main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon The Clone Wars TV Series

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Is it available for viewing online? I no longer have cable or any kind of TV.

2. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Just get it on iTunes, best bet, you can get the whole season pass for only $40. That's less than $2 per episode, pretty sweet I think.

I loved the first two episodes, so stoked for the next, and the next, etc. I'm addicted already! I just think it's beyond cool that we have Star Wars to look forward to each week!

3. TatooineForceRecon

TatooineForceRecon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    OK the two episodes I just saw were "Ambush" and "Rising Malevolence". Where those the first two? "Ambush" was SWEET! I really liked that one. Yoda, clones, droid army deaths. What else do you need?

4. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Yep, those were the first 2 episodes.
    What else do you need? More!!!
    Heard rumor that the series is up for 3-5 seasons.

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah it was the highest rated premiere in Cartoon Network's history, scored across all demographics. Also, it was already planned to make 100 episodes, at least. I don't know if that leaves it up to more if it succeeds better than expected or what, but my understanding was 100 episodes.

6. TatooineForceRecon

Apr 20, 2006
    I heard the same thing.

7. TatooineForceRecon

Apr 20, 2006
    Just saw the third episode! Pretty good! Make sure everyone keeps up![face_dancing]

8. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    OK, for all of you who have not been able to watch The Clone Wars Episodes......They are now online !!!!

http://theclonewars.cartoonnetwork.com/

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Thanks for the link, crashdown! I'll look at it tomorrow.

10. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    "Destroy Malevolence" was very cool. I like having an east coast feed from the dish.
    Each episode keeps getting better.

11. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I forgot to tap it this week. But I plan to tape it tonight at 9:30 pm (Sunday). I can always watch it online, but I want it on tap so my son and I can watch it again and again.

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    It was a really nice story arc. I was happy with it. I can't wait to see what's next. I always look forward to the next week!

13. TatooineForceRecon

Apr 20, 2006
    The next one with the Clones looks really good too!

14. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    The "Rookies" Episode was really cool. Take that Roger, Roger!
    There was a mention to a Clone Wars comic planet called Jabiim.

-Eric

15. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    That was my favorite episode so far! I really liked Rookies, I thought it had a fantastic feel, good dialogue, really a neat episode. The Commando droids were sweet. I was happy.

16. TatooineForceRecon

Apr 20, 2006
    It's a good thing they didn't put the Commando droids in the feature movies cause they would've kicked a$$. It was one of my favorite so far as well! The Republic sure made it to that out post quick. LOL

17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    haha, yeah, maybe they were hanging out around the corner or something ;)

18. Capt-Jay83

Capt-Jay83 Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2008
    The series is a lot better then I ever thought it would be. I have my DVR set to record it so I won't miss an episode. The Rookies has by far been my favorite one. Then of course it's fun seeing a bit of personality in the battle droids, great comic relief.

19. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I finally rented The Cone Wars movie. I liked it a lot, but not as a theater movie. I liked it as an intro to the TV series. It's a great rental, but I'm glad I didn't fork over the $ to see it in the theater.

20. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    It's Star Wars. I still don't understand how you could not want to see a new Star Wars movie in theaters on opening day, it just dumbfounds me, lol. I can't ever wrap my mind around that. It's like, yeah, my favorite sports team made the playoffs, I'll Tivo it and watch it in a few months. Uhh... ok.......

I agree Capt-Jay83, Rookies was my favorite episode too.

21. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Hey Bowen, to each their own. There are some people who actually do have lives outside of Star Wars....

I didn't make the Clone Wars premier due to a nasty headache. Does that make me less of a fan? Absolutely not. Life happens. Not everything goes according to you model of the world.

- Bill

22. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    My point is that it's not really a movie......it's an introduction to a new TV show. Lucas should never have put out the Clone Wars intro in theaters, all it did was delute the greatness of the "real" star wars movies. Even though the Clone Wars series is a great animated "TV Series", it does not rate to modern day Theater quality, in both form and script.....especially for a Star Wars movie. Audiences can forgive lesser quality for TV shows, but not for theater movies.

I am a major Star Wars fan, and support new Star Wars projects. But my support is not blind. I will evaluate each Star Wars product on it's own merits. Where I see inferior quality I will speak up and provide my criticism. Again, I believe that the Clone Wars Series is GREAT TV......some of the best TV you see today. But it does not make a great movie.....at least by Star Wars quality.

If you love Star Wars, you should not support this type of theater release in the future by buying a movie ticket. It will just bring down the entire brand name.

23. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Crash is right... this shouldn't even be considered a movie, but rather a TV pilot. Because, that is exactly what it is.

- Bill

24. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Back in the day, a great tv series had it's "pilot movie" released in the theaters, the orginal Battlestar Galactica. Was it a good as a theater movie? I thought so at the time.

As for the Clone Wars movie in the theater, I enjoyed it. But it is what it is.

As for the series, I'm really liking it.

-Eric

25. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    No, completely wrong! You should buy as many tickets as possible, not only to support the franchise and increase the box office revenue of the entire franchise, which is desirable to keep it above whatever other rabble is released, but to help Lucasfilm make better decisions that YES, we want more theatrical releases. You think it wasn't worthy of theaters, but come on, let's get real, it was one of the best films released this year! Whether it was originally made for TV or not, it's still better than most films that come out. It was thoroughly enjoyable and I want to see more of this in the future. Every season should start that way, it would be amazing. I was disappointed that Star Wars fans were not as supportive as they should have been, but I'm often disappointed by our fan base. It's probably 90% casual fans and 10% real die-hards, which is annoying.

And saying it's "not really a movie" is silly. It's 100 minutes long, it was released to theaters, it has one ongoing plot that is resolved in the feature film, it's a movie. Sure, it's a MOVIE introduction to a TV series, but so what? That doesn't change anything.

I agree you shouldn't blindly support anything Star Wars, if it sucks, but this doesn't suck as even you admitted. I mean I don't support the Holiday Special for instance, and I am not a fan of some of the novels, but when Lucas is involved in the project darn right I support it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.