main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Cost of Honor (AT LONG LAST, Chapter 2.6, February 22)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ty-gon Jinn, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Geez, imagine years of mutual distrust all brought on by a kid's prank...

TO DA GOBER-FISH WIT 'IM!

2. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Can you imagine......Gungan Thearpy? [face_laugh]

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hehehe.. this is going to be great

4. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Whiskey: Prank? Maybe, maybe not?

Casper: Gungan therapy? Gosh, what would all that psychobabble like ?Oedipus Complex? sound like in Gungan-spake?

Miana: Hmmm? we?ll have to wait and see about THAT.

There was a small knock on the door. ?Excuse me,? Shiska remarked, pushing back her chair so she could leave Jinnayah at the table.

Jinnayah turned her attention back to the datapad. It seemed that there was very little in the treaty conditions proposed by Boss Vaan that would prove disagreeable.

?Mirana,? Shiska whispered to Jinnayah, ?It?s Mom, and she says she needs to talk to you, just to make sure the meeting can continue.?

?I?m sorry, gentlemen,? Jinnayah said, and stepped over to the door.

?Now, the most effective ways to defend yourself against an attacker is to hit the sensitive areas of the body,? Captain Arturrine instructed the handmaidens. Grabbing Degar, he shoved his hand against his face in demonstration. ?One of the easiest disarming moves is to hit the attacker in the nose. You want to be careful to try to drive the heel of your hand up and away from you. If you hit the nose right, you can break it; if it doesn?t break, the attacker?s eyes will probably tear, at least.?

He then grabbed his fist and slammed his arm backward, driving his elbow behind him until it was touching Degar?s stomach. ?An elbow to this general area is typically a good move to slow a man down. It shouldn?t do serious damage, but it will hurt, and, again, if it?s done right, you can knock the wind out of him, or knock his lunch out of him.?

He popped the heel of his hand against Degar?s throat. ?There?s also the windpipe; not an efficient target for a random blow, but if you can really apply some pressure, this will seriously impair your attacker. You want to make sure you hit it with the heel of your hand, because that?s what?ll apply the most force.?

He picked up his foot and placed it with the heel on the inside of Degar?s foot. ?It can slow an attacker down if you stomp on his foot. You want to consider, though, that you need to hit the instep. You could break the top of his foot with enough force, but it?s more likely that you?ll lose your balance and just make yourself an easier target. It seriously hurts, though, if the instep is struck sharply enough.?

He pulled away, and looked straight at the girls. ?Then, of course, there?s another sensitive area, particularly effective against male attackers.? He turned back to Degar and said, ?Don?t worry. I?m not going to show them that one.? He looked at the girls again. ?A clenching fist can work for that area, though the elbow, knee, and spike heel all make particularly effective weapons. The only problem with all of these tactics is that it works particularly for personal attacks, and you?re more likely to see a broad attack against everybody or particularly against the Queen rather than any of you.?

?I imagine we won?t be allowed to just? ask nicely for the rifle?? Sephina asked sarcastically.

?Yeah,? Rudana said in a mock sigh. ?We?ll just hold it for them. Carrying around such big guns all day must be tiring, even for such big, strong men like them.? Degar rolled his eyes and shot a look back at the other two soldiers, one of whom was smiling, and the other one of whom was blushing brightly.

?No, no,? Arturrine said. ?That?s why we?re going to work on using whatever we can to work to our advantage.?

5. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Ah, and to whom it may concern (namely Casper and Miana), Assassination has been updated, too.

6. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Wessa diagnosa mouy-mouy poodo misnama complex, nama affa guy callsa Oedipus whosa no suffer fromsa it. Hesa put outa his own eyesa whena he realise hesa killed own father and married own mooda. Mouy-Mouy self hatred, nosa likea having had sex with his mooda, no nosa suffa from de Oedipus complex.

(It had been foretold that Oedipus would kill his father when he grew up so to avoid this, without having to kill his son, his father had sent him to be adopted by a nobleman at the other end of the Greek world.
    So when Oedipus ended up many years later back in his fathers kingdom he had no idea that the king he quarrelled with and killed was his father, and no idea that the widow he married so she could remain queen and he could declare himself king was his mother.)

Not sure what else to say, agree about vulnerable points and the idea of a spike heel being driven into that region made me wince.

7. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    NICE description of the Oedipus Complex for all our Gungan readers, _JM_.

Actually, one time, I had a friend who challenged me to a "Hoedown" game, a la "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" and said it would be the AP Lit Hoedown. She got really mad when I came up with "I got my AP Lit booklist; now folks think I'm a geek / 'Cause I'm excited to read plays written by ancient Greeks / All except for Sophocles, for him I am no sucker / 'Cause they say that that cat Oedipus is one bad mother -- Shut yo' mouth! Just talkin' 'bout Oedipus."

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Giggles* Hehehe!! Just remember to S.I.N.G. :D

And YAY! to Assasination! :)

9. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Yup, Miana, that whole thing was an expansion upon Miss Congeniality. Of course, I added the Windpipe, so you can remember to SWING. :)

10. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    SWING!

Although I am still an advocate for the Royal Nubian Crotch Lock! [face_laugh] (From the old Cosmic Chaos days: Padme was a terror, let me tell ya!) :p

Good post btw. :)

11. No I am your Father

No I am your Father Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2000
    [image=http://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/biodome/images/285-1.gif]

12. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Casper: Oh, yeah, the terror that was the Queen of Naboo... *fondly recalls Cosmic Chaos*

No, I Am Your Father: What the...?

13. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Let the Post-Tramatic Easter Egg Hunt begin! :p

14. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    More coming soon?

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Once again, Ty demonstrates his mysterious disappearing act! ;)

16. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Uh oh...looks like the Terror Who Wets His Bed in the Night has a half bag of unused water balloons and enough bad childhood memories to cause a real nightmare.

This is why I'm a strong proponent for the "Leashes for Children" program. :D I think the choke-chain technique could really help Tarrat! Defintely put things into proper perspective for the little runt. ^_~

I like the training exercises the handmaindens are going through. Excellent detail.

Hope to see another post soon! I'm really hope Zolotiya finds Tarrat before he REALLY lands himself in trouble!

17. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  18. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  19. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  20. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    QUADRUPLE DOH!

~LtJS @};-

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yep, Ty, your new name is definitely Houdini. :p

I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay.
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.
    He sleeps all night and he works all day.

I cut down trees. I eat my lunch.
    I go to the lavatory.
    On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
    And have buttered scones for tea.

He cuts down trees. He eats his lunch.
    He goes to the lavatory.
    On Wednesdays he goes shoppin'
    And has buttered scones for tea.

I cut down trees. I skip and jump.
    I like to press wild flowers.
    I put on women's clothing
    And hang around in bars.

He cuts down trees. He skips and jumps.
    He likes to press wild flowers.
    He puts on women's clothing
    And hangs around in bars?!

I cut down trees. I wear high heels,
    Suspendies, and a bra.
    I wish I'd been a girlie,
    Just like my dear Papa...

Ah, the fun tendrils of boredom. ;)

22. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! [face_laugh]

23. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I'm starting to get worried here. [face_worried] See?

Does anyone know Ty in real life and know he's ok? If so let me know so I can be frustrated with the wait for new posties [face_frustrated] instead of imagining horrible things have happened to him [face_worried] like a loss of interest in SW :eek:.

Then go whack him until he gets back over here and tells the rest of us he's ok. I totally get real life taking over and stuff so understand if he can't post regularly or whatever. But I would kind of like to someday see where the Xesh Files and this tale end up if possible.

KD

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Dil - Don't worry, he does this ALL the time. Right, Casper?

25. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Right. A lot of this is out of his control, and if he was here right now he would deeply apologize for all those who have been waiting patiently for a new post.

I don't know him personally, but I've known him long enough on these Boards to not just give up and walk away without explanation; he, like me, has known too many that have done that and how very bad that is.

I can understand if anyone doesn't want to keep hanging on here, but I get this feeling he will show up again pretty soon and pick up where he left off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.