main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 122: Hostage Crisis -SEASON FINALE- Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I want to know the answer to one question.

"Where ares Aurra Sing's lightsabers?"

I'm a big fan of hers in the comics. If they don't give her a lightsaber in Season 2, I'm gonna be pissed.

2. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I loved this episode! Auura Sing definately sold the show for me, but thats just because i love her. When she shot that soldier on the floor, i guess he thought he could get some compassion from the female of the posse, i loved how she smirked and just shot him. I mean, of course I was like "wow shes definately evil", but it just goes to show that shes very cold and dangerous and probably just as or even more ruthless than her male counterparts.

Cad bane was definately a cool character!! I loved his persona, attitude, voice, and the fact that hes a duros, a species in SW that is supposed to be so widespread throughout the galaxy but we see very little main characters who are duros(other than Gar Stazi in the legacy comics).

I think that by giving aurra one line and keeping her in the background as what filoni says "a deadly weapon", we'll definately see more of her and her force abilities/lightsaber collection in season 2. I dont think they wanted to take away from Cad Bane's introduction as a brand new character! Her force abilities is apart of her character and storyline, they cant leave that out! With aurra in the mix now i hope they mention or add the dark woman!!

Now we just need official species names for that fish guy and dr vindi! We got names for the lurmen and plutonians, why not these two?

3. BandofClones

BandofClones Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2009
    I'm sure I saw it, but it must not have done anything for me! :p

4. Sonic2nd

Sonic2nd Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2009

I was so happy to see Ziro again. I've been waiting for him to appear all season. I have a question about
    Sing though. Is she a enemy of Aayla in the Dark Horse comics? I remember seeing a panel of the two fighting some time ago.

5. Subach

Subach Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2008
    You know, it's funny, the clone trooper said exactly what I was thinking when Ziro started *****ing about the freaking LIGHT.
    Heck, if I was that IG-88 and Ziro called me, a ridiculously efficient MACHINE OF DEATH that had just help SLAUGHTERED every Senate Guard in a whole wing of the senate, a "STUPID MA-CHEENE" I would have vaporized what little joke he called his mind if he wasn't paying well for his rescue.
    Freakin' maggot slimeball should be...well, what he should be is something that isn't powerfully enough expressed by "grateful". When he was whining to Cad Bane, I was so hoping that he got both eyes shot out, or if that's too much for TV, a quick death, because as Han Solo once said, "No reward is worth this".
    Seriously, why go to all this trouble to save a whiny, absolutely useless Hutt when there are a bunch of CIS POWs actually worth saving?

Given how dumb and narcistic Ziro is, I bet he'll do something (like trying to get out of paying Cad every dollar he deserves for getting his fat, useless butt out of prison.) that will provoke Bane to stuff a thermal detonator down his throat, or something similarly satisfying.

I'm sorry for all the Ziro fans offended by this post, but this bit really brought the episode down for me.

6. Pat Darksider

Pat Darksider Jedi Master star 4

Jun 11, 2000
    I really like Ziro, but I couldn´t stand him in this episode.
    I´m not a big fan of Cad Bane either...the SW universe is full of so much creative potential and the only new main villain they can thin about is an alien western bounty hunter who is styled like clint eastwood or franko nero. That´s cheap for a new recurrent character.

7. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    You make a great point about him not taking back the saber, but bring up another frustrating one as well. The only out I can imagine is that he planned to construct a new saber and was willing to part with his old one as a symbol of his affections.

Am I missing something? Why was the clone's reaction to Ziro being blinded by the light so funny?

8. brainwash

brainwash Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2009
    It must be the spontaneity of it, and being such a little thing in the background. I got the impression from that one little line that Ziro had been giving the clones in prison a rough time as a pain-in-the-ass tenant/prisoner.

Another little touch I liked was Senator Chu-chi tending to Anakin while he was unconscious. I'm glad they didn't make her seem as apathetic as everyone else, since she knew him from before.

9. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Ah yes, I knew I recognized her.
    I just watched it. Awesome.
    Loved the whole Die Hard/Eastwood-Van Cleef thing that was going on.
    The neck snapping, shooting in the back and killing a wounded man - I am surprised that was shown in the States!!! Especially on a show watched by kids. How did they get away with that?

This may have been mentioned before, but did anyone else notice the pardon card was an iPod Nano??

Also, Cad Bane hadn't actually escaped Coruscant at the end. Will season two's first episode carry on from there?

10. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Yeah, and Anakin's communicator looked like my cellphone.:p

11. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Did we ever get an answer as to why they wanted to bring back Ziro and not someone like Loathsom, Wat Tambor, etc?

12. RoderulijKumar

RoderulijKumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2008
    We gotta save Wat Tambor's rescue for Grievousssss. Ha ha, not.

13. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, my theory of why they'd save Ziro is because of the assets he could possibly bring into the war. The other prisoners are all known Separatist affiliates with their own factions and forces, so their value is known but fixed.

Ziro, on the other hand, is a Hutt, and even if his resources were confiscated, he probably has several safe houses, stashes or whatever hidden in the outer rim that he could call on to help the Separatist war effort now that they've freed/recaptured him. He probably knows at least a minimal amount of bounty hunters, arms dealers, spies, and information sources that he doesn't let anyone know about.
    My guess is that they wanted to make use of his more illegal funds and connections to bring more 'neutrals' into the Confederacy and ensure that there are fewer 'unknown factors' and more solid assets.

So while they already know that freeing Tambor or Loathsom gives them good commanders in charge of their forces, they know they (probably) aren't going to sell them out. Ziro, on the other hand, could swing to either side (though he'd probably just rot in prison), so they could have wanted to get their hands on this possible asset as quickly as possible.

This may seem odd considering how weird the character is, but he's a Hutt nonetheless, and I like 'im, so I'll stick by my theory. XD

14. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the episode doesn't necessarily say that the Separatists have anything to do with the kidnapping.

15. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I second that. From what we saw in the episode, this was an independent operation. I think that either Ziro already had this contingency plan in case he was arrested, or he somehow managed to contact the underworld from prison, or one or his majordomos organized the whole thing. There's no evidence the Separatists were directly involved, even the Commando Droids present didn't quite look like "line units". Of course, that doesn't mean Palpatine's fingers are always behind the whole thing. I mean, pretty convenient that the targeted group of senators were his political resistance.

16. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Yes, it did seem suspicious...and Wookieepedia(I know, probably not the most reliable source for future information) says that he does work for Dooku later, so maybe the Seps were behind this, don't know.

17. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Well, in the Season 2 preview, right in the beginning it shows Bane with battle droids and super battle droids, so I am guessing Dooku does hire him, since Jango Fett is dead, Bane seems to be the next big Bounty Hunter.

18. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Why not use Ventress?

maybe she's busy elsewhere.

19. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    It might be dangerous to introduce a Dark Side presence at the home of the Jedi. She would be a blip on their Jedi radar, whereas Cad Bane can sneak in without giving away anything. Also, we know that Dooku is trying to keep Ventress training away from Palpatine's prying eyes.

And again, who says this is a Separatist plot?

20. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah, sorry, my bad. I keep forgetting that as a bounty hunter there are probably lots of other parties that would like to hire Cad.
    Maybe loyal agents, other Hutts, crime lords looking to add to their power or get Ziro to owe them a solid, Jabba wanting to punish him personally, or some such stuff. I still think it's a Separatist plot, though. XD

21. Jedi-teen

Jedi-teen Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2006
    Did anyone notice that Coruscant looked like the movies? It's too bad it was such a crappy story. I was digging on the sic bounty hunter stuff, but Anakin was like a regular dude, not a Jedi Knight. Someone said this episode was from season two. Is that true?

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It was produced for Season 2, yes. The first Cad Bane episode, Cargo of Doom, was pushed forward into Season 2 and this one was pushed back ino Season 1 to take it's place since they wanted to make more episodes with Bane.

23. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Odd little detail: Palpatine calls Orn Free Ta "Senator Free Ta" in this episode, while in "Liberty on Ryloth" everyone just calls him "Senator Ta".

Damn Twi'Leks with their multiple-ways-to-pronounce-it species name, inconsistent surname conventions, wildly divergent numbers of lekku and fingers, and continuity-confounding planetary rotation cycle! They were just asking to be invaded.

Still, Numa was cute.

24. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    Maybe loyal agents, other Hutts, crime lords looking to add to their power or get Ziro to owe them a solid, Jabba wanting to punish him personally, or some such stuff. I still think it's a Separatist plot, though. XD

I actually think it was Jabba who was behind Ziro's escape. Considering what he did, I can easily see a powerful gangster like Jabba breaking him out only to deal with him himself.

25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    D'oh!:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.