main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The 'Disneyfication' of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Charles Widmore, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles Widmore

Charles Widmore Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2014
    The filmmakers behind the 2010 documentary The People vs. George Lucas have announced a sequel, The People vs. George Lucas II, focusing specifically on Lucasfilm’s sale to Disney and what it means for the future of Star Wars.

What are your thoughts? Will Star Wars become Disneyfied?

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  2. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    More like the 'closification' of this thread.

inb4lock

TKT, EviL_eLF, thejeditraitor and 2 others like this.
  3. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Oh, there's a sequel people were clamoring for. :)

Anyway - no. Mostly because Disney purchased Lucasfilm because they needed something that wasn't Disneyfied so as to diversify their audience base. It's the same reason they bought Marvel, which is ALSO not being Disneyfied.

Feige gets to run Marvel, Kennedy gets to run Lucasfilm, and if there's thumbs in the pie from higher up the DIsney foodchain, they're just thumbs, and not big grabby fists plunging through the bottom of the pan.

But I'm sure the makers of the documentary will be more than happy to get a couple talking heads in front of a greenscreen or a houseplant and a poster to cough up the equivalent of ill-informed forum posts like they did for their first movie :)

4. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    So what if we get a Phinius and Ferb (or whatever) star wars special. Its called growing your fan base with young audiences... And Lucas did it with Angry Birds long before Disney did. Its just smart business. It won't get any more "disneyfied" than Pixar or Marvel did and they're mostly the same company they where before.

TheBBP likes this.
  5. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    My thoughts are it is stupid to release a documentary of Disney's purchase prior to the actual, you know, release of the movies. All they are going to do is make themselves look silly when everything they predicted ended up being wrong.

TKT, Ryus, Death_Jar_Jar and 3 others like this.
  6. Tensionhead

Tensionhead Jedi Master star 1

Feb 7, 2005
  7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  8. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Did they do it to Marvel?

There's your answer.

Ryus and Artoo-Dion like this.
  9. Indy 11

Indy 11 Jedi Padawan

Nov 4, 2012
    It will probably be a bunch of whiny negative fans who think "Disney is gonna ruin it". Well, I'm ****ing tired of that b*ll****. Honestly. They know what they are holding. They grew up with Star Wars. They will stay true to Star Wars. And again, J.J. Abrams. He is the best choice to director. Also the big three, it has to be okay since they are on board. And those set pics are great. Such a good vibe going on. Why the fu*k are all these "fans" trying to ruin that?
    Let's be hopeful. Cautiously optimistic even. I hope this "sequel" treads lightly. The movie hasn't even come out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  10. Tensionhead

Tensionhead Jedi Master star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    dang.

Indy 11 likes this.
  11. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014

Lol it'll be like those horrible documentaries about 2012.

12. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is better suited in another forum. Possibly LFL.

Sing it with me: "It's a short thread after all..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.