main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Angel of Alderaan-ANH AU(A/A,H/L,L/M)-COMPLETED!- 22.May 2005: Some re-written for Ep. III

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tribun, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starsailor721

starsailor721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    "No patience the young human got...you must learn it." [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That is very true. I have no patience. Your last chapter was very exciting. I liked seeing Ben survive and it should be very interesting seeing how that changes the dynamics of the story. Great Job!

2. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    ive been away fro a while

but now im back. I must say, great updates, Tribun. Im eager to see where this leads. how will luke/leia respond to Padme's revelation?

3. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Very nice twist of having Obi-wan get away. He should be quite surprised when he sees Amidala, Luke, and Leia all in the same space. I have no clue what Han's reaction will be this time. Good post!

4. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Yay.

Obi-Wan didn't die.

I suspect that Anakin won't tell Palpatine about Luke. It would be very bad if he did. Then he'd have to explain about Leia being his daughter. And, WHY he ordered Alderaan to be spared. Palpatine would want Padme dead, if he learned she was still alive. She's the one bringing him back to the Light Side.

I wonder how Obi-Wan will react when he learns that Anakin ordered Alderaan spared, and the reasons why.

Can't wait fot the next post. :)

5. Marsa

Marsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004

he ordered all bridges to be extended and all doors to be open

What a nice change!! :D

"Open the blast door! Open the blast door!" the lead trooper shouted, already seeing his promotion flying away oblivion.

LOL!!! -and that has always been one of my favorite lines!

Yay! Luke showed up in time as the perfect distraction! Obi-wan got away!!! *does happy Alec Guiness inspired dance*

UP! ~M

6. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
    Rebel_Mom>Yeah, Obi-Wan survived. Anakin/Vader caught on to Luke's identity a lot quicker this time. Did he pick up something from his wife? How's he going to keep this from his Master? Should be interesting.

Yes, Palpy is a problem for Vader. But never underestimate the Chosen one......

JalendaviLady>I just discovered this. Great fic.

More?

Thanks. More will come, as soon as my beta found the time to correct my hoorible spelling errors... :)

Starsailor721>That is very true. I have no patience. Your last chapter was very exciting. I liked seeing Ben survive and it should be very interesting seeing how that changes the dynamics of the story. Great Job!

Obi-Wan will be in for it, that's sure. Wait how things will be.

Vivid_Scripts>ive been away fro a while

but now im back. I must say, great updates, Tribun. Im eager to see where this leads. how will luke/leia respond to Padme's revelation?

Oh, it would be spoilers to say thier reaction here. But I can tell you, to prepare for a flashback from both of them, concerning her.

Solo_Fan>Very nice twist of having Obi-wan get away. He should be quite surprised when he sees Amidala, Luke, and Leia all in the same space. I have no clue what Han's reaction will be this time. Good post!

Well, Amidala is the only surprise, and surely Ben knows that she lived on Alderaan. Wait and see....

TorontoJediMaster>Yay.

Obi-Wan didn't die.

I suspect that Anakin won't tell Palpatine about Luke. It would be very bad if he did. Then he'd have to explain about Leia being his daughter. And, WHY he ordered Alderaan to be spared. Palpatine would want Padme dead, if he learned she was still alive. She's the one bringing him back to the Light Side.

I wonder how Obi-Wan will react when he learns that Anakin ordered Alderaan spared, and the reasons why.

If you read Vaders thoughts, you can see his opinion about the Emperor. He only waits for him to die. And Vader would be stupid to tell him.

And Obi-Wan. Padmè will tell him the important things, but no more.

The next chapter will be up, as soon as I get it back corrected.

7. Tribun

Jun 20, 2003
    Now that they had escaped, it is finally time to talk!

Chapter X

The blue sphere of Alderaan grew smaller behind the Falcon as it accelerated away before jumping to hyperspace without being bothered by fighters. Perhaps they were all needed on Alderaan to help ensure control until things had cooled down.

Obi-Wan was uncomfortable. The duel and his run to the Falcon had exhausted him and he still had to find his strength. Luke, his padawan learner, sat concerned beside him. Obi-Wan had accepted that thought as soon as it entered his mind. Luke would be his apprentice, now that they come out of the station alive. He felt like he had cheated destiny, but the impusle to get out alive was bigger than trying to fulfill his role in the game

He then looked to Leia. She was checking to see if the data banks in R2 were still intact. He was glad that she was unharmed. And then he turned to look at the surprise guest with them. Amidala had aged not very well, probably more because of the sorrow she had endured, but she still was beautiful for a woman of 46 years. But she had brought him into a very uncomfortable situation. Because of her honesty he surely would have to tell Luke and Leia of their relationship and their father. He tried to focus his mind. He had to "talk" to Amidala before talking to her children. He could ask her later why she was on the Death Star.

Finally safety! Amidala couldn't wait to talk to her children as soon as she could get their whole attention. For now she focused on Obi-Wan. Time had been not kind to the Jedi. His hair thin, and along with his beard, as white as snow.

Amidala, I need to talk to you. Silently please.... She heard Obi-Wan's voice in her head! After the first scare, she became calm.

What do you want Obi-Wan? She thought to him.

You can't tell your children about Anakin being Vader yet! It would devastate them. All other things yes, but I beg you, don't tell them that!

Amidala considered. Obi-Wan was right, it would only make them extremely angry, and perhaps with tendencies to turn toward the dark side. She had seen what this could do to even the most kind man, a man like Anakin, and was warned not to make that error. Ok, I will still tell them about Anakin, but I will twist the truth a little, but no lies! Because I could never lie to them! She felt his approval and remained silent.

...Death Star bridge...

Vader was still in thoughts when he entered the bridge. To his surprise, Tarkin was in a rather good mood, despite the events that happened in the last minutes on his battle station. That alone made Vader suspicious, because it meant that Tarkin had planned something, which couldn't be good. Finally the Grand Moff noticed Vader.

"Looks like Obi-Wan escaped you despite your assumption that he wouldn?t..." Tarkin enjoyed what he thought as a barb for Vader. "But that won't matter. In fact, in a few hours we will have all the data we will need to find the Rebel base!" And then I can lower you in the favor with the Emperor! Tarkin gloated in his thoughts.
    [image=http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e4star28.jpg]
    At once Vader tensed. Tarkin was intelligent, and without any qualms against the murder of innocents to achieve his goals. Exactly the sort of military leader the Emperor liked. He said nothing, waiting for Tarkin to continue.

"I had ordered a signal beacon attached to the ship. When they leave hyperspace, we can follow them. And then the Rebellion will be destroyed with a swift strike!" Tarkin left, pleased with himself, leaving Vader alone on the bridge with the on-duty crew.

...Millenium Falcon...

"Ok sister, where to? I can't wait to finish this job and get paid!" Han Solo asked Leia as soon as he had entered to room after ensuring hyperspace safety.

Leia again lost her self-control upon hearing these words from such an arrogant man "How could you think only about money?! You have seen that thing. Many could lose their lives and you only think about money?!"

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ack! You stopped there! That's evil. I want to see the reactions.

Sigh. Guess i'll have to wait.

9. Marsa

Marsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    YAY!!!!! She told him!

*tear*

Now for Leia....

UP! ~M

10. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    WOW! How is Luke going to react? What an emotional moment for Padme. It will be interesting what she says to Obi-Wan about his certain point of view.

11. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    "In truth I'm also not much better than him when I have to resort to such tactics!" -- that's really true, and I am glad that Obi-Wan realizes it.

12. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    [face_shocked]

*sighs*

Yet another cliffie...please post more soon...

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another great post! They keep just keep getting better. Great work!

14. starsailor721

starsailor721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    What a [face_devil] place to stop!!!! That was a very good post. It's interesting seeing how Amidala and Obi Wan have such different opinions regarding Vader...that could be troublesome in the future. I can't wait to see how Leia takes the news.

15. LukeAnaSkywalker

LukeAnaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2003
    Oh, wow! This is really good so far. Can't wait to read what you have in store for the future of this one. Keep up the great work. Wonder what Tarkin's up to.

16. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    ack! Hans run, its the cliff hanger!

17. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    One told, one to go. Glad to see that Leia could understand the predicament Han is in with Jabba. Agreeing with all the others: evil cliffie. [face_devil]

18. Tribun

Jun 20, 2003
    RebelMom>Ack! You stopped there! That's evil. I want to see the reactions.

Patience is the key......

Sabe126>WOW! How is Luke going to react? What an emotional moment for Padme. It will be interesting what she says to Obi-Wan about his certain point of view.

If Obi-Wan will not interfere in hers and Vader's plans will be more interesting. Trust me.

Dally>"In truth I'm also not much better than him when I have to resort to such tactics!" -- that's really true, and I am glad that Obi-Wan realizes it.

Obi-Wan isn't a fool, and I think that really went through his head in the duel. Allowing himself to be killed by Vader to make Luke hate his father. I bet it must have disturbed him, that it could backfire big time.

Jedi_Jesse_Anne>Yet another cliffie...please post more soon...

That is totally dependent on my beta....

LukeAnaSkywalker>Oh, wow! This is really good so far. Can't wait to read what you have in store for the future of this one. Keep up the great work. Wonder what Tarkin's up to.

Wellll.... maybe he want to follow the Falcon to Yavin IV, to destroy the base with the Death Star?

Solo_Fan>One told, one to go. Glad to see that Leia could understand the predicament Han is in with Jabba. Agreeing with all the others: evil cliffie.

Yeah, I thought that Han never made it clear that it was a life/death matter for him.
    And there will be many more cliffies, so be prepared! (hehehehehe! :D)

19. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    This story is really picking up steam now! And Obi-Wan lived. Like everyone else, I can't wait to see what kind of impact that has on what is to happen next. Does this mean we will never see Bespin? Or will it happen in a different way? I know, I know, you can't answer these questions, but I can't help asking them!

Evil cliffie! (But they are fun for the author, aren't they? ;) ) I can't wait to see Leia's reaction when she suddenly finds out she's got a mother and a brother, too. I imagine Luke will be really disappointed at first...but Mara will be showing up in chapter 13, you say? Maybe he won't be disappointed for too long. :D

Can't wait for more!

20. Tribun

Jun 20, 2003
    Upping while waiting for beta-read next chapter to post.

21. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
  22. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Oh my she spit it out pretty fast!!
    I'm impressed, very impressed by this story, I love it! Very nice plot :)

23. Tribun

Jun 20, 2003
    Well, here is it finally! The Skywalker family reunion!
    Read careful, because a hint, that mildens the cliffhanger is hidden in the last third of it.

Chapter XI

As soon as these words were spoken, Luke and Leia became silent. And while Leia watched Amidala much more closely now, Luke simply stared at her. "Impossible..." It was as if something deep inside of his memories welled up. "You are dead... Uncle Owen said that himself."

"I should have known!" Amidala replied angrily. "Owen despised your father, because of what he was. I bet he lied to you concerning him and about me with too."

Luke said nothing. The hidden memory that came to him was now clearly before his eyes. How he felt cold when taken out of the warm, being wrapped into a soft blanket, and the beautiful woman who held him in her arms. He remembered his own birth, even if that was technically impossible. This woman was his mother, there was no doubt. Now he knew why he trusted her at once, not even questioning her intentions. She was trustworthy. Words were not needed when they stood up, and Luke then embraced his mother in a crushing hug. "Mom...."

Tears of joy flowed from both of them. "I will never let someone take you away from me again..." she said while holding tight on him also. Finally after long minutes, they parted again. But Padmè now turned her attention towards Leia. "But the family is not complete yet. Leia, what memories do you have of your mother, your real mother I mean?"

Saying this broke down an old, self-erected barrier in Leia's mind. She was still a child. Mommy was still with her. Then, one day the cruel woman came, and took her away from mommy, insisting that she was now her new mommy. The hurt was too much for the child, so over the years she built a wall around these memories, only allowing herself to think that the cruel woman would never be her mommy. "And she told me that you are dead..." Now it was she who hugged her mother in tears, with her brother embracing them too.

Obi-Wan watched, as the children were finally reunited with their mother. Even he was emotionally touched by this moment. If only Anakin could have been there... but that was wishful thinking.

...in the Death Star...

Vader sat thinking in his chair inside his chamber, unmasked. Tarkin's plan could once again bring doom to his family, and this time he couldn't do anything, because the hunting of Rebels was Tarkin?s matter. While he had the means to prevent a mass slaughter as Tarkin wanted to do on Alderaan, he was powerless in this matter.

His brooding ended, when suddenly a bright light entered his mind. At first he was concerned; he didn?t know what it was. But then he relaxed and he felt it clearly. Amidala was finally reunited with their children. The joy and love they radiated found their way to him though the bonds of family and love, he was with them, even at that distance. A broad smile appeared on his lips and for the first time in many years, he shed tears of joy. Even if he was not with them now, he was still part of them.

There was someone out there, who loved him. And in time, the family would finally be fully reunited.

...Millenium Falcon...

After minutes of embracing, the Skywalker family finally sat at the table again. Padmè now was eager to tell them the whole story. They had deserved the truth, with only a minor twist for the time being. Then she began her story. She told them of the blockade of Naboo, and of Anakin?s life as a slave, the battle of Naboo. Then of ten years later, when they fell in love, and after the horrors of Geonosis, married. Finally the battle of Coruscant where the Clone Wars were decided. Then came the part, she had to twist just a little bit.

"...I was pregnant with you two, when one day...Anakin vanished. Days later, the Empire was declared, and only then did Obi-Wan find out, what happened. Anakin is still, until up to this day, a prisoner of the Emperor, who fears him, because Anakin is the Chosen One." And that isn't really a lie. Anakin

24. Tribun

Jun 20, 2003
    Upping.

25. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Good post. More?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.