1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Force Friday - 4th September, visit this thread for more details.

Supanova: Adelaide (20th-22nd November), Brisbane (27th-29th November)

Oz Comic Con: Brisbane (19th-20th September), Sydney (26th-27th September)

FF:VIC The Dag House

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Dags, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Dags Force Ghost

star 3
    Geez it's my first visit here since a year and a bit ago and I see the place hasn't changed much in terms of the overwhelming silence.

Isn't it funny that we have a new SW TV show AND a new movie coming out yet this forum is still as quiet as ever.

sigh. :(

I may not return for another year and bit at this rate.
  2. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Stay around for a bit and hang out with us.
  3. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Pull up a chair and join us. I'm sure the wave of new members will arrive soon....... Maybe
  4. Suvlaco Force Ghost

star 1
    I is here. I is (somewhat) new to here. But here, so silent it is.
  5. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Welcome back! :)
    How have you been?
  6. Suvlaco Force Ghost

star 1
    To be honest, I was originally from South Australia so back in the day posted a fair bit there... but those were the days where posts were a daily occurrence, yet it unfortunately appears that such frequent discussion has since greatly dropped :(
  7. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    I remember those earlier days well. SA and NSW are a bit more active at the moment… and there has been some of a turn around now with the new films so things have picked up a bit. No doubt that there will be quite a few keen to return and see the new films together again. :)
  8. Dags Force Ghost

star 3
    Ahhh, there seems to be a glimmer of activity in the old VicFF girl. :)

Back in the PT days the VICFF boards were rife with all these students posting threads on everything except SW. It was certainly hectic for a number of years, but then they all left and there was nothing but silence ... and so it has remained.

Personally I think with social media being so prevalent now, these forums don't hold anywhere near as much appeal as they did a decade back, and I doubt the new films will change that mindset. Unfortunately Darth Facebook has a lot to answer for.

In any event, it's certainly nice not having to speak to myself for a change :)
    Last edited by Dags, Dec 17, 2014
  9. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Good to see you again Dags. :)

I remember those days well and quite a few antics too. You are right about social media and Darth FB and it is unfortunate that it has become like that. Oh well, we will be getting a SW film a year, starting next year so there be a change and anything is possible.

For the meantime, always welcome to hang out with the rest of us :)