main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 317: Ghosts of Mortis Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't think we return to dathomir very soon- maybe in season finale... well we'll see this all Mortis stuff seems to be completely independent from Savage/Ventress- storyline and it would be better to keep it that way.....

this stuff is too dangerous to be mixed up with overall plot of the series it can 'contaminate' the whole series if Mortis is new Tatooine or Coruscant or even worse.... Mandalore..... poisoned tea is now spread to Mortis:p

Anyway i hope Ghosts will close the Mortis arc once and for all and that place is never seen again- maybe as mention but it should remain unique experience what these 3 heroes went through.....

The Worst possibility is that son doesn't die but escapes to the universe and becomes new bad guy who finds and trains Maul and/or Savage:rolleyes: ..... but that won't happen[face_laugh] ..... i really really hope so[face_worried]

he should be killed in this and Father is left to die alone there- end of an era of the Ones..... now forget them and get us Clone War-action instead

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm sure the Father would have mentioned Talzin if that were the case. Then again, if this isn't some dream, and there is a way to get to Mortis, then yeah, I could see her having some connection. It would explain why the Force is unbalanced, especially if the Mother is supposed to be with them on Mortis.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    It's also possible that they had the Son and the Daughter and then figured they had already used the Mother title with Talzin, so to avoid confusion, used the Father. Which is kinda strange thinking, but then this is TCW.[face_laugh]

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Mind boggling. :p

5. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    While I wouldn't put it past the TCW team, I sincerely doubt Talsin is an anchorite. If that were the case, all of Talsin's kin would be part of the anchorite family, making Asajj Ventress a Chosen One by default. This would ruin the Chosen One prophecy and make it the Chosen Two prophecy, putting all the events in the films under question. Therefore, having Talsin be the Mother would obviously tear the fabric of the SW universe apart. :p

Man, my mind works in crazy ways. 8-}

6. jasperjones

jasperjones Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    I have a feeling it will be played out that they blacked out when the shuttle was engulfed by the white light in Overlords.

They will come back around and the episodes passed off as hallucinations...

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Agreed. Mos def the most likely explanation.

8. jasperjones

jasperjones Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    I think it's a good way to do it. The visions still work as metaphor/ symbolism, but each character ( and I feel this may even be played out through Anakin's POV anyway judging from the shots of him as they enter the monolith) would have licence to ignore the troubling visions.

Those that hate the issues raised can go with the idea these events never happened. Those that like this arc still get the extra meaning they dig.

Plausible deniability for the characters and viewers alike.

9. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    You know, I'm excited for tonight, but also a little sad. While is wasn't perfect, this trilogy got me more into the story than any other TCW arc has before. Instead of looking forward to a new episode on Friday afternoon, I was waiting for the next episode the second the credits began rolling. Every week I've been speculating what will happen next.

I really hope the rest of the series will be able to capture the excitement of theis arc and make me await each Friday evening lke this one did. It was great to not only love this show, but get truly into it.

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I almost forgot about tonight's episode.

The previous two episodes of this arc have been disappointing. Overlords was decent, Altar of Mortis was a waste of time, and now this episode deals with greater things that could effect ROTS.

Looking forward to it. [face_plain]

11. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    I think that the connection between the Ones and Mother Talzin is totally coincidental. Somewhat sloppily so, but there it is. "Mother" is just a natural title for the Matriarch of a society of "Sisters". Both were dreamed up by GL for discrete narrative purposes. I could be wrong, but I feel like Mortis and its repercussions will be contained to this one arc, and that's for the best.

I shudder to think what'll happen if the EU tries to use Mortis in some fashion-- hopefully GL will put it off limits. It doesn't seem like the EU at large picks up many threads from TCW so far, so maybe that'll hold true.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Dude, she looks nothing like her kin. If anything, she looks like one of the freaks in the Mortis arc.

13. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    She's pale, female, and has tattoos. That's prety much the embodiment of a nightsister. ;)

14. Tordelback

Tordelback Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2008
    I'll say this for the Mortis arc - the end is only a few hours away and I'm on tenterhooks. You can't buy that level of anticipation and engagement. Even an investigation into the poor quality control on imported soft drinks couldn't draw me in like this.

15. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I feel totally the same way. :D

It's almost time for me to get out of this thread... [face_worried]

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I concur. I loved the first part, but the second sort of disappointed. And if the whole thing turns out to be a dream (which I feared would be the case the moment I saw Anakin awaken on the shuttle in the first episode) it would only diminish the importance of the arc.

17. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000

I think they're going to wish it was all a dream. Here's hoping the writers don't make Ahsoka forget what happened to her and what she did last week. That would cheapen the encounter.

18. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Well then... is all I have to say. I never expected that to happen, for them to be able to show the Father do that. Kids' cartoons don't seem to allow that. AND A MOMENT! Ughh... I feel it was a disappointing end, though others will feel differently.

19. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Full thoughts later but I do like how they made Anakin forget his future BUT they made them remember their Mortis adventure. This episode was definitely better than "Altar of Mortis" though.

I CAN'T wait for next week though. Looks awesome.

20. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    In the end my favorite ep was Overlords, and I am relieved that the entire arc was actually a dream, though I wonder if it was just Anakin who remembers it (which I hope is the case).

21. ElevationNation

ElevationNation Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2011
    Well that was interesting.

22. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Padme wasn't wearing the right outfit in the vision.

23. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Qui-Gon shows up yet again. He was as mysterious as Yoda can be at times, yet I have to wonder if it was him or the Son impersonating him. And Anakin showed he was taking after Qui-Gon by getting involved in the conflict between the Father and the Son.

Anakin descending into the pit - I can see the reference to Mustafar as well as descending into Hell in that scene.

What happened to Anakin - that was too much like what happened in ROTS.

Father erasing Anakin's memories of what he had seen - I can see why that was done for continuity's sake, yet it cheapened the whole episode.

I had a feeling the Family would end up dying, yet I was surprised that the Father committed suicide.

Father warning Anakin to beware his heart before he died (at least I think that's what he said) - that warning fell on deaf ears.

Major peeve - Ahsoka had no memory of what Son did to her or what she did while under his influence. She should have remembered, so that she could come to terms with it. If she had kept those memories, then I would say that it might have been better to show this trilogy as the final three episodes of the season. It would have kept us wondering until next season as to how she would have dealt with what had transpired.

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    My first question was why Ahsoka was outsmarting Anakin in repairing or tinkering with ships. If we would have have Anakin maybe told Ahsoka to go repair the ship or something like that, it would have made a little more sense. Yeah, we saw Ahsoka do things with ships before, but this time it felt like Anakin didn't even know and Ahsoka was outsmarting him.

Also, for the writer to use the same plot line as last week was a disappointment. Son tempting Anakin, Anakin helping the son, the father taking away any knowledge of what Anakin did, Anakin passing out, the father and son this time die. It's a disappointment and a rehash of Altar.

I mean the series would have been fine without this arc. I felt that it started interested but just fell flat.

25. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Pretty good. Not quite as good as Overlords but better than Altar.