main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book of Paths: An Uncertain Path - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Sep 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    This was such a great story, I really enjoyed reading it. I've been printing out each chapter so I could read while sitting in various waiting rooms, so much better than three year old copies of Ladies Home Journal. ;) This wasn't exactly a happy ending, but neither was it a sad one. I think hopeful is the best word I could apply and it fitted the tone of the story.

I especially like the lines, "A gentle nod as he folded the stone into his palm. He craved its familiarity." It makes me think that just as he is glad to have the stone back, he would also like to have Qui-Gon back in his life in some way.

Looking forward to the sequel. :)

2. Emma3Jane

Emma3Jane Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2000
    Hi RRK!

Just delurking to say THANK YOU !

Your characterizations are vivid and realistic, particularly their emotional responses. I like your descriptions too, they move the story along.

I am looking forward to the sequel. But am curious to see that Obi-Wan didn't realize his riverstone had been damaged. I am assuming it cleaved in two when Obi-Wan healed Qui-Gon's mortal wound. Perhaps it was even the conduit that allowed the Obi-Wan to channel the Force successfully in healing?

Thanks also for the teasers.... Now what will I read every morning with my lattes?

E3J

3. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    Sounds like you missed one of the books of temple ghosts. In it, it explains that Obi-Wan deliberately left the stone in his old room after the "betrayal,". In anger and part denial, Qui-Gon threw it against the wall and it shattered.

4. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    You know what would be a nice early Christmas gift?

A Sequel.

5. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Don't want this to sink into the depths... ;)

UP! :D

6. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Wow!!! I just read this story! I'm so glad I did! I decided to check it out when people from another thread began griping about Qui. I'm so happy for Bali and Obi! Yay!!!!!!! Great story, and I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel!!!!! :D :) ;)

7. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    (muttering) paper, pen...must find pen...ahah! (notes down, 'To Walk A Deadly Path')

"Can you cook?"
    "I?m not really sure."
    "I like the cafeteria,"
    LOL!

This isn't a fic - it's a saga in itself.

It's got something for everyone;
    emotional turmoil
    whirlwind plot
    'cliffies' (no matter how much u might hate them - they're fun)
    constantly developing characters
    food for thought...

(who's thinking about setting up an AUP gusher thread to complement the speculation thread? ;))

...humour, angst, adventure...the list goes on.
    In other words, I'm rating this as one of my fav fics EVER - if not fav :D
    (bows to u) I'll be hanging around...

and if u don't post the sequel within a month - I'm personally hunting u down (toothy grin)

8. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow! Sorry it's taken me (once again!) so long to respond, rrk! And the unfortunate thing is that I still have to write an Othello essay by Tuesday.... :(

Going back to the 2nd to last post....

I loved the line "Our paths have diverged". I thought that said it all about how Obi-Wan feels, and how things have changed from what they once were. I thought it was about time that Qui-Gon went after him for once and got things out in the open! It was also interesting how Qui-Gon noticed Obi pulling his robe tighter - The action did not go unnoticed.. While he's noticed it before, it seems more pointed this time because for once he's taken the time to notice what that means. "I needed you to help guide me back toward the right path. I was your padawan and I needed help." I LOVED THAT LINE!!! I was like - yes!!!! finally you told him off! It was an amazingly sad line as well.... :_| Like everyone else, I am hopeful that Qui-Gon returning the stone is good news, however at this point it seems that they've more agreed to let it all go, particularly when Qui-Gon asked Obi-Wan to stop "one last time" or something to that effect.

In the last post I loved the cooking line - lol!! :D :D I am certainly looking forward to what is in store for Obi-Wan and Bali - that teaser was a killer! And I thought I was going to have trouble waiting for Ep 2..... :eek:

9. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Just thought I would let everyone know that I posted a question thread. I am looking for ideas for the Book Two title.

I'm stuck and I hate the title: To Walk a Deadly Path.

Please post any ideas here Title.

Thanks.

10. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
  11. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    OK, OK. So I couldn't wait. I just had to come over here to find this. Couldn't wait on ff.n for your denouement.

Marvelous, lovely story - a real tearjerker.

Can't wait for the next installments.

And it's nice to discover that I was already familiar with your work. I loved "Unravelled".

Keep up the good work.

12. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    like cynical i had to find the complete story
    couldn't wait on ff.n WONDERFUL, GREAT i could go on and on. can't wait for the sequel.

13. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    This story rocks.

14. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
  15. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Just for those looking forward to the sequel it will begin on February 1.

I have posted a series of quick clips from the story at this link (it is the last post on the page.)
    :D
    AUP2: The Long, Twilight Path new teaser

16. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :eek: Febuary 1st?!?!?!?!?! :D :D :D YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

Okay, I'm calm now... ;)

I'm really looking forward to it! :D Ah, Febuary 1st seems so far away... :p

17. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    February 1st?! Yippee!!!! It's almost here!!!!!! Wait... I can't wait 11 days! Noooooo!

I CAN'T WAIT! :D

18. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    *Counts on fingers* Only four days left! OMG!!! I can't wait! :D

KG :cool:

19. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
  20. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    just finished the whole thing. Excellant! Now I get to move onto the other story!

Kit

21. Calen2kk

Calen2kk Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Heh...you go Ani...:)

22. tolwin

tolwin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    This story doesn't deserve to stay in the depths, so i'm gonna up it. :D

23. HotHoney22

HotHoney22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2001
    Wait, so you mean to tell me that they didn't patch things up? AND we have to wait for more? What are you workin for Satan? 'Cause I know the guy and these seems like his handywork.

24. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    This is such an astonishing piece.

I've read it twice now in less than 12 hours and cannot think of anything else.

The pain, loss and alienation that burn from these cyberpages are incredibly realistic and deeply felt.

You can't help but love the characters and feel for them and understand how much the depth of feeling between them roars with such loudness that they lose contact with each other.

And they're JEDI. They're supposed to be above and beyond these things.

But they are also mortal and you feel it with every ache of Obi-Wan's body, Qui-Gon's every painful realization, Bant's deep-hearted overtures, Anakin's insecurities and Bali's fearful hopes.

A masterwork.

25. Padawn_JB

Padawn_JB Jedi Master star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    Going to see how this goes. I saw your 'trailer' on a thread and decided to read this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.