main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Character Draft Episode VIII: The Secret Draft *congrats, Loyal!!*

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Actually I'm pretty much bent on discussing it tomorrow when I go to the comic shop. But as far a stomp, well, Juggs nearly killing Thor was after he threw the hammer and sucked magic away, Thor dodged the death blow and then got the advantage. A timely stomp would give Juggs the edge, that's why I mentioned it.

10 years now that I think about it sounds accurate, maybe longer. I think the enchantment was transferred to Stormbreaker, but I never put 2 and 2 together. Although it wasn't really relevent till now.

D1, most/all of the feats you mentioned were with the full odinforce and runes, where Thor was pretty much unstoppable. Not like he is now at all. Ask Dr. Doom's Destroyer clone if Thor is doing anything to it... Well, till its energy supply is cut off by other Asgardians. That Thor wouldn't care whether Sentry was possessed by the Void or the flu bug.

I'm not gonna lie though, I have reservations about switching my vote in a close match. Don't wanna be wishy-washy. But then again I don't wanna be stubborn. That's why I'm gonna consult with some counselors. And stuff.

And if the Eighth Day was after Beta Ray's introduction, then I'm pretty sure Thor was just dumb enough not to use that a second time. Because he's Thor. And he's dumb. And in Dark Reign, he's still dumb. Because he's Thor. Imaginative yes. Intelligent no.

So, yeah, I'll see where I stand tomorrow. My gut still says Juggernaut, but I don't know how much is due to the fact I already voted for him.

Well, Thor did beat the serpent by himself.

2. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    So what? Judges are human, they can change their minds.

3. Hokage_Kalar

Hokage_Kalar Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2009
    I don't know why NYC edited me, but the rest of it said address both of them, it seemed as if you were attacking/arguing only with Yak. In fact, I know that wasn't flaming, or quoting a PM, so I really don't know why I was edited...

4. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e...Thor_432-21.jpg
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e...Thor_432-22.jpg

That isn't hypothetical...he wouldn't even need to drain Jugg's power...just his life force.

Then there was also that other scan I posted in our last match, you know, the one that shows Thor completely neutralizing Juggs magically powered force-field? Yeah.

Actually here it is...

[image=http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir163-MagicNegation429.jpg]

Thor did that like 15-20 years ago, before he was powered up....before he gained the wisdom of Odin. It says "negate all mystical energy", I think that is just one of the things that Juggs just can't counter.

The only real difference now is that there is no 60 second time limit, so that cone can be up indefinately, and Thor really doesn't need his hammer to do any of the stuff he is capable of....he can do it with or without the hammer.

?? When did I ever attack the Yak?

5. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Current rounds:

Kyle
    Diana
    Fat Lips
    Atom

As for the match that's still being talked about, yeah, it's a really big match and a flop shouldn't be done all willy-nilly. I'm gonna think about it some more, take this new info into account, all that stuff. Depending on how I feel about it tomorrow...

6. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I agree. I don't think Apocalypse has too much to worry about -- at least so long as he is also prepared.

7. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Yeah, haven't been to the comic shop yet. I'm with Durron about how this should be done. Although since Juggs was as strong as ever, it clearly didn't negate all mystical power. In fact it just further goes to show that the writer was loopy throughout that fight. But I'll be smarter than him and just say it negated some of the mystical power. Since that's... What it did.

I was leaning Orion, but I'm not surprised.

8. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Well we do know for sure based on the scan that his forcefields and invincibility was taken away by it. Strong? Sure. Unstopable? Invincible? Unbeatable? Not any more.

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Very true.

Guy at the comic shop wasn't familiar with any of their fights or anything helpful. Guess I'm on my own to deal with it. New matches up in a bit.

It's not that I can't believe they ended Blackest Night that way... It's not even that it was THAT bad, only somewhat of a disappointment. Oh well, time to get these matches up.

10. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I agree.

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Better late than never... I guess...

2 and 1 to finish it off. Sort of, kinda, maybe.

Plan 9 From Outer Space (2) vs. The ABCs (4)

John Stewart vs. Black Panther (prepped)

Drax the Destroyer vs. Allen the Alien

Warworld

Rorschack?s Wrecking Crew (1) vs. Team Ragnarok (5)

Maxima vs. Shadow King/Goblin Queen

Star Sapphire vs. Royal Forfeit

Sanctuary of Agent Orange

12. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Well, that about does it. Even if there is a flop on Juggs v Thor, the final nail has been placed.

Good match Kalar. Wish I could have pushed it into teams again and give you a good run, but you will just have to be happy with your win as it is.

Good luck in the finals.[face_peace]

Now, about Blackest Night....how did it end? I haven't really kept up on it at all, know that Brightest Day is following up though...and that some will get a shot at redemption. If it wasn't a comic strip about a bunch of lanterns, I would maybe be interested, but I am not really. Damn lanterns.

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Lol, I'll send u a PM sometime... Probably within the hour.

Oh yeah OSU boy I'm prolly gonna be at Michigan next fall.

GO FREAKIN BLUE

14. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Isn't it 'Go Maize'? Like corn? Like the color of the urine they embarrassingly spill out onto the fields they 'played' on last season?

Yeah these look easy but I may be mistaken.

15. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Drax vs Allen would be a good ol' slober-knocker.

16. captain-fantastic

captain-fantastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2007
    Due to time constraints this is the only argument I can make. When we look at the matches of Plan 9 and ABC, we need to ask ourselves one question: doesn't this match in the Conference Finals deserve to go to teams? I think so. Deep down, I hope you do, too.

17. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    D1, great match, as always. I'm not going to lie, I am so glad we aren't going to teams. You had a really good team, in a really tough conference. I'll try and win it for Loeb. On to the finals!

18. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Plan 9 From Outer Space (2) vs. The ABCs (4)

John Stewart vs. Black Panther (prepped)-tough match, see below

Drax the Destroyer vs. Allen the Alien-this seals the match, the other one is tough though, but probably JS

Warworld

Rorschack?s Wrecking Crew (1) vs. Team Ragnarok (5)

Maxima vs. Shadow King/Goblin Queen - Overkill on psychic power, but I doubt either could win solo... maybe GQ, but together... roxsor

Star Sapphire vs. Royal Forfeit

19. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    lets get some votes in!

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Stewart vs. Panther is hanging me up.

Eh, with 24 hours to counter 1 weapon for like, 10 seconds, I'll go Panther, along with Drax and Trump

21. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah well our mutual friend Mr. Kalar reminded me of matches and so I here I am.

I have never been real impressed with Panther to be honest, just doesn't do it for me prepped or not. I do agree with yak to an extent about the preparing for one weapon would be easy but I think it is beyond that. So I am gonna go ahead and send that one to three, it deserves that much I think. JS, Drax and Trump for me.

22. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    We just need one more vote... anyone, anyone?

23. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Those really are two hard matches. I would probably vote for Stewart, if only just by a hair. Then between Drax and Allen, I don't know. Both are tough, both are strong. Drax is stupid as a bag of rocks though, but based on what I remember (if it is correct) he may be a little stronger...though Allen seems more durable.

Coin flip?

24. Hokage_Kalar

May 13, 2009
    Come on judges! I choose you!

25. vrakatar

vrakatar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2009
    Happy Opening Day, humans.
    [image=http://www.thebostonfoodcritic.com/Portals/60934/images//citgo-boston-fenway.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.