main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC The Book Club

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    ** Similar to Life of a Gamer this thread is to discuss your impression of a book you have recently read. To me the best thing about literature is how every person can have their own take on it. Only the author truly knows the meaning and purpose of the work. Please note: Everything presented below will be subjective... so keep in mind there is no "right or wrong" on this thread. **

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    What if there's like only pics of chicks in the books? What should me talk about?

3. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I have just reread Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I had forgotten how much was different than the movie. Some places in the book seemed to drag when compared to the movie... but overall more of the wizarding world is revealed in the book.

I like how the supporting cast is more robust and defined in the book. Neville, Dean, and Seamus are more than just bystanders looking in. I also feel as though the potions trial in the book was by far the best... a logic puzzle was a very fitting addition that the movie seemed to lack.

Excellent read and I would highly recommend.

Grade: A

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

4. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.