main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 319: Counterattack Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Maybe some people are worried the Jedi aren't willing to "waterboard" their enemies.

Oh yeah...that's a WAR CRIME.

:mad:

2. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    For the record, although I have done 90% b*tching and 10% praising of this episode, I really like 90% of it and dislike 10%. I don't really know why, it's just sorta happened that way.

3. KelDorMaster

KelDorMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2005
    You could just look it up, but I'll help you out :p

Droidbait was killed in Rookies by droids
    Cutup was killed in Rookies by a giant worm
    Obviously Hevy died at the end of that episode and Echo is dead now. Fives is the only one left

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Making them ARC troopers was a stupid idea after all, if Fives dies next week. I would have liked to see a little more action of Echo and Fives together as ARC troopers.

5. KelDorMaster

KelDorMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2005
    Same. They had better keep Fives alive for a while at least.

Maybe we'll see a prequel episode with them as ARC Troopers :p

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    He really should have seen that coming.

7. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Can I request a ban or do I have to start a blood bath to get one?

'Just' curious. [face_whistling]

Ah well, forget it. I'm having too much fun here.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    LOL [face_laugh] you know i actually said Echo is one who must die and he died.... so i predicted unpredictable[face_skull]

ok i haven't studied definitions of warcrimes- bombing civilians was apparently not warcrime during WW2 though[face_thinking] it was probably after that when it was defined to be warcrime..... anyway war is a crime against humanity so warcrime is hippocrite term anyway...

9. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    To be fair, many people thought Echo might get the axe in this arc.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    So it was not unpredictable....
    But anyway I think I said it first that all 501st shouldn't survive- then people thought Fives is not much charater anyway and i made the conclusion then Echo has to go- because Fives wouldn't be such a loss... writers probably made same conclusions and Echo bit the dust......

I think it's usually Senate which decides that- not palpatine- that is fairly clear in both movie and TCW Palpatine uses his emergency powers slightly first to creat false picture of lover of democracy- he may have power to decide something like that alone- but he won't do it because he don't want to look 'evil' in the eyes of the jedi or he would be easily reveal himself- Tarkin and people like him think it's jedi who cause that softness of tactics and Tarkin would gladly do some warcrimes to save the Republic.... republic's intelligence etc. works with similar moral rules that are influenced by jedi code- and jedi are attached to the republic because it's not worth fighting for- it's corrupt system and lead by the sith- not worth of defending..... yeat they do just that as Palpatine knows and destroy themselves when walking into a trap- traditions are attachments.....

11. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Does anyone else think Echo might be alive? We never actually saw him die and the only clue that he did was his blackened helmet. I have a feeling he'll show up at the last second to save the day in the next episode.

After all, it's not unheard of for characters who have off-screen deaths to come back. (Aurra Sing, I'm looking at you!)

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well if Maul is alive:rolleyes: Echo was shot by giant turret that annihilated the entire shuttle if he is alive they really suck as writers- Aurra Sing's 'death' was obvious villains possible survival- we saw only explosion but we didn't saw what's left neither did anyone else in-universe- but this was nothing like possible survival- looks like they actually saw his dead body when they leave- while we see only the helmet...... Trench may be alive but Echo, 99 and Hevy are dead....you just have to accept it:p and GL needs to accept Maul is dead -damn it[face_laugh] ....

13. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Personally I think he's definitely dead, I like the way he went out(though stupid to an extent.)

But when I was re watching the episode late Friday night, I was pausing and go through slow motion and he wasn't engulfed from the blast it seemed, he was pushed forward and than was off-screen. He could be alive but I highly highly doubt it.

Though it would be cool to see him pop up and have burns all over his armor and face from the blast. Would be something different like Commander Wolffe's cybernetic eye.

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Sorry Tarkus, what does this have to do with anything?

15. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
  16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I hope Fives dies and that just proves that they weren't worthy of ARC trooper status.

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Quiet, you

18. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Does that apply to the two out of the three ARC troopers in the comic book version of the Battle of Kamino who were taken out five minutes after being deployed for the first time ever?

19. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Oooo. Ouch. [face_laugh]

20. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Since I haven't read that particular comic, I don't know. ARC deaths are pretty rare in general, they're supposed to be one man army Rambo types.

I'm assuming those ARCs actually went through ARC training and graduated?

Echo and Fives did not go through ARC training, they were simply deputized. I haven't seen anything special about their performance to merit the induction. Seeing how Echo died like an idiot, I would say he was undeserving. If Fives dies the same way, that pretty much cements my belief that they were never deserving in the first place.

21. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    The ARC Troopers I mentioned were from way before TCW, when ARCs were said to be 'bred' rather than just trained. The survivor went on to become the famous 'Alpha', who was reimagined as Rex for the show. Although Alpha was practically Jango Reincarnate and totally badass, his two comrades were taken out by the same single shot from a destroyer droid seconds after leaping down into battle. If ever a death were to be described as making an ARC trooper unworthy of their title, it would be that double whammy that got my vote :p

22. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I'm sure they did things that made them worthy of the title of ARC Trooper.

Unfortunately we haven't seen any of it. -__-

I would definitely agree that from what we've seen they don't deserve the title of ARC Trooper. Out of any of the clones we've seen the only ARC Trooper we've seen would be Rex(we know he isn't one but from things he's done in battle etc). Hopefully Fives proves he's worth it.

23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    They got killed basically as soon as their feet hit the ground? That's actually a common trope, it may have been meant for laughs or to show how intense the combat was to prove how badass the guy is for surviving.

Still, they made it through the training, they were worthy. Echo and Fives were just two common troopers inducted into the ranks of ARC just for the audience.

24. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    I think the latter probably, though I admit I found it unintentionally humourous as the preceding pages had Lama Su raving to Shaak Ti about how brilliantly skilled they were.

I agree with the view that we really should have seen Echo and Fives do more as ARCs before killing one of them off though.

25. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    @Garth/H_J: Yeah, it was a knowingly inappropriate outburst. I couldn't help it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.