main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Animated Character Draft (Champion = Chim)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I'm gonna go ahead and call that Incognito since it doesn't matter either way.

2. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Incognito would be my vote, anyways.

3. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I agree on the Incognito as well, though B-Ko would last a long time

4. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    TEAMS?!?! America got to teams?!

Japanese Conference Champs(4)

Vs.

American Conference Champs(4)

Losers
    (5)
    Vs.
    Losers(3)

Team battle!

[b][hl=white][color=red]
    Nono (Diebuster)
    Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
    Byakuya Kuchiki (Bleach)
    Ryuhou Tairen (S-CRY-Ed)
    Mai-Tokiha (Mai-HiMe)
    Shikamaru Nara (Naruto)
    Renji Abarai (Bleach)
    Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach)
    Kira Yamato/Freedom Gundam
    Athrun Zala/Justice Gundam

[/color][/hl]
    Vs.
    [hl=darkblue][color=crimson]
    Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)
    Megatron (Transformers)
    Aku (Samurai Jack)
    Haman Karn/Quebeley (Gundam Series)
    Kisame Hoshigaki (Naruto)
    Aion (Chrono Crusade)
    Shockwave (Transformers)
    Younger Toguro (Yu Yu Hakusho)
    Karasu (Yu Yu Hakusho)
    Rosamia / Psyco Gundam MK II [/color][/hl]
    [/b]

5. Dom_Perignon

Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 11, 2006
    I didn't expect this to go to teams. That is a lot of power sitting over there on the other side, so my arguments will be up later, if at all.

6. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    How did Itachi do all that? I'm just curious, he seems pretty damn powerful.

7. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Genjutsu. Illusions that attack the entire body and rivals Aizen's release. And Itachi can cast full "area wide" genjutsu by just pointing his finger. As soon as someone glances at that finger, which is natural considering he is doing something and it is a battle, they are trapped. He was able to put Naruto into a genjutsu that caused Naruto to run out and use rasengan on what he thought was a shadow clone of Itachi's. But all he did was run out into an open area and fall onto the ground in front of Sakura and Chiyo. So I don't think it is a stretch to claim that a prepared genius like Itachi would know that if he wanted his opponent out of the mecha...he'd just catch him in an illusion that made him think the mecha was blowing up. Opponent leaves, Mecha fall to the ground without power and damages itself, and the person, if Itach is extremely lucky, is still in the illusion when he lands. If not, then he just simply catches him in Mangekyou when their eyes meet. BOOM. Thirty days of pain in like three seconds of battle. Torture beyond comprehension. And that's only if he really wants to. A person like Kira, he wouldn't even really need to use mangekyou on. He'd be more than enough to finish him off when he's outside of the Freedom Gundam.

Like I said, a prepared Itachi is a scary scary scary thing. But, then again, prep suits Naruto characters very well.

8. Dom_Perignon

Jun 11, 2006
    Yeah, Itachi is good. I don't know if he'd go Mangekyou on someone like this, though.

EDIT:
    Okay. Some kind of argument. I'll go character by character.

Itachi: BaSSiL summed it up. His genjutsu (illusions) are top notch. The attack the senses of a person and their nervous system. Naruto knows how to break out of them, but he doesn't have the skill to do it. He could offer to teach the oppenent's how, but they'd be hard pressed to learn in the time before the match. Anyway, Itachi is also an insanely good ninja. His library of jutsu is unrivaled and his ridiculous speed and taijutsu (hand to hand combat) are also the very best. He's just beast.

Megatron: Leader and organizer. He can easily rally the troops. He's a figurehead and can be menacing. He also has big big power. Power to destroy a moon type of power. He's also a genius, having created several contraptions, like his cloning machine, to try and take out the autobots. He has several times succeeded in getting the best of his oppenents using trickery. Cloning the whole team or out fitting them with energon cubes to boost their energy would right up his alley.

Aku: Yes, he is suceptable to holy attacks, but that's about it. Unless you're just ridiculously powerful and can overwhelm him, he won't be going down. I don't understand how some of his matches have been given to the opponent just because of their 'power' when they have nothing spiritual or overwhelming that would back him into a corner. His huge mass is very hard to confine when he really lets lose. Then he can shape shift into anything. A tiny insect sneaking behind enemy lines isn't out of his realm of possibility. Or creating a transport portal (ala the time machine he used on Jack) but instead just having it teleport the members of the team wherever using his magic and whatever he has laying around the planet, as he does rule the whole thing. In this perticular match, I'd suspect he'd wanna stick back with Byakuya around. He'd avoid him and the other soul reapers like the plague, but I honetly think only Byakuya could take him out as easily as Jack could with his sword. Three major gods forged Jack's sword, so I'm not convinced anything less than a captain would completely own him.

Haman Karn/Quebely: Huge robot with funnels, and beam sabres piloted by the best. She'll be going to work, for sure. Also, I'm not sure what a gundam would be like enchanced with energon or technology from Cybertron, but I'd think the Transformers on my team could really pimp them out and make them even better, as Cybertron is practically eons ahead of the Gundam's earth.

Aion: Speedy demon lord. He's defeated armies with his power. Telekinesis, speed, teleportation, and his claws. He's also a schemer, although I don't really know how that'd come into play here if at all.

Kisame Hoshigaki: Itachi's partner in crime. He's a missing ninja of the mist. Water jutsu galore. All of the water techniques that have been shown in the show I am pretty sure he knows and can do it better than them. His water jutsu can cover a whole field and affect multiple opponents. Including his clones, he can trap people inside water prisons which are practically impenetrable from the inside. His sword, Samehada, eats chakra, cutting off people's techniques. It also is covered in razor sharp scales undearneath those bandages. He's also pretty fast, keeping up with Gai(a very fast and skilled ninja from the village hidden in the leaves) in their fight, albeit 'he' was only at 30% of his full strength.

Shockwave: This is where most of the strategy will be coming from. Shockwave's computer mind is completely impartial. He takes the quickest route to victory and will come up with all kinds of plans that no one on the opposite team could hope to match. He will have everyone outfitted with all the technology of Cybertron and the energon cubes that they could get their hands on. And he will also have everything planned and could change it in a heartbeat if he needed to. He's just a big super computer brain.

Younger Toguro: A

9. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah sounds a little lame to me, but I trust you BaSSiL.

Have to say I am amazed at going to teams though, I agree with EF's sentiments. Kinda felt it coming after some of my aces pulled bad draws. Would have been cool to switch the last two match ups I think. Have prepped Naruto and Prepped Itachi and then see Kira/Freedom and Haman/Quebeley? Those are good matches.

Anyway, I guess I will get an argument up here sometime soon. I need to go check my other drafts, other forums and email then I will get on that. Getting home at midnight stinks sometimes.

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I'll tell you straight up you'd still be going to teams.

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I need to go check my other drafts

No need.

12. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I was unaware Dom had posted anything for his team, so I will go ahead and post my thoughts as well.

Itachi: BaSSiL summed it up. His genjutsu (illusions) are top notch. The attack the senses of a person and their nervous system. Naruto knows how to break out of them, but he doesn't have the skill to do it. He could offer to teach the oppenent's how, but they'd be hard pressed to learn in the time before the match. Anyway, Itachi is also an insanely good ninja. His library of jutsu is unrivaled and his ridiculous speed and taijutsu (hand to hand combat) are also the very best. He's just beast.

Not too worried about this guy here, especially with the prep both teams get. Naruto and Shikamaru have had contact with and knowledge of him. I doubt that they would be hard pressed to do it, like I said Naruto has experience with him and Shikamaru can help make it infinitely easier for them. Add in that Shik is a genius and better tactician and planner than anyone on Dom's team x5 I think that these two can find a way around these illusions.

Megatron: Leader and organizer. He can easily rally the troops. He's a figurehead and can be menacing. He also has big big power. Power to destroy a moon type of power. He's also a genius, having created several contraptions, like his cloning machine, to try and take out the autobots. He has several times succeeded in getting the best of his oppenents using trickery. Cloning the whole team or out fitting them with energon cubes to boost their energy would right up his alley.

Your power is insignificant compared to the power of Nono...
    He can clone his guys, that is fine. More meat for the grinder is all.

Aku: Yes, he is suceptable to holy attacks, but that's about it. Unless you're just ridiculously powerful and can overwhelm him, he won't be going down. I don't understand how some of his matches have been given to the opponent just because of their 'power' when they have nothing spiritual or overwhelming that would back him into a corner. His huge mass is very hard to confine when he really lets lose. Then he can shape shift into anything. A tiny insect sneaking behind enemy lines isn't out of his realm of possibility. Or creating a transport portal (ala the time machine he used on Jack) but instead just having it teleport the members of the team wherever using his magic and whatever he has laying around the planet, as he does rule the whole thing. In this perticular match, I'd suspect he'd wanna stick back with Byakuya around. He'd avoid him and the other soul reapers like the plague, but I honetly think only Byakuya could take him out as easily as Jack could with his sword. Three major gods forged Jack's sword, so I'm not convinced anything less than a captain would completely own him.

Well I have tons of raw power and spiritual/holy power on my side so I'm again, not too worried about this guy. You shouldn't underestimate Renji and especially not Rukia like that though. I do have a bench of all stars remember. ;) I don't really see what is so special about Aku? But anyway my guys are prepped and realize he is susceptible to holy attacks so he is going to either get taken out right off the bat, or he is going to have to be on the run constantly so he isn't whupped up on. Basically a non-factor with the three superior shinigami running around this match.

Haman Karn/Quebely: Huge robot with funnels, and beam sabres piloted by the best. She'll be going to work, for sure. Also, I'm not sure what a gundam would be like enchanced with energon or technology from Cybertron, but I'd think the Transformers on my team could really pimp them out and make them even better, as Cybertron is practically eons ahead of the Gundam's earth.

With Nono, METERO Justice and METOER Freedom, again I'm not afriad of her here. I think that one of the three of these guys can certainly take her down.

Aion: Speedy demon lord. He's defeated armies with his power. Telekinesis, speed, teleportation, and his claws. He's also a schemer, although I don't really k

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    You are severely underestimating Akatsuki members, Chim.

Shika's plan for taking down just two Akatsuki members was his old Squad, the remaining members of the Squad that originally met them, and then Naruto's squad for last ditch backup. And that was just for two members of Akatsuki, let alone everyone else on Dom's team.

And you can say Naruto and Shika will know about the genjutsu, but it is something else knowing it and being able to dispel it.

And you wanna talk clones? Cool. Itachi has shadow clones too. So? And Naruto hasn't used the "OVERWHELMING NUMBER OF SHADOW CLONES" opening move since Kimimaru SINGLE HANDEDLY wiped the floor with a good thousand of them. And Kisame has, by far, the most chakra on the field aside from when Naruto taps into Kyuubi. OH, and he has water clones. Which are just shadow clones made of water. So, I really really think you are underestimating Akatsuki.

Also, Freedom and Justice with METEOR, just as they were at the end of SEED, would just become an even larger target for the funnels.

14. Dom_Perignon

Jun 11, 2006
    You must not have seen Samurai Jack, then. Did you see what it took to take down Aku when he was just raw demonic essence? Three major gods, not lesser death gods like a grim reaper. I would argue that Vishnu, Odin, and the Dalli Lama are all > Shinigami in terms of spiritual power and they were having a hard time getting a handle on Aku with all three of them fighting him. If it was just one of them, then Aku would have overwhelmed them. And Renji and Rukia are not all that. They are good Shinigami, some of the best, but when it comes to Aku you are severely underestimating his resistance to injury. And They are not all that durable. Did you see Rukia get completely owned by Grimmjaw? A quick hand into her gut and she was out. Jack's sword is greater than all the Zanpaktou in terms of the spiritual power behind it.

And BaSSiL said it right with Itachi. Genjutsu across the field. Shikamaru might be able to dispell some, but his higher genjutsu? I highly doubt it. Naruto can't even try to, he has failed before at lower-end Genjutsu. His clones are of no consequence, either. Itachi would completely own a prepared Naruto or Shikamaru when he himself is prepared. Have you seen what he did to Orochimaru? he basically paralyzed him by just looking at him and then proceeded to swiftly chop his arm off in one panel. Itachi is a speed demon and just a monster all around. Severe disrespect for him.

Kisame vs. Naruto. Ha. Kisame would simply mow down Naruto. If he ever stepped to Kisame, he would swiftly chop his energy in half. His chakra would be gone and Naruto would be at a loss for what to do, as he relies heavily on his large chakra reserves. If he somehow couldn't tap into them to use his jutsu, he would be in a whole world of pain. And Naruto's clones will not overwhlem, when one hit will make them go poof. Naruto's taijutsu is awfully bad, and my team happens to have superb fighters and lasers will be flying every which way. A large multi-shot blast would be enough to take out the majority of clones, I would think, having naruto waste his chakra. And Gambunta would really get fried when it comes to him vs. the lasers my team slings. There is nothing in the naruto-verse like the lasers and beams my team will have. He won't know what to do when he is bombarded with high powered radiation all supplied from the energon and whatever other energy sources that are on Cybertron.

And more meat for the grinder? How about more power to match yours. He cloned Optimus Prime with all his glory and had the same exact weapons and power. Two Megatrons with that kind of fire power is no joke. Add in the energon all around they have, and I'm talking comparable to Nono. She was fine and all, but in the videos I saw I saw more flash than anything else. Yes, she is planet sized, but that just means a bigger target. And what if they somehow engineer something to go inside of her to get to the real Nono and infect her somehow? What is to say Shockwave or Megatron don't somehow make it so she can't function? Shockwave wouldn't be hard pressed to figure out how she worked, I wouldn't think, once again him being far more advancd and technical than the buster machines. Transformers are also insanely durable. They are constantly blasting one another but then getting back up.

I feel my prep is actually a bit better than yours, Chim, with my Transformers having technology that is even far more advanced than Nono's own self and then Aku having access to a future earth himself and then also with Haman Karn leading her own nation (Is it Zeon? Not sure) But you do have the edge in power, mainly with Nono chillin' over there destroying planet sized rocks. But still Megatron has access to technology that deals with black holes and things of that sort so don't count them out so early. The animation in the actual transformers show was horrid and they showed none of the destructive-ness that they are capable of, like how they showed in other mediums namely the comics. And Shikamaru > Shockwave? Please. He couldn't hope to match Megatron or Sh

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, I really think Aku is being vastly underestimated here. I mean, the only things that have stopped him have been gods. Not "gods" like shinigami or anything of that nature but actual deities. 3 of the most powerful. And the only weapons that have stopped him have been forged by those 3 deities. Sometimes I look at these defeats and I'm like: "What? That's supposed to beat him? I sure don't think that'd make a dent on Ra.

Sure, I could see Nono taking him out because he can actually use a destructive blast that could hit ALL of him, ALL at once. But no one else can and no, I don't see a Zanpakto, ANY Zanpakto, being anywhere near as powerful spiritually or otherwise as a sword forged by 3 powerful gods. And even when cut by the sword he heals mighty quickly.

Basically, I just think Aku is being baselessly underestimated. Sure, he can't fight worth a lick but most of these guys can tire out. He doesn't.

16. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    This is what I'm talking about baby, CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND!!!

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    This is interesting.

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Too much work to do today (thanks to none yesterday) I haven't even put the numbers in yet. I will say it doesn't look like the blowout expected. This is really what it's all about

19. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Maybe you would get some respect for them if you would post more than... nothing--on them? Idunno, maybe that's just me though.

So I am doubting your version of 'OM*G NONOWED' is allowed, but that's cool. It's not my fault she is unstoppably good. I'm still waiting to hear how someone would be able to defeat her, or even hurt her. Plus I have no idea what that nonsense you were spewing about infecting her or whatever was, but yeah that's cool too. As for Megatron being her equal in terms of firepower, you must be joking! Right?

Reading through your post makes me want to ask questions about the majority of things in there. I just really don't feel like it. Stuff just doesn't make sense, but there is no point in arguing for the sake of arguing or arguing semantics. I 'lol'ed' several times through out that paragraph. Like I said, you want respect? It has to be earned. Show me why I should care, don't rely on the judges

Yeah these funnel things sound great and all BaSSiL, but how well do they work if there is no Gundam or pilot around controlling them? Do they function on their own? I guess...no. That was kind of my point bringing up the METEOR units. They don't have to use them, or they both don't have to use them. Possibilities are fun! As for the Akatsuki, yeah I am probably underestimating them. I don't know what to tell you? Oh well?

You spin things your way Dom, I'll spin them mine.

20. crash_slayer

crash_slayer Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2005
    Congrats on Third place Zizz :)

Good luck in teams guys.

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    The battle started with a flurry of activity, both teams rushing to implement their respective plans before the other could get itself together. Renji, sighting Aku, attacked along with Rukia, while the monster laughed derisively at them. Shikamaru gripped the entire creature?s shadow, but Aku merely began to reel in the ninja before Renji?s Zabimaru blew into him with a burst of spirit energy. Aku yowled and blasted at Renji, who blocked with Zabimaru as Rukia now blasted the demon with a destructive spell. Aku again cried in pain, before a blast from Aion parted the fighters. A couple of swords then flew past Aion?s head and the Sinner turned to face Byakuya Kuchiki.
    Meanwhile, explosions rocked the skies as the gundams did battle. Mai moved in quickly to help even as Shockwave moved into the air as well, ridden by Itachi. Before they could get fully into the air, however, Ryuho flew past, a blast from Megatron barely slowing him down as he slammed into Itachi, taking him to the ground and breaking him in? Blocks of wood. ?No!?
    But oh yes, it was too late, for the real Itachi now rode Megatron, amped into the air by thrusters designed by Shockwave. Mai?s attention turned toward the duo and then, as if hit by some invisible attack, she fell off Kagutsuchi, unconscious.
    Shockwave returned to the site of the battle to see Byakuya and Aion continuing their battle, as Renji and Rukia assaulted Aku. Finally having enough, Aku blasted at them both. They blocked with their respective zanpakto, but the blasts disintegrated them completely. Defenseless, they were forced to use their speed as Aku turned himself into a two-headed Cyclops and attempted to smash them. ?Get the android,? Shockwave ordered as he opened fire on the two Squad 6 members.
    ?nfunstpdbottl?? Aku grumbled as he transformed into a mammoth bat and took to the skies. He hadn?t gotten far, however, before he was met by Ryuhou, who plowed into and through him. Aku turned, distracted again, and blasted at Ryuhou, who shrugged off the attack. ?Ah?? The demon grinned.
    Naruto fell to the ground, Kisame?s sword imbedded in his shoulder. Kisame began to move toward him, but found himself stuck by Shikamaru?s shadow technique. The shadows now moved upward to overwhelm him and choke him out, but Kisame ripped through the attack, calling back his sword and charging Shikamaru, who now pinned Kisame?s shadow with his shuriken. Naruto charged up and attacked with rasengan, but a bomb from Karasu cut the attack short. Kisame once again ripped himself free and nearly teleported to Shikamaru, snarling. He swiftly chopped off Shikamaru?s arm, which fell to the ground ever so slowly, as it was nothing but leaves.
    Renji dodged an attack from Toguro and was blown nearly to oblivion by Megatron for his efforts. Rukia, trapped between the two, summoned a magical entrapment spell which stopped Toguro in his tracks, at the same time barely managing to dodge Megatron?s blast. Megatron fired again, taking great pleasure in his work, as Rukia hung on for dear life. As it seemed she was defeated, Byakuya suddenly sliced Megatron in two, leaving the body only a few meters away from that of Aion. Rukia turned to thank him, but noticed that he was bleeding heavily and panting, down on one knee. She looked back again, but was too late to avoid Toguro?s finishing blast. Byakuya never had a chance.
    The Freedom, no longer so free, fell to the ground under Haman Karn?s assault, but this didn?t stop Rosamia from continuing the attack on it, uninhibited by logic or sense. Athrun, unwilling to merely let Kira die like this, shot down the psychotic Rosamia before himself being obliterated by the Quebeley, leaving Haman Karn to rule the skies in her nearly depleted mobile suit. This lasted for all of the seconds before Ryuhou moved toward her and dodged at the last moment, letting a gout of lightning from Aku finish off the Quebeley.
    ?Better do it,? Ryuhou said as he zoomed downward into Kisame, sending parts of the shark man in every direction.
    Aku followed with blast after blast, but was so

22. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Alucard > Aku

He wouldn't have failed so miserably at the end.

=D==D==D=

Awesome work Yak.

23. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah really Yak, you do amazing work. I really love how it comes down to Nono in the end, all the hate she has over come in here and she wins it in the end. Good for her.

Ironically enough I was making a large, redundant post for my entire team, everyone thank Yak for posting his judgment so that it never has to be seen. Unless of course one of the other two judges disagree, then it will come bounding in here no doubt. Though I'm not sure if it will help sway anyone but it mentions some of the stuff Yak used there. Eh, either way...

24. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh, make no mistake. The Yak hates Nono. The Yak can't wait for her to get OFF the list.

Probably Aku should be off too. He's too vague. And also, characters that haven't been shown in their anime ::prepares to be beaten by BaSSiL::

What does it mention?

25. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    heheheheh, Hidan and Kukuzu were recently shown in the Naruto anime. :p

Also, there may be a way to keep Nono on the list...to be revealed after the draft.

I'm still trying to run down the nuances of this battle with L/Near/Light like ferocity, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.