main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The CorSec Files #7 updated 10-27

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by boady22, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boady22

boady22 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2003
    Title: CorSec Files
    Time: after ROJ
    Cast: Corran Horn, Gil Bastra, Kirtan Loor, Iella Wessiri, Whistler

Discription: Just a look into the time Corran spent with CorSec before joining the Rebels. This is pretty much just a side project to give me a break while I work on my other story. I'll post when inspiration knocks.

Corran Horn dove out at the fleeing assailants feet clipping them, bringing him to the ground with a hard thud. Corran had chased his target for over three blocks now, and somewhere along the way had lost his newly assigned partner, and mentor Gil Bastra. Corran scurried to get a hold of the humans feet while he was still down, but his grip failed and he found the taste of boot displeasing.

He wiped the blood away from his mouth as the human regained his footing, and then returned to sprinting down the city street. Corran quickly sprang to his feet and fell in pursuit once again. The sting from his tripping maneuver hampered his leg a little slowing him down. Still, he moved on as the human did its best to slow him up and elude sight, knocking down innocent bystanders and anything else he could place his hands on. The cover of night made it no easier for Corran to follow.

Reaching the end of the street Corran caught a glimpse of his target ducking into a local cantina. Now able to slow up, he jogged to the front of the building before keying the small comms device clipped to the collar of his green uniform jacket. ?The Quasars Cantina?, he spoke into the device, ?I?m in the front cover the back?. He switched off the device before a reply could come.

He entered the establishments front door and began surveying the room. Ok now six foot four maybe six foot three, solid build blonde hair. Remember his gray and red tunic is the giveaway. Corran looked over the cantinas occupants, most who were alien and paid the CorSec officer no attention. Small establishments like the Quasar were well known safe havens for criminals passing through Corellia. Corran was sure that if he were to do a security check here, he would find over half the population armed in someway.

As Corran moved down into the main floor of the Quasar he unsnapped his jacket revealing a blaster snug in its shoulder strap. He did not expect trouble from the crowd, but in his first four months with CorSec he had quickly learned it was better to be safe than sorry. His dark green uniform jacket and pants, (which had the traditional black stripe marking an officer down the outer seam) let the rest of the patrons know that he was not to be quarreled with. He continued to make his way through the establishment. There was no sign of the red and gray tunic. Must have already made his way for the back exit.

Corran worked his way down to the hallway leading out to the Quasars exit. Still he had found no sign of the human he had chased for the last few blocks. The music from the cantina began to fade away as Corran moved deeper down the hallway into its darkness. He could hear two Twi?lek speaking in their native tongue as he approached the end of the corridor. Another hallway worked its way down to the right leading to a door marked exit, which now sat ajar.

Five meters in, almost halfway to the door Corran felt the clash of metal against the back of his head. The force of the blow buckled the CorSec officers knees and he fell to the ground, clutching the throbbing area, on the brink of unconsciousness. A tall figure loomed over him for a second before making his way to the jarred door. In a daze Corran looked up to see what looked like three figures moving for the exit.

Still woozy from the shot to his head, Corran tried to get his feet. He stumbled back to the floor as the human made his escape. Summoning energy and resolve from some unknown place deep inside himself, Corran once again tried for his feet, this time he managed to keep his stance.

Slowly he moved for the exit, now even more aware of his surroundings, still clutchin

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is a really good story. I lolve the action.

NYC

3. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Thanks NyCitygurl glad u like it .

4. boady22

Mar 24, 2003

Corran sat behind his desk at CorSec headquarters wincing, as his close friend Iella Wessiri looked at the area struck only a few hours before by the Death Sticks dealer Corran had chased down. The room in which they sat contained four desks, one belonging to Corran, one to Gil, another to Iella and the last to her partner Zek. It was a spacious room and adequately lit, a quiet and cozy retreat for the four CorSec officers.

Iella had gone through the CorSec Academy with Corran both graduating at the head of the class. Iella took first Corran second, but Corran had amassed a higher arrest record in the months since keeping the two friends in constant competition. Their friendship had grown since their days back in the Academy, and though he would deny it if ever asked, Corran secretly wished to be more than just friends. Hea who am I kidding, he scoffed to himself she?s way out of my league.

Iella was an extremely beautiful woman. Her long hair which now lay concealed under her uniform hat, her deep eyes, perfect figure, and elegant smile gnawed at Corrans resistance daily. But the most exciting thing he found about her was that she was a fighter. A true Corellian, and someone he knew he could trust no matter what situation arose. She gently coursed her fingers through the thick black hair atop Corrans head, scanning over the injured area.

Corran removed the bacta pad from his busted lip before speaking, ?well, what do you think??.

?Eh?, Iella twisted her lip while pressing down on the knot that had risen, ?testosterone, its over rated?.

?Do what??, Corran asked not quite following.

Iella released his head and moved around to face him. ?Its all I heard coming up through the Academy, -no woman will ever make it in CorSec - you?ve got to be a man to do this job and be any good at it. Every time I turn around you guys have got into another fight or in some kind of trouble and you call me, the woman, to come bail you out. You guys don?t think, your testosterone cancels out what brain cells you have left and you end up doing something stupid. Like going into a known hostel area without back up.

Corran placed the bacta pad on the knot and grimmaced, ?I was in the moment. Besides I could have, and should have handled it better. Remind me never to ask what you are thinking again?. He leaned back in his chair and stared up at her amazing features, ?and thank you for locating our speeder, once again. I promise it won?t happen ever again?.

?Don?t thank me, thank Zek he located it I just brought it back, and pray our superiors don?t find out about it or you and Gil will be on desk duty for months?.

?Still you will relay my gratitude right??, Corran asked and Iella nodded an affirmative. ?Yeah I think Gil is already angry with me, that?s the most he?s had to run in quite some years?. His remark brought a small smile to Iella's thin lips, which Corran took pride in.

?You two wouldn?t be talking about me behind my back now would you??, Gil asked from the doorway where he stood.

?Yes?, Iella replied, ?and its all been bad, so you don?t need to worry?.

Gil chuckled as he waggled a finger in Iellas direction, ?one of these days young lady.....?

?You wish old timer?.

Corran couldn?t help but laugh at the remark, ?old timer?, he repeated still staring up at Iella. She looked down in time to catch him still ogling, she raised an eyebrow. Corran broke off his gaze and shook his head. ?Headache?, he tried to mask his embarrassment.

?You up for this rook??, Gil asked from the doorway. Corran dawned a confused look, and after a few seconds of silence Gil broke in,?the interrogation Horn, sheesh. How hard did that guy hit you??.

Iella shook her head side to side as she softly spoke, ?testosterone?, in Corrans direction.

?Absolutely?, Corran replied to Gil, smiling due to Iellas remark. ?I?d love some time with my g

5. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    Wow! Very nice! Because of this story, I invite you to check out CorSec in the EUC. Its the Corellian fanclub, and I'd love for you to join.

6. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Thanks Capt. and thanks for the link . I'll drop by every now and then .

7. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    This looks awsome. I don't really like Saga stories but I dropped by for something like this. Your Corran is great and I liked how you portrayed Iella. Keep it up!
    ~Rosy

8. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Thanks Rosy , I'm really glad you like it . If all goes well I should have another post up by Thursday or Friday .

9. RosyRedFinguredDawn

Jan 19, 2003
    Yay, I can't wait. I don't know if this would be corney or not, but would consider some of the characters who meet later, like some of the Rouges etc meeting up with Corran without either knowing or realizing who the other is?

10. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Yeah I most likely will , I dont really have set course that I'm going to go with this . But eventually I'll run a in Rogue or two and I'll let him meet Wedge for sure , like while Wedge is on vacation to Corellia or something .

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Question- Is Iella married to Diric yet? And is Hal Horn alive or dead?

NYC

12. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    nope Iella hasn't met Diric yet , and as for Hal you see in the next installment .

13. boady22

Mar 24, 2003

Corran entered the door to his apartment exhausted from a long days work. His and Gils search of the Quasar had produced no solid leads on Thabe Orin. They were hiding something there though he thought to himself. The room was dark and the air in it cold. Corran knew his surroundings from memory though and paced his way inward. ?Illuminate?, he spoke aloud.

The apartment lit up revealing a spacious yet somber looking abode. The walls were marked by some Corellian art work, and very little furniture filled the room. The kitchen could be seen from the den and looked as if it needed a serious cleaning. It had two windows revealing the quiet nightlife of Corellia?s Capitol Coronet City, from an extremely high and credit costly vantage point. He made his way over to the window and stared down into the city below. Corran knew better than to think the city to be sleeping right now, and silently cursed himself for not being out there doing his best to clean it up. His eyes picked up on the occasional speeder passing by and he could not help but to think that its passengers were up to no good at this late of an hour.

Corran moved back into the middle of the den and placed himself on the lone couch there. He bent down and unlacig his boots pulled them off. Ever since his fathers death, over a year ago now, times like this were the worst. Insomnia plagued him nightly as he pondered the events surrounding Hal Horn?s death. Murder Corran spoke again to himself, but an ensuing investigation had rendered no one responsible for the act, leaving the case unsolved. This was Corrans main reason for joining CorSec. Not to follow in his fathers footsteps as so many believed. He loved CorSec, and the life it presented, but he sought justice and peace for his deceased father. Only justice, he assured himself not retribution. If I find the killer, no when I find the killer, I will let the system punish him. I won?t be come him, I promise that Dad. I will not fail you.

Corran removed his shirt tossing on the end of the couch. His fingers found the metal charm his father gave him years ago. He now wore it around his neck and caressed it when feeling anxious. His fingers played across it as he relaxed back into the comfort of the couch. Corran sat for a while staring at the ceiling, remembering days past spent with his father roaming Corellia, learning everything Hal had taught him . Exhaling, he fought off tears as memories of the two drinking Corellian Brandy and eating Rhyscate cake during Corran's last birthday played through his head. It hurt knowing they would never share times like that again.

Corran cleared his mind and reached over to activate a holo-recorder device, which sat atop a small table beside the couch. It held a single message. Seconds later the small image of a beautiful light haired woman appeared on the floor. ?Corran?, the figure spoke, ?what happened? Why I haven?t heard back from you? I thought we had a good time together the other night ....?. The woman continued on.

He began fidgeting with his crono-watch, diverting his attention from the holo-image. Seven more hours until the next shift change. I?ve got time to do a little homework. I?m not going to do much sleeping anyway. Corran stood and made his way into the refresher. He ran his hand over the sink?s sensors activating the water. He gave it a few parsecs to warm up before cupping his hands and splashing his face several times. On his way out he retrieved a small towel and dried off.

Then Corran made his way into the bedroom. There he retrieved, from the foot of his bed, a small data pad containing all the information amassed on his fathers investigation. Long ago he had Whistler, his assigned astromech unit, run over the information doing multiple comparisons and checks looking for anything that could shed new light on the open case. It produced no results.

Corran pocketed the data pad and then made his way into

14. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    ***UP***

15. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Cool! CorSec! Thats what I like to see!

16. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    Sorry it took me so long to read the fic Boady! I've been real busy lately. But the fic is great! i can't wait for more. Keep up the good work!

17. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Thanks Spike , hope u enjoy it

Glad u like it Mirax , I'm gonna start working on the next piece tonight . I should have it posted in the next few days

18. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    ***UP***

I'm working on the next piece now , should be up soon .

19. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    ?You want a cup of Jawa juice hun??.

Corran looked up at the protocol droid posing as a waitress and took in its appearance. The droid was fashioned to female form, wearing a fake red wig that covered her yellow exterior. He nodded a yes to her and returned his head to the sabbac game being played out on the table to his right. He heard the droid cry out in its feminine voice, cup of Jawa juice. Table four.

Corran lowered his head trying to hide his face as the other patrons in the Quasar looked toward his table. It had been less than a day since he had entered the cantina chasing the death sticks dealer, and then he was in full CorSec dress. If he was noticed now and identified as CorSec, trouble would certainly follow. Corran wore black pants with a tan stripe down the seam of each leg, a white tunic and a tan jacket matching the pant stripe. I hope this is good enough for you Gil, he scoffed to himself in a disgusted manor.

He shifted himself in the chair as the waitress returned with a glass full of Jawa juice. The droid's mechanical eye winked at him before it left the table. Corran looked over the room, taking in all its surroundings and its occupants. Two Twi?lek, who could be twins by their resemblance, had just entered from the hallway leading to the back exit. Corran ran his hand over the back of his head feeling over the small bump that remained from his earlier encounter down that hallway. Not this time. I?m going to be much more cautious this go round. The Twi?lek took the table directly behind him. He continued scanning the Quasar, which for such an early hour, seemed to be doing a lot of business.

A bith, dug, and two humans occupied the table to his right playing sabbac and drinking brandy from the smell of things. Behind him sat the Twi?lek, and behind them the Quasar?s entrance. To Corran?s left, a crowd of Rodians joked as they drank. Behind them four humans did the same. He continued checking out the patrons, looking them over for obvious weapons then keyed the small comms device Corran clutched in his fist.

?Where are we??, he whispered.

?We are approaching the Quasar now. ETA under a minute?. The voice was feminine.

?Iella??.

She noted the shock in Corran's voice and sighed, ?yes . You were expecting someone else??.

?I was expecting Gil. I thought you were with Zek trying to find out why Loor let that dealer go?. Corran turned to his right as a small spat broke out over the sabbac game. The dug had apparently lost, but thought he was beaten unfairly.

?Gil is here. He is making his way around back. I?m going to follow the dealer through the front. As for Zek, he?s the tech expert. I?m more useful here?.

Corran returned his attention to his glass, bringing it up for a sip before speaking. ?I wasn?t implying anything Iella I was just.......?.

?Save it Horn. I know your pretty much a loner. I don?t know what you see in Gil but hey.....?. The comm went dead for a brief moment . ?On your toes Horn, our boy is fixing to enter?.

As she finished her sentence Corran heard the Quasar?s door slide open. He adjusted himself to get a better view and cracked a slight smile as he recognized the fimiluar gray and red tunic. Corran turned his head away quickly, can?t let him spot me. He knows my face from the interrogation room. Why did I give him those glasses?.

The death sticks dealer looked over the establishment and made his way up to the bartender. There he sat and began talking with the large Mon Calamari. The bartender shook his several times but never spoke.

Corran took another sip as he waited for the elusive Thade Orin to show. I don?t even know what Orin looks like. He watched the glass as he set it down to retrieve his comm. I?ll ask Iella for a descripton.

On the glasses reflection, Corran noticed the two Twi?lek fidgeting around. They had their blasters drawn u

20. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Ah. Rookies. What can u do? :p Still, we know he grows up :p

Good post.

21. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    yeah true . I just thought it would be cool to see him as young and cocky in that Corellian way . He'll mature as things go along . It should be a challenge to write . By the way Spike I'm in the middle of your story , its awesome so far . I'll post there when I get caught up completely .

22. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    ***UP***

23. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I keep coming back to this one. It's an interesting look at young Corran and his CorSec days. I especially like the inclusion of Gil Bastra and Iella Wessiri. You might want to work on normalizing your punctuation, though, it would make it easier to read.

24. RosyRedFinguredDawn

Jan 19, 2003
    Its awsome keep it up. Definatly throw in some cameo's, some Iella and Corran interaction and maybe a couple of "Force" things, just not to obvious. Keep it up!
    ~Rosy

25. boady22

Mar 24, 2003
    Thanks for reading Jane Jinn, I went and did my best to correct he punctuation. Sorry about that, its an old habit. I hope you drop in more often and give me more of your thoughts on it.

Rosy, glad to hear from you again. Keep reading. If all goes to plan, I'm going to add in a cameo in one of the next three posts. I'm also going to work in a little unknowing usage of the force.

I'm pretty much finished with the next installment. I've still got to proof it, but I want to post it on the second page. So yall hook me up!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.