" -William Shakespeare

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I can see the New Republic being dysfunctional and there being much political infighting. I don't think the new government will be very corrupt though. They may not have even liberated Coruscant yet at this point and had to have stuck a temporary capital on some backwater planet. I imagine though since the Empire splits off into constant civil war after the death of Palpatine, there will be more than one capital world for the Empire as well. The Imperial warlords may be fighting each other for control of Coruscant as much as the Republic wants it too.

14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    How about the Galactic Alliance? Who is the supreme leader of what the Rebel Alliance turned into? Is it Leia? Or is it a counsel? How about a new government called the Imperial Alliance?

15. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Galactic Alliance sounds like good a possibility. Imperial Alliance sounds wrong to me seeing as how they've been fighting an Imperial regime for the last 30 years. And I think a council would be good with Leia either at the head of it or at least on it.

16. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Man i just had a really long post i accidentally deleted.....but in wars, mostly the basic agenda is to unite two factions that were previously united or to maintain separation between the 2 factions. Just looking at the history of war...what are the main motivations for fighting? One faction is either trying to absorb another faction or repeal them. In the six film George made you have 4 governments/factions.

We start out with one united Galactic Republic, the Confederacy of Seperatists breaks away from the Republic. The Republic wants the Seperatists to rejoin, the Separatists seem to either want to remain separate or take over the Republic. Both sides have an agenda, Enter the Clone Wars. The Republic win, the Confederacy is reunited in the Republic, the new united government becomes the Galactic Empire. Years later the Rebel Alliance separates from the Empire, the Alliance seems to want to take over the Empire to change the policies of the galaxy, the Empire seems to want to destroy the Rebellion to keep things as they are. Enter the Civil War. The Rebellion seems to win killing the Emperor, his right hand Vader, the goverments main offense defense resource the Deathstars, but after that who takes over leadership of the new united government. If the Rebel leadership takes Palpatine's position. The government would still be the Empire unless the new leadership changed the name. Those who were loyal to the old Palpatine ruled Empire will either rebel against the new leadership or fall inline with the new government. So after the battle of Endor who seized control? Did Mon Motha and Leia take over or someone else loyal to Palpatine?

LottDodd likes this.
  17. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Frankly, i would prefer them use Galactic Alliance. It would make sense to build a new government without some of the stuff that allowed the Emperor to seize power in the first place.

18. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Elements of old regimes are often used to rebuild new governments post-war, like in Germany after the fall of the Third Reich.

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Weve seen this in Star Wars so the question is will new fans see 2 new governments?? Will X wings and Tie Fighters be in the same fleet? Who will be the dominant faction/government? Will the disney trilogy start will the Empire being the dominant force with the Alliance trying to end their reign? AGAIN?

20. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

I doubt it - no one wants to be accused of remaking the Originals in any way - either the good guys will be dominant or more or less equal to the Empire, but we can be sure that the Alliance is no longer the Rebellion, except maybe in Imperial propaganda or in derogatory references, like "you Rebel scum", etc.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The question is: Which elements? The movies don't make it clear whether the Rebellion is invoking the Republic or running away from it.

22. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I actually never liked the "Galactic Alliance" name...but since they're throwing away all the EU anyway, I guess it somehow seems fitting if they end up using it for the post-Endor Rebel government.

You mean like what we saw in the EU with the New Republic using TIE Fighters and Star Destroyers captured from the Empire? That would be way too confusing for the general audience.

23. J.J.Abrams

J.J.Abrams Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2014
    Sorry guys but there's no Alliance in the new movie.

CoolyFett likes this.
  24. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Err, what? You mean there's no "Galactic Alliance" specifically by that name, or there's no successor organization to the Rebel Alliance at all? It just splinters off and melts away?

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    One X-Wing is in a different scheme to the rest and no one knows the reasoning behind it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.