main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Arm of Vader - An Episode II Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Crazy J, Nov 27, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    No more? Aw....

Great posts thought! Keep this up!

2. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Come on! This is way too good for page 2!

3. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Excellent, man.
    This is some of the best fanfic I have read (well, considering what little fanfic I have read).

4. Rabe02

Rabe02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 1999
    Page 3? C'mon, people . . . what's the bext story on this board doing way back here?!?!

5. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    Whoops, I meant Best. And by the way, how'dyou make one of those strobe-lighted smilies?

6. Crazy J

Crazy J Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 1999
    Alright, my finals are over! Now I can write some more, here we go...

?Let me start out by introducing Jedi Knights, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker.? Queen Amidala took her seat before the Naboo Governing Council.
    ?No introduction is needed,? one of the members said, ?we owe them our lives.?
    Amidala smiled and continued, ?As you know Jedi, I have requested your presence here because I have suspicion of our biomedical cloning facilities. The people of Naboo pride themselves on technology and research to better lives, so we originally thought having the only legal genetic duplication and alteration facilities in the Republic would be a great idea. Having this technology would make Naboo a place of hope for the people of the Republic. As I am sure you have heard, the same research used in gene processes can also be used as valuable resource to help engineer new body parts for the injured, or produce genetically superior plants that will insure plentiful amounts of food for everyone. The possibilities of this technology are endless.?
    ?I am sure that this a great honor to have these facilities, and in the hands of the Naboo I am certain that no species of humanoids or aliens have been cloned. I guess that I just fail to see where your suspicion lies, your highness.? Obi-Wan gave the queen a firm look.
    Amidala had already planned her response. ?Well, Obi-Wan, at first the Governor?s Council and I thought the Republic would trust us, even though the biomedical cloning facility runs under their laws, and not ours. Much to our surprise, we were not even able to appoint the researchers to work there, and any time we wish to test something, we must go through the Republic first. While the technology still serves for a good cause, it is difficult to see why we were granted with such a facility, if we are hardly allowed to use it.?
    Queen Amidala took a deep breath and continued. ?I visited the facility myself, when it was first completed, and I was pleased to see that the researchers the Republic had chosen all seemed very intelligent and motivated. I could not shake the feeling, though, that something was wrong. Chancellor Palpatine even sent in a few Republic guards to monitor the facility, and make sure no laws were being broken.?
    Amidala looked over at Anakin; he was taking all of this in, nodding his head for her to continue.
    ?While I am sure that the Republic guards will uphold the law, they are not Jedi, and they do not have the ability to read thoughts and motives. I think that is why Chancellor Palpatine sent the you and Obi-Wan here to investigate, as a show of good faith.?
    Anakin now took his turn to speak, ?I am surprised that the Republic got their guards dispatched for anything.?
    Everyone laughed at the Jedi?s sarcastic remark.
    Anakin continued, with a more serious tone now, ?Why did you even want the facilities if you knew they would be of no use to your researchers??
    ?Well, as I said before, I just assumed that we would be able to choose the researchers to work there, and besides that, I don?t mind the Republic using it, as long as they continue to help others with the facility?s cloning abilities. I assume that is part of the reason you are here, Anakin, to have a new biological arm made from your own blood.? Amidala raised her eyebrows when she finished.
    ?Actually, I just came to see you.? Anakin gave a confident grin.
    Everyone on the council was silent, not knowing what to think. Obi-Wan buried his face into his hands to keep from laughing aloud, it was humorous to the Jedi knight because it sounded like something he would say. Anakin just kept his grin fixed on the queen, she remained silent, but he was sure that under all that make-up that she was blushing.
    Obi-Wan gathered himself, and ended the awkward period of silence. ?Well, we all look like we could use some rest. Anakin and I will inspect the biomedical facility tomorrow.?
    With that, the council arose from their seats and began to exit the room. On the way out, Obi-Wan stopped his Padawan. ?I think you were a big hit with th

7. Kenobi Maul

Oct 23, 1999
    This is great, and I'm the first to read this new section!
    Keep writing!

[This message has been edited by Kenobi Maul (edited 12-12-1999).]

8. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    *gasp*
    another POST! JOY!
    aww, now I'm going to be wondering what happens next the whol time I'm decorating the tree . . .

9. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    *gasp*
    another POST! JOY!
    aww, now I'm going to be wondering what happens next the whol time I'm decorating the tree . . .

10. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    whoohoo!!!

11. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    ?This was hard enough to do with two hands!? Anakin threw his partially completed lightsaber on the ground. It was very late in the night, but the young Jedi could not sleep. His mind was racing with so many thoughts. In the past few days, he had run the gamut of emotions. Even though Anakin was frustrated with his lightsaber, he still smiled to think of Amidala. His feelings were a far cry from the pain and embarrassment he had faced earlier in the day. Somehow, just seeing the queen filled him with hope and excitement for the future. His excitement went beyond the fact that he would soon have another arm cloned. Every other moment, Anakin?s mind would drift back to his beautiful friend, Padme. He could not wait until tomorrow, to be able to see her again, and gaze upon her angelic face.
    ?There?s no way I am going to get any sleep tonight.? Anakin said to himself. He looked at his scrapped lightsaber lying on the floor, picked it up, placed it on the table, and shook his head. ?Hopefully Obi-Wan will help me finish this,? he thought. ?I need to get some air.? With that thought, Anakin walked out the door of his temporary quarters.

A soft mist sprayed on Anakin?s face. He could hear the sound of the water hitting the ground hundreds of feet below. ?This is nice,? he said, as he sat down on the small alcove, just behind one of Theed City?s magnificent waterfalls. The young Jedi took a deep breath, and laid his head back against the protective railing. Just feeling the cold Naboo air helped his thoughts clear. A smile crossed Anakin?s face when he thought of how lucky he was to be here, with everyone he truly cared for in the galaxy.
    ?What are you doing here?? inquired an approaching voice.
    ?Couldn?t sleep.? Anakin did not even move his head or open his eyes to see who was coming.
    ?Are you not even going to say hello?? The young Jedi immediately recognized the voice this time, and quickly stood up, ?Padme, I mean, your highness.?
    The queen had taken off all of her make-up, and was now even more beautiful than before.
    Anakin just stared at her for a few moments, before she spoke again. ?You don?t have to stand up, I was coming out here to sit anyway. And please, call me Padme, we?re friends, not strangers.?
    ?Okay,? Anakin said, returning to his original position. Padme sat down next to the Jedi, leaning against his remaining shoulder. ?The beauty of this planet never ceases to amaze me. I always dreamed of coming to a place like this when I was a slave back on Tatooine.? Anakin looked up at the stars, amazed that he could ever end up sitting next to a queen, telling her his thoughts.
    ?I am lucky to have been born on such a lovely planet. I hardly ever get the chance to enjoy it, though.? Padme gazed at her friend. He was still looking skyward in wonder.
    ?It?s the same way for me. Obi-Wan and I hardly ever get time off, this is my first break in forever.? Anakin looked back down at his friend.
    ?I thought that you were here on a mission.? She gave a sly smile, trying to get a compliment out of the young Jedi.
    ?Yeah, well, I?m enjoying this, this isn?t work to me. I mean, I get to be on one of the most beautiful planets in the galaxy along with the people I care most about. This is definitely a vacation.?
    Padme inched closer to her friend, and brought her head to rest on his shoulder. ?How come you never came to see me until now? Do you still care for me??
    ?Of course I do, I?m just pitiful about keeping in contact with people. I thought that you would have long forgotten about me anyway.? Anakin looked into Padme?s eyes for any kind of response.
    ?I could never forget you. I will always be grateful for what you did for my people, but most of all, I will always be grateful to have you as a friend.? She glanced up, to see Anakin returning her stare. For a few moments, they just gazed at each other in silence. Anakin knew that there was no other place he would rather be more, than right here, right next to her. Even though he had been around the galaxy a half-a-billio

12. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    Just wanted to say that of any of you a fans of the band, LIVE, then you will notice I used a modified version of their lyrics to describe some of Anakin's feelings toward Padme. Just had to give them their due credit, LIVE is an amazing band!!!

13. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    I meant to say 'if any of you are fans of the band LIVE'

14. Kenobi Maul

Oct 23, 1999
    This rocks! Keep it up!

15. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    Tomorrow, I'll be heading out of town for a little over a week, so no new posts for a while. I promise one, though, before Y2K kills us all. Please keep your comments coming, I really enjoy reading them, and it makes me want to write more. I hope that all of you have a very Merry Christmas!

?Lord Sidious, I am afraid that one of our test subjects escaped tonight.? The voice of the hologram quivered with this announcement.
    The dark lord just paced the floor for a few moments before giving a response. ?Was he seen by anyone??
    The holographic image continued to shake with fear as he gave his answer, ?I?m afraid that he attacked two people, and he was killed by a Jedi in the process.?
    ?Who was it?? The Sith?s voice resonated with anger.
    ?Cavington, my lord, it was Fol Cavington.?
    ?He was one of my most trusted guards. You will have to kill him now, someone on Naboo will recognize him, and we cannot take that chance. If he is seen alive, suspicions will no doubt arise.? Sidious glared at the hologram.
    ?It will be done my lord. Cavington was a great example of what your army shall be; he attacked with his fear and aggression. We will soon see if the Jedi can handle entire army of men like him.? The man in the holograph was trying to appeal to Sidious? dark nature.
    The Sith, however, was still angry with his minion. ?Only if something like this does not occur again will we be able to see my army in action. The Jedi are coming to inspect your facility tomorrow, and I expect you to be prepared.?
    ?Of course I will be, my lord.?
    Sidious continued with his instructions. ?You must keep your mind free of any suspicious thoughts. The Jedi will not be as easily fooled as the citizens of Naboo.?
    ?You can trust me, I will not fail you this time.? The holographic imaged shuttered and disappeared.
    Darth Sidious could not hold back the menacing smile that crossed his face. It gave him a sense of satisfaction, not only that his empire would soon rise, but that he was building his army right under the nose of the Republic.

Bail Organna had always been a leader; a man who would stand up for what he believed was right. He was very popular in the Galactic Senate, and he had very nearly been elected Supreme Chancellor ten years prior. Lately, though, he had been torn on the issue of Tatooine. While he wanted slavery to end on the planet, he did not like the fact that Chancellor Palpatine proposed the Republic troops be at his disposal, without the prior approval of the senate. Even though this would have brought a quick and easy solution to the conflict on Tatooine, no one man in the galaxy should have all that power. Many senators looked to Organna for an answer on this issue, but they only found a man bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say.
    Senator Organna had been silent for long enough, though, it was time to rid the senate of bureaucratic hold-ups. ?Something must be done to prevent these conflicts in the Republic. This all started with Naboo ten years ago, and continues now with Tatooine. Our enemies know that the Republic is growing weak, and they will continue to take advantage of us, until we are no more.? Applause broke out throughout the senate as Organna?s pod approached the center of the room.
    ?I agree, Senator Organna, but the only solution to this problem would be for one person to be entrusted with the control of the entire Republic military.? Chancellor Palpatine said, as he took his seat in the center of the Galactic Senate.
    ?I propose a vanguard, Chancellor. If we had a group of elected officials to make military decisions, then everyone would have a fair voice in the matter.? Senator Organna looked around the senate for support on his proposal.
    Palpatine gave a stern look to the senator from Alderaan. He did not like him at all. Organna was the only real threat to his power, and they greatly differed in their opinions of how the Republic should be run. ?Senator, if we elected a vanguard, we could end up right back where we are now, mired in endless debate. Be

16. Kenobi Maul

Oct 23, 1999
    That was cool. Do you really mean wer're gonna have to wait a week for the next part? Well, I guess I'm used to that thanks to Requiem for a Padawan (to Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, if you're reading this: hint).

17. Rabe02

Nov 13, 1999
    page 4? No no no no, this is wrong people this is wrooooong!

18. The Obi-Wan and Only

The Obi-Wan and Only Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    oooh, I love this.

19. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    I hope that everyone had a great Christmas! Here's my pre-Y2K update:

?Whoa! This place is huge!? Anakin was amazed at the size of the biomedical cloning facility. ?Why do they need all this room??
    ?I?m guessing for research my young Padawan.? Obi-Wan, too, was marveled by the sight of the facility. ?The Republic also seems to specialize in building grandolesque structures, when all they really need is a small facility.?
    ?You?ve been a Jedi too long.? Anakin laughed at his master.
    ?No, I just know that I would be perfectly happy to live the rest of my life in a small home like yours on Tatooine.? Obi-Wan continued toward the entrance of the mysterious facility.
    ?Welcome, Jedi Kenobi and Skywalker,? said the researcher awaiting them at the entrance. ?Come right in, I will serve as your oncologist and tour guide.?
    The Jedi remained silent as they followed their guide through the maze of hallways in the research center. "If you will step right in this room, we can take your blood, and begin the cloning of a new arm, Skywalker.? The researcher stopped and pointed to a door.
    ?Okay, that sounds simple enough.? Anakin and his master stepped into the room.
    ?Just stay here, I?ll be right back with you.? The researcher departed down one of the many corridors.
    Anakin sat down, and began to tap his fingers alongside his chair. Obi-Wan remained standing, however, deep in thought. Finally, Kenobi broke the silence, ?I am interested to find out if Cavington was, in fact, stationed here.?
    ?Yeah, me too, but my mind is on other matters right now.? The young Jedi continued to nervously tap his seat.
    ?Don?t worry, Anakin, I?m sure that all will go well, and you will get a new arm. I?ve heard that it is a relatively painless process.? Obi-Wan gave his Padawan a comforting word.
    ?Alright,? the researcher reemerged in the room, ?let me see your arm.? He was holding a device to test Anakin?s blood. The young Jedi had not had his blood tested since Qui-Gon had done so over ten years ago.
    The device soon made a beeping noise, and the researcher pulled it away from Anakin?s arm, and took it over to a machine attached to the wall. He inserted the device containing the Jedi?s blood into this machine, and turned back to talk to the men. ?That should do it. The lab is receiving your blood as we speak, and they should begin to harvest your new arm shortly. This process takes a while, so you will have to come back tomorrow for attachment of the limb.?
    Anakin nodded his head, but remained silent.
    ?I guess it?s time for your tour.? The researcher motioned for the Jedi to follow.
    After what seemed like hours of listening to their guide go on and on about the facility and the outstanding research going on there, the Jedi finally had their chance to ask questions.
    ?How long have the Republic guards been stationed here?? Obi-Wan did not want to dance around his suspicions any longer.
    ?Oh, for a few months I guess. They kind of get in the way, but I can understand why the queen wants to keep them around. The Republic has not given her much say in the facility, and she just wants to insure her planet is not taken advantage of,? the researcher calmly responded.
    ?Do you know if a soldier by the name of Fol Cavington was stationed here?? Anakin, too, was ready to get some answers; he was tired of just being led on a pointless tour. They were here to investigate, not learn about how rare plants were cultivated and enhanced.
    ?I?m not sure. You will have to check with one of the guards to find that out.? The researcher?s speech and demeanor now became more suspect and nervous. Obi-Wan and Anakin both glanced at each other, recognizing the change.
    ?Well, I?m afraid that my Padawan and I must get going. We have many other duties to attend to.? Obi-Wan put his arm on Anakin?s back, and began to usher him toward the exit of the facility.
    ?Okay, it was good to meet both of you, and I will see you back here tomorrow, Skywalker.? The researcher gave them a smile and walked off in the opposite direction.

The two Jedi had almos

20. Kenobi Maul

Oct 23, 1999
    This is absolutely awesome! But where's the rest?

21. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    Sorry about kind of stopping in the middle of that last scene, I just couldn't think of any conversation to put with the dinner. As you will notice with this post, I kind of skipped over the whole banquet scene entirely, in order to pursue more exciting plot lines. Hope you all enjoy.

?I must enter this building at once.? Obi-Wan waved his hand in front of the Republic guard?s face.
    ?He must enter this building at once,? the guard repeated as he punched a code into the keypad.
    The door to the structure slid open, and the Jedi knight walked in, still covered by his hooded robe. Once inside, Obi-Wan kept a quick pace, to avoid the few guards that still remained at this hour. He passed a few people that were busy working at stations doing some kind of research, he thought. Obi-Wan used the force to keep himself hidden as he walked right through the middle of the facility.
    He felt strange without Anakin at his side, but this was a mission better suited for just one. Obi-Wan was here to investigate his suspicions; and there was nothing that his Padawan could help him with.
    Once he was clear of all the bustling guards and researchers, the Jedi knight stopped to clear his mind, and concentrate all his feelings in order to find the source of his suspicion. Obi-Wan took a deep breath, and felt the energy of the force flow throughout him. Before long, he sensed the dark energy he sought out, and he seemed to move toward it effortlessly, without fear.
    The Jedi swiftly moved along the seemingly endless corridors of the facility. Obi-Wan passed door after door, and hallway after hallway, before something finally caught his attention. Tucked away in a dark corner, stood a lone door, just like the many he had previously passed. This, however, was not just a normal entrance to a laboratory; it was the gateway to all of the sinister emotions that Obi-Wan could feel moving about the facility.
    Kenobi gave the door a push, just to see if it was not secure, but, as he expected, it did not budge. The Jedi knight took a step back, and extended his arm forward, letting the force flow from his mind, down his through fingers. Hearing only a quiet snapping sound, Obi-Wan lowered his arm and again approached the door to push it open. This time, the door obliged itself to the opening motion put forth by the Jedi?s hand.
    Obi-Wan took a step out on to the catwalk that was just inside the doorway. All of his immediate surroundings were dark, but hundreds of feet below him he could see the dim flicker of light. His boots made a clanking sound on the metal of the catwalk as he approached the railing of the platform to listen for any suspicious sounds. Without even using the force to aid him, Obi-Wan could hear what sounded like thousands of feet marching in unison.
    The Jedi quickly wrapped his hands around the railing, and propelled himself off the platform he was standing on, to another one nearly a hundred feet below. Landing softly and quietly each time, he continued this bounding process until he was close enough to get a view of the activities far below.
    Obi-Wan stood in silence as his eyes absorbed the shock of what was in front of them. Literally thousands and thousands of men, all dressed alike, stood on the ground below, listening to orders from a figure at the front of the crowd.
    ?The rise of the Empire is at hand. It is up to you to make it work. Everything depends on your ability to keep our dissenters at bay.? The voice echoed throughout the massive chamber containing the newly created soldiers.
    Obi-Wan recognized the voice; it was the same man who had been with he and Anakin earlier in the morning. His suspicions had been proven correct, but the problem was far worse than he could even imagine.
    Even though he was a Jedi knight, Obi-Wan knew very well that he could not take on an entire army. With that thought, the Jedi leapt high in the air, quickly exiting the hidden room. He found the nearest exit of the facility, and headed for the palace as fast as he could. He knew that he must find Anakin and Captai

22. JediPadme

JediPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 1999
    I just came across this fanfic, and its really good! Eagerly awaiting the next post!

23. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    ?Good night, mom.? Anakin draped his arms around his mother. ?I?ll come get you before Obi-Wan and I leave in the morning.?
    ?Okay honey. Rest well.? Shmi grinned as she was escorted out of the room by some of the queen?s handmaidens.
    Anakin immediately leaned back against the wall and fixed his gaze upon the queen. He flashed a huge smile as he watched her exchange pleasantries with departing dignitaries. The Jedi moved toward her when he saw that Jar Jar was about to leave.
    ?It was good to see you again,? Anakin said as he slapped the clumsy Gungan on the back. The queen craned her neck to see her friend behind the tall Gungan.
    ?Yousa too,? replied Jar Jar. ?Meesa hopin? dat everyting go okee-day for yousa tomorrow.?
    ?I?m a little nervous, but everything should be just fine.?
    Jar Jar embraced his friend again, then turned, and with a slight stumble exited the room.
    ?That?s the most I?ve eaten in forever.? Anakin rubbed his stomach as he approached the queen.
    ?Well, I?m glad that you enjoyed yourself.? Amidala, too, began to walk toward her friend.
    Almost instinctively, Anakin put his arm around the queen as he continued to talk. ?I wonder how many people commented on how much I?ve grown.?
    ?Probably not as many as wished you luck tomorrow.?
    ?You?ve got me there,? Anakin laughed. ?I haven?t really talked to Obi-Wan about our departure, but I have a feeling that tomorrow could be our last day here. I think the Jedi Council expects a report about the biomedical cloning facility soon.?
    ?Why do you have to go so soon?? Amidala had a whiny, yet hopeful tone in her voice.
    ?You know as well as I do that our first duty is to others, not ourselves. The Jedi Council needs to hear from us anyway, and I?m sure that someone else in the galaxy needs saving.? Anakin was clearly not happy about this either. ?I just wish that I could have a break like this more often. I wonder if I?m any better off serving the Council than Watto.?
    ?Don?t say that. Just be glad for the time you have right now.? Amidala smiled at her friend, but her stare soon turned away from him when she heard the sounds of footsteps rapidly approaching them.
    ?Anakin,? Obi-Wan said between heavy breaths, ?where is Panaka??
    ?Right back there. What?s wrong?? Anakin removed his arm from the queen?s shoulders and began to follow his master.
    Obi-Wan did not answer him as he sped to the corner where Panaka was standing. ?Panaka. Get some of your men we?ve got to go right now.?
    ?What?? The captain was confused by this request.
    ?I?ll explain on the way. We have to go to the biomed facility right away.? Obi-Wan turned and began to depart the room with Panaka right behind him. ?Let?s go.? The Jedi knight motioned to his still dumbfounded Padawan.

A deep, howling noise began to pierce through the silent air of the outskirts of Theed City. The breeze immediately became stronger, whipping around the transports carrying the Jedi and palace guards.
    ?Where is that thing going?? Obi-Wan said as he looked up to see a large vessel passing overhead.
    ?To the biomed facility I assume.? Panaka glanced back at the Jedi.
    ?We have to stop it at once.? Obi-Wan looked skyward again, only to see the ship escaping out of sight.
    ?Why? That?s just one of the vessels that delivers supplies to the facility. It has Republic clearance.? Panaka could sense the tension in the Jedi?s tone.
    Kenobi dropped his head and shook it in disgust. ?How long has this been going on??
    ?For quite a while. Just about since the facility was completed,? one of the guards answered.
    ?Great, just great. Speed up. We have to catch that ship.?
    Anakin gave a confused look to his master, ?What?s wrong? Why are you so panicked??
    ?Earlier tonight, when I went back to the facility, I stumbled upon a hidden enemy. It was an army, an army of clones.? Obi-Wan stared sternly ahead at the dark horizon.
    ?What?? Anakin was shocked.
    ?I overheard one of the researchers addressing the army. They were made to help raise a new empire.? The Jedi was still distraught by this ominous statement

24. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    I'm an idiot. Sorry about posting some of the last part of my previous post again. I hope you enjoy the new stuff.

25. Kenobi Maul

Oct 23, 1999
    This is great! Keep posting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.