main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Currents of the Force (Chapter Three Posted!! Explosive Rescue Attempt!! Updated 9/23!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediDingo, Aug 25, 2011.

1. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Title: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Currents of the Force
    Author: Jedidingo
    Timeframe: 3,960 (The last year of the Mandalorian War)
    Characters: OCs, Revan, Malak, Cassus Fett, Mandalore
    Genre: Drama,Action / Adventure, Canon, EU
    Summary: The conclusion to Jedi Knight Aaryn Karsa's story that takes place during the Mandalorian War.

In Whispers of the Force, Padawan Aaryn Karsa was assigned to invesigate why the Mandalorians are making their way ever so close to the Republic. With a special ability granted to him through the Force, Aaryn begins to uncover startling information about the Mandalorians. Soon, the Mandalorian War breaks out and Aaryn is promoted to Jedi Knight. He and his crew are chased by Mandalorian Commander Jagi A'denika and everything comes to a head when Aaryn, with help from the Revanchists, fights to destory a Mandalorian superweapon.

Not long afterwards, in Echoes of the Force, Aaryn and his crew are attacked by unknown ships close to the Unknown Regions. In the battle, Aaryn dies to save his friends. Two years later, Aaryn awakens back to life to find that the galaxy is now fully invovled in the Mandalorian War! The Force has brought him back to life, but has seemingly abandoned him and he can no longer hear its whispers. The only way he can fully connect is through the dark side. While continuing to search, a mysterious Man in Black begins to wreak havoc on Aaryn Karsa's personal life. The Man in Black is a dark side entity, searching to destroy Aaryn. As Aaryn reconnects with his friends, and with the Force, he begins to discover that the Force may have brought him back to stop an even bigger threat than the Mandalorians. As he rescues the love of his life, Jove Sunflare, during the battle of Duros, Aaryn is captured by Mandalorian forces.

In the short story The Dark of the Night, we learn that Aaryn is being tortured by the Mandalorians with no hope of escape. They inform him that they finally mean to kill him once and for all. On Mandalore, former Commander Jagi A'denika has a terrible vision of the future that he believes he must help prevent. Jove and the rest of the crew of the Divinity learn through the holo-net that the Mandalorians mean to broadcast the trial of Aaryn Karsa over the holonet and use his death as propaganda in the on-going Mandalorian war! They quickly begin to plan on resecuing him.

And that's basically the story so far! You won't be too lost or confused if you don't read the two books and the short story, but it will vastly improve your enjoyment! You can find the links here below:

[image=http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/ivernasolo/Jedi-Dingo-1.jpg]The Whispers of the Force: http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30162688/p1/?50

[image=http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/ivernasolo/JediDingo2.jpg]The Echoes of the Force: http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/30958538/p1/?22

(Short story) The Dark of the Night: http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/31727361/p1/?3

Dramatis Personae

Crew of the Divinity
    Aaryn Karsa, human male, Jedi Knight
    Jove Sunflare, human female , Pilot
    Kaylee Rendos, human female, Jedi Knight
    Maverick Baron, human male, Con Man
    Ta'sa Oolos, Ho'Din male, Cook
    Nev Lubboun, Duros male, sidekick
    Serick, Nitko male, Jedi Knight
    Gep, Twi'lek male, co-pilot

The Mandalorians
    Jagi A'denika, human male
    Baliesh, human male , Mandalorian "Lord"
    Cassus Fett, male
    Nimrod, male, Mandalorian solider

Jedi/Republic
    Revan, human male, Jedi Knight
    Malak, human male, Jedi Knight

Others
    The Man in Black, human male
    Roose Bolton, human male, Admiral
    Davros, human male
    Belo, Ortolan male, senatoral aide
    Zuri Rayder, human female, Sith Acolyte

Forward

First off I'd like to thanks my three most faithful readers, LaForzaViva (Lafizzy), SoA, and earlybird-obi-wan! Without you guys, this last enstallement wouldn't be happenin

2. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    The dark is generous.

Its first gift is concealment: our true faces lie in the dark beanth our skins, our true hearts remain shadowed deeper still. But the greatest concealment lies not in protecting our secre truths, but in hiding from the truths of others.

The dark protects us from what we dare not know.

Its second gift is comforting illusion that dark is temporary: that every night brings a new day. Because it?s the day that is temporary.

Day is the illusion.

Its third gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite black through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings it forth from the center of its own self.

With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.
    - Revenge of the Sith novel

PART ONE: Drawing the Lines

Chapter One

Slowly, and silently the slick black Corellian Dreadnaught the Kraken slid through the dark of space. All the way down the hull it?s turbolasers jutted out like razor sharp teeth. Swarming all around it where several starfighters and corvette cruiser, moving aside as if royalty were approaching. The stars almost reflected right off the hull of the Kraken. It appeared almost as if the Kraken was surveying it?s work. Below the dreadnaught, a planet burned.

He looks like a god, watching his creation die. The newly established Admiral Roose Bolton thought as he watched the Man in Black, who sometimes called himself Rhandel Flagg. The Man in Black stood at the viewport, his dead violet colored eyes never leaving the planet?s surface -- it?s burning surface. Standing behind his lord and master, Admiral Bolton knew not make a sound or even move until the Man in Black was ready to speak. He had seen several of his good men die because they had irrupted the Man in Black?s thoughts. He remembered every face that had died under the lead of their new leader, they came back to haunt him in his dreams. Almost a year before, Roose hadn?t been an Admiral at all, in fact he had been just a Captain in the Correllian Defense Fleet. He had been given command of the brand new Corellian Dreadnaught, the Pride of Coronet. After the commissioning service, the Pride made an unexpected jump into hyperspace.

Roose remembered the panic that permeated the entire ship as it hurled through hyperspace, and no one could explain how or why. Roose himself remained stone faced throughout the whole ordeal -- because he had too, or everything would have fallen apart. Yet, once the Pride had come out of hyperspace near the Unknown Regions Roose had no way of stopping what happened next. The Man in Black stood up, dressed as a crew member, and single handily took control of the ship. What had shocked Roose the most was how the Man in Black had managed to take control of the Pride. He had not done it with a storm of swords, or a sea of blasters, but instead he did it with his words. Once the Man in Black had started speaking, everything was over for Roose and his entire crew.

Roose remembered how he went from being a traitor and a spy, loathed, to becoming the ship?s savior, it?s champion and new commander. Oddly enough, the crew of the dreadnaught, himself included, had found themselves cheering and clapping for the Man in Black as he declared himself the messiah of the galaxy, looking to bring everyone back to the darkness from which they came.

Somewhere, deep down inside himself Roose knew that they were all slaves to the Man in Black. That they all had their minds being controlled by their new lord and leader, somehow, some way. Roose watched as his lively crew slowly became a mindless hive. The once filled mess room was always empty, and everyone walked through the hallways in a slight daze. It was like trying to remember something all the time, only that they could not seem to remember that they once had personalities, ambitions, family, friends, and dreams. No, Roose thought, we

3. LaForzaViva

LaForzaViva Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2008
    Excellent debut! Very excited to see how the show trial will play out, and whether the clashing rescue parties will somehow get tangled up, or will work together...

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great begin showing the various parties where they are planning this and that.

PM please:)

5. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    Chapter Two

This is the life of Aaryn Karsa, Jedi Knight: Unlimited cold darkness. For almost seven whole months this is all that he knew and fear whispered to him that is all that he?ll ever know from now on. Laying a puddle of cold water in his darkened cell, Aaryn rolled over his almost golden eyes peering into the ceiling. At least what he thought as the ceiling. He couldn?t be sure though.

Recently someone had come to spray ice cold water on him, it could have been as long as a day ago or as short as two hours. Time blended in the cell. It honestly felt like he had been here for almost a thousand years.

The only thing that kept him going throughout all of this was reliving the moment he saw her: Jove Sunflare. The love of his life. He endlessly replayed the kiss he had with her amidst the Battle of Duros. Over and over again he saw her beautiful eyes as he plunged in for the kiss as a cold, hard sheet of rain pounded them. As he lifted Jove back up to defend her with his purple bladed lightsaber, a huge splash of water blinded his eyes. He blinked it away, realizing that he was still in the cell and someone had just poured even more water on him.

Aaryn groaned, trying to blink away the water from his eyes. A swift kick to his stomach forced Aaryn to roll away towards the wall.

?Up,? the voice of one of his torturers, Nimrod, said.

?I thought I told you already, I?m just not that into you.? Aaryn tried to stand using the wall to help himself up.

The amazingly huge armored Nimrod threw him a towel and Aaryn caught it with his cuffed hands.

?Uh, if this is some weird fetish thing you are about to do, I don?t want to.? Aaryn raised his brow.

?Your clothes are here,? Nimrod pointed towards the far corner of the cell. Aaryn glanced over, and indeed they were there.

?Care to tell me what?s going on? I know things between us are kind of strained, but as a human being to another?whatever you are, can you do this one thing for me?? Aaryn said.

Nimrod shifted and Aaryn thought he could almost tell that Nimrod was smiling despite the helmet over his head.

?Today is your death day, Jedi boy.? Nimrod said and turned, exiting his cell. Aaryn stood still, silent. The lights above him the lights turned on, violently bright. Aaryn?s eyes hurt tremendously but he didn?t move or even blink. This was it. He was going to die?again. Why had the Force even bring him back to life to die here, alone? Slowly, and surely he was beginning to hear the whisperings of the Force again, without the use of the dark side. It was too late, though. This was the end and he?d never see Jove Sunflare again, or fight the threat of the Man in Black. Everything was over.

No it?s not.

Aaryn raised his head slightly, listening to the Force. As he continued to listen, a small smirk drew across his face.

?Oh my gods! How extravagant, I didn?t know the Mandalorians had so much?beauty to be seen.? Jovous Jarrun exclaimed, bringing her hands up to her cheeks. Her eyes seemed to be ten times bigger behind her huge jeweled data-spectacles. They were almost as large as her bee-hived styled gray hair. Her shoes clicked as she walked across the Grand Hall of the Government Chambers on Concord Dawn. Jovous looked back and forth at the huge Mandalorian drapes that almost touched the ground.

?Isn?t this just marvelous, Mr. Starstone?? Jovous asked in her high pitched voice.

?Quite,? Maverick Baron said in a fake accent. He had decided that he had just about enough of this lady already. He brought his white gloved hands up to stroke his goatee, a goatee that he had grown specifically for this role. He hated it because it made him feel like some damned pirate from a holovid, but the rest of the Divinity seemed to get a good laugh out of it and said he had to keep it.

Jovous leaned in towards Maverick, looking both ways before speaking. ?I didn?t think the Mandalorians would be so?so??

?Civilized?? Maverick provided.

?Just the word I was looking for, my

6. LaForzaViva

Jul 6, 2008
    Need moarrrrr story! Teasing this trial and rescue (possibly two rescues actually) so let's get on with it!

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes more and please [face_praying] let Aaryn be rescued and safe

8. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    AN: Okay, I am sorry this took a while but its finally here!!! I hope you all enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvUtXFg65Cs&feature=related

That scene really inspired this entire chapter. It captures pretty much everything that makes Star Wars so great, so I felt the need to share it with you so you could view and be inspired as well.

Chapter Three

The light was bright, very bright. Aaryn had forgotten how bright light could be. This, though, was a terrible reminder. Aaryn wished he could shield his sensitive eyes but his hands were stunned cuffed in front of him. If he was to bring his hands up, Nimrod would surely kill him right away. Aaryn didn?t want to die just yet, he needed a little more time. At least, that?s what the Force had told him.

Slowly but surely the marble dais raised into the center of the entire chamber. It was loud inside the extravagant chamber and at first Aaryn couldn?t tell what was going on exactly. His first thought was that they were crying out in outrage about what was about to happen, but then he realized he was in the middle of Mandalorian held space. He frowned, almost comically so as he came to the realization that they were cheering for his death.

?Gee, thanks.? Aaryn muttered under his breath. The dais locked firmly in place and in full view of everyone. Beside him stood Nimrod, the huge three metered Mandalorian dressed in an ice-blue armor with white jagged marks painted onto the armor itself.

?Shut your mouth.? Nimrod prodded him in his bruised kidney. ?Sweetie,?

?I can honestly say I won?t miss that,? Aaryn said a little louder.

?Aaryn Karsa.? A voice boomed. Aaryn frowned, looking for the source of it. The cheers immediately died as the voice began talking. He continued looking until he saw who was speaking right in front of him. Standing at the forefront of the chamber on a raised platform full of dignitaries, he saw who was speaking. And who was standing next to him.

?Let the trial commence,? Lord Baliesh smiled. Beside him stood Jagi A?denika, without the usual side-shoulder cape, Aaryn noted. Standing close to Jagi was a female Mandalorian that he?d never seen before. Standing a little to the right of them were a group of white dressed servers. Caterers, actually. Aaryn squinted seeing a certain lanky Duros and a green Ho?Din. For the briefest moment, Aaryn smiled.

?Jedi Karsa, you have been found guilty by the Mando?ade and are to be given an honorable death in front of a group of your peers and to stand as an example to those in the Republic.? Baliesh announced as the hover-cams zoomed around the dais he was standing on. ?Though the Jedi prove to be a valiant combatant, they can and will be brought down as we make our way to the Core. Peoples of the Republic, I urge you-?

?This is so exciting, isn?t it Baron von Starstone?? Jovous turned around in her seat, puckering her fats lips.

Maverick twirled the detonator in his hand and smiled down her. He leaned in just a bit as Baliesh continued his droning speech and whispered to the plump lady below him.

?You have no idea how exciting it?s about to get,? Maverick smirked and gave her a wink for the effect. Jovous drew her hand up to her mouth and blushed bright red. Maverick leaned back in his chair and glanced over at his ?servant? girl, Kaylee. She rolled her eyes at him as he crossed his legs.

He brought his attention back to Aaryn standing in the middle of the chamber and reflected on how different he looked from the last time he had seen him on Duros. Aaryn no longer had the close crop hair he was favoring, but it had grown all the way down to his shoulders. Maverick could still make out where his scar ran up his forehead and a little bit into his scalp. There was even a streak of white in his hair near the scar. Surprisingly, Aaryn seemed to be in peak physical condition. Maverick was sure the man had been put through all kinds of torture during his seven month stay with the Mandos but for

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    WHOOT Aaryn is safe[face_dancing]

And that scene in the first part where Aaryn is coming in the chamber (Star Trek the undiscovered country:))

Love the action

10. LaForzaViva

Jul 6, 2008
    So many good references all around in there; especially like the carbonite chamber Leia/Han one with the dialogue. Didn't expect that they were all working together though! That Jagi is a sly one; I don't see him being too trustworthy forever! Great sequence!

11. JediDingo

Mar 27, 2005
    Alas, I have no forgotten you Currents of the Force! I am really sad I have not produced a chapter in a while guys, but school has been so busy for me. I hope to get the next chapter out by this weekend, and possibly another one as well for all to enjoy over Thanksgiving!