main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Enemy Within (Obi-Wan, Anakin, Qui-Gon, others, OC's) Author Note 12.28.17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Child_of_a_Jedi, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Child_of_a_Jedi

Child_of_a_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2015
    In celebration of finally being discharged from the care of both my physical and speech therapy, I have decided to post a story I'm working on. I'm not much of a writer, but in thinking this through and jotting down ideas, I've discovered that I enjoy writing. Who knew?[face_idea]With massive encouragement from my mom, JediMaster_Jen, my uncle Jedi_Tyler and my aunt Skywalker_Angel, I have plucked up the courage to post the prologue. :)

The story is a massive work-in-progress. I'm writing a little when I can and posts will probably be few and far between, at least until I get my feet under me. My mom is helping me a lot. A lot!!

I hope you enjoy. :)

Title: The Enemy Within

Summary: The beginning of the end of the Jedi Order.

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars. It belongs to Disney.

Prologue

Coruscant

Jedi Temple

Two men walked across the main floor of the Jedi Temple. Both were clad in dark robes, their faces obscured by their hoods. Each man held an ignited lightsaber; the weapon of a Jedi.

Neither man is a Jedi. Not anymore.

The hallways were silent. The bodies of their brethren littered the once-serene fortress; the violence of their deaths having shattered the calm peace within.

As they stopped walking, they surveyed the damage, death and destruction they had rained down upon the occupants.

“What do we do now?” the younger man asked.

The older man pulled back his hood revealing a youthful face. “We burn it to the ground.”

The gleaming symbols of light, justice, peace; the Jedi Temple was set ablaze and slowly burned. Flames licked at the iconic spires until only smoke remained.

The light of the Jedi had been extinguished.

Almost.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  2. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Good job, Son!! Very proud of you. :)

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. Jedi_Tyler

Jedi_Tyler Jedi Master star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    Interesting. Who are the masked men killing Jedi?[face_thinking] I'll be watching this one, nephew-of-mine. :)

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot, love reading that this is a family endeavor [face_batting] Jen is definitely a great one to learn from! @};- A very intriguing beginning. =D=

Kahara likes this.
  5. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Nice beginning, Jay. =D= Looking forward to seeing more.

Kahara likes this.
  6. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Ooh, this is interesting! =D= I would love to see where it is going. :)

Kahara likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Whaaaat? The whole family is on JC? This is cool.

And that's a super-interesting prologue, will be watching. :)

Kahara and Viridian-Maiden like this.
  8. Child_of_a_Jedi

May 11, 2015
    Thanks, Mom.[:D]

I can't exactly tell you that, Uncle Ty. [face_laugh] I'll post more soon. Mom's helping me with the next part.

Yeah, my mom is a great writer.:) Glad you like it.

Thanks, Auntie!:p

I hope to have more posted soon. Thanks, glad you enjoyed the first part.

:)Well, not quite the whole family, but...enough of us. Thanks for reading and watching. :)

9. Child_of_a_Jedi

May 11, 2015
    Chapter One

Twenty-Five Years Earlier

Outer Rim
    Arcturian Royal Palace
    Arcturia

Queen Shmi Kenobi knelt down in front of her husband’s grave. She placed a small bouquet of flowers at the base of the hand-carved japor headstone. She lovingly ran her fingers of the name inscribed there.

King Jarred Kenobi

Forever Cherished

“I miss you still, Jarred,” Shmi whispered softly through her tears.

“I’m sure he misses you, wherever he is,” came a deep male voice from behind her.

Shmi stood and wiped her tears before turning to face her visitor. “Hello, Kallum.”

Kallum Skywalker had been Jarred Kenobi’s lifelong best friend. The two had met when a young Kallum and his master had come to Arcturia to mediate a dispute. They’d struck up a friendship which had lasted until the day Jarred had died.

Kallum didn’t speak but smiled gently. He moved forward and pulled Shmi into his arms for a tight hug, her rounded belly between them.

“She’s active today,” he whispered when he felt the child kick moments later.

“He,” Shmi whispered back.

Kallum chuckled as he pulled back and framed Shmi’s face between his palms. They held each other’s gaze for a few moments before Kallum leaned down and softly bestowed a kiss upon his wife’s lips.

“Someday I’ll be able to do that in public,” he said as he pulled back.

“Perhaps,” Shmi granted. “When the children are grown.”

Kallum sighed. “That’s a long time.”

The children, Obi-Wan and Cyana were only aged five and two respectively. Kallum and Shmi’s own child was still months from being born.

Shmi turned to face Jarred’s grave. “Perhaps when you’re no longer a Jedi.”

Kallum sighed deeply as he grasped her small hand in his larger one. “That’s an even longer time. I will always be a Jedi.”

A tear escaped and fled down her cheek. “You won’t leave?”

“I can’t,” he insisted. “You know that, Shmi. I’m breaking every facet of the Jedi Code I was taught to obey above all else by being here with you at all. If the Council knew of our marriage, of our child, I’d be expelled.”

She whipped around to face him. “You value the Jedi more than your own family?”

“I’m not even supposed to have a family!” Kallum yelled. “I’m…”

“Then you are relieved of your responsibility to this family,” Shmi said in a clear voice. “You may be on your way, Knight Skywalker.”

Kallum reached for, but she side-stepped his grasp. “Shmi, please. You understand duty and honor, sacrifice and commitment. Why can’t you understand that I have a duty to the Jedi?”

Eyes burning in anger, alight with doubt and fear, she spoke. “Why can’t you understand that I need my husband? That the children need a father? Obi-Wan is Force-sensitive. He needs someone…”

“I do understand, my love,” Kallum insisted. “Obi-Wan can come…”

She shook her head. “No. No, my son stays with me. He is heir to this kingdom, heir to his father’s throne. Why did you marry me if you weren’t prepared to stay? To leave the Jedi Order?”

Kallum stumbled over his words. “I don’t…I…perhaps like you said; when the children are grown.”

Shmi smiled sadly. “Or when you’re…no longer a Jedi.”

With that, Shmi turned and headed away from the husband no one knew she had; the husband who’s child she carried.

Kallum watched her go. They’d had this same discussion many times in the eighteen months since they’d been married. After every argument, he’d followed her. Every other time, he’d found a way to make it better. Every other time he’d promised he’d find a way to change things.

But not this time. This time, Kallum walked away too.

Kahara, Ewok Poet and Admiral Volshe like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yuppers, this has the Jen-style umph [face_batting] =D= They both have valid points and neither is willing or feels able to budge. :(

Looking forward to more!
    @};-

11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Love the maturity of Shmi's grief and the debate between the Jedi values and the average Joe/Jane values. Also, the characters' last names are hinting that A LOT of interesting things will be happening there. The only thing missing at the moment is the year for the prologue...is it 19 BBY or am I completely wrong?

Child_of_a_Jedi likes this.
  12. Child_of_a_Jedi

May 11, 2015
    Yeah, my mom is helping a lot. [face_blush] A LOT!!

Yeah, I didn't put a year yet. I'm still working a bit on my timeline of events, which will drive where this tale actually begins. Since it's an AU, I can be a little liberal with it.:)

Thanks for reading everybody!!^:)^ Next chapter below.

Chapter Two

Nine Months Later

Shmi sat in the palace gardens holding her six-month-old son, Anakin. Obi-Wan and Cyana, now six and three, played nearby. Anakin was a bright, lively boy with a happy smile and even temperament. His ice-blue eyes and blonde hair were genetic gifts from his father.

Shmi hadn’t seen Kallum since the day of their argument nine months earlier. She’d tried contacting him and when she’d received no response after three attempts, she’d stopped trying. She’d considered one last attempt when Anakin had been born, but ultimately decided against it. Kallum knew there was a child; if he wanted to come and see his son, he would.

“Your Majesty, forgive my intrusion, but you have visitors,” a young handmaiden said. “Jedi by the looks of them.”

Shmi couldn’t dim the ray of hope that sprung up in her heart.

Had Kallum come home?

Holding Anakin in her arms, she instructed the handmaiden to keep watch over Obi-Wan and Cyana while she walked inside. She headed for the sitting room where the Jedi were waiting. She wasn’t but a step into the room when her heart sank.

“What may I do for you, Master Jedi?” she asked the tall man with long hair.

The man bowed regally. “Your Majesty, I am Qui-Gon Jinn and this is my apprentice, Xanatos Renashaii.”

Xanatos, a tall young man of about twenty with spiked black hair and piercing, dark blue eyes, bowed as well.

“We have been sent from Coruscant to discuss…”

“My children,” Shmi interrupted. “You want to take my son’s to your Jedi Temple.”

Qui-Gon and Xanatos shared a look. The younger man stepped forward. “You’re Force-sensitive as well, Your Majesty.”

Shmi smiled as she cradled Anakin close. “No. Well, yes, but without anywhere near enough midichlorians to be a Jedi. But, my sons, my Obi-Wan and Anakin could become Jedi.”

Qui-Gon reached out and was surprised when young Anakin reached back, grasping his index finger tightly. “He has a strong rip, and a very powerful presence. Who was his father?”

Thoughts of Kallum danced through her mind. Thoughts of what would happen to him if the Jedi learned he had a wife; a family.

Xanatos sensed her thoughts. “His father is a Jedi? Yes?”

Shmi glanced between the two men. Slowly, she nodded. “Yes, he was…is a Jedi. I haven’t seen him since before…before this little one was born.”

“What is his name?” Qui-Gon asked gently.

Decision made, Shmi spoke. “Sky…Skywalker. Kallum Skywalker.”

While Qui-Gon’s eyes only widened a bit, Xanatos gasped. “Master…”

Shmi sat down and settled Anakin on her lap. “Tell me.”

“Tell you what, Milady?” Qui-Gon asked as nonchalantly as possible. “I was merely…surprised to hear the name of a…a man I know well.”

Xanatos’ sharp eyes pinned his mentor with a deep glare. “She deserves the truth, Master. He was the boy’s father.”

“Was?” Shmi questioned softly; sorrow already building in her heart.

Qui-Gon started to speak, but was beaten to the punch by his eager apprentice.

Xanatos reached out and took Shmi’s free hand in his own. “I’m so…so sorry, Your Majesty. A little shy of nine months ago, Knight Skywalker was…he was killed on a mission.”

The sob that tore through her throat brought tears to the eyes of the master and apprentice. Grief, never fully healed, settled once again heavily in her heart.

“What was…was done with his…his body?” she choked out.

Qui-Gon cleared his throat. “I’m afraid that…Knight…Kallum’s body was never recovered.”

“Oh, my Kallum,” Shmi whispered to herself. “My husband.”

“Husband?” Xanatos parroted. “You were married?”

Collecting herself somewhat, she nodded. “Yes. After my…my first husband died…”

“Jarred Kenobi?” Qui-Gon questioned.

“Did you know him?”

“Not personally,” Qui-Gon remarked. “But, as I said, I did know Kallum. He spoke often of his friend, the King of Arcturia, and his beautiful wife and children. Kallum thought very highly of…well, of all of you.”

“Mum!” Obi-Wan yelled as he scampered into the room, little Cyana toddling behind her big brother.

Shmi cleared her tears and smiled at her son. “Come, Obi-Wan. I’d like you to meet Qui-Gon Jinn and Xanatos Renashaii. They’re Jedi Knights.”

Obi-Wan’s grinned. “I’m gonna be a Jedi. Someday.”

”I told you I’d be a Jedi someday, Master,” sixeen-year old Obi-Wan Kenobi remarked to his master, Xanatos.

Xanatos chuckled. “Yes, you did. I’m very proud of you, Obi. Becoming a senior level Padawan at sixteen is quite an accomplishment.”

Obi-Wan beamed. Praise was common from his mentor, but he cherished it all the same.

“Xani?” Qui-Gon asked his apprentice, his hand on the young man’s arm. “Are you okay?”

Xanatos shook his head slowly. “Yes, Master. I just…I had a…a flash or a…a vision. I saw the boy, Obi-Wan. I saw him and I together, years from now.”

“Was I a Jedi?” Obi-Wan wondered out loud.

Xanatos smiled. “Yes, you were.”

Watching her son interact with the two Jedi and speak about wanting to become one himself, Shmi asked the one question which had always been on her mind very time Kallum mentioned Obi-Wan training as a Jedi.

“Will my boys…will they be allowed to come home?” she asked quietly. “Will I see my sons again?”

Again, before Qui-Gon could speak, Xanatos did. “You have my word, Milady. Obi-Wan and Anakin will be allowed to come home and see you.”

Rather than berating his apprentice in front of Shmi, Qui-Gon stayed quiet on the subject and moved on to something else.

“If you'll excuse us, Your Majesty, we’ll be heading back to our ship,” Qui-Gon told her. “We’re here for several more days. Think carefully, Milady. Here is our comm frequency. Contact us when you’ve made your decision.”

Shmi stood as the men left. She sighed deeply, unsure of her final choice. She needed to think, and grieve. Obi-Wan, Cyana and Anakin were the only things she had left of the two men she had loved.

Could she give them away to the Jedi? Could she say goodbye to her sons and be content with only her daughter? How long before she saw them again? Would they resent her decision, whatever she chose?

“Mum, are you okay?” Obi-Wan asked her.

Shmi smiled as brightly as possible. “Yes, I’m…I’m fine, my son. Come, let’s go back outside so you two can play.”

She followed her energetic children back out, still holding Anakin tightly. His bright blue eyes and blonde hair reminded her so much of Kallum. How she wished he could see their beautiful boy.

“I know what your answer would be, Kallum,” she whispered to herself. “But what is mine?”

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fascinating to see Xani in a positive light. In fics he's usually presented as darker but I like it! I also love seeing Shmi as a mom with three kids but with hard choices. @};- It does look like Obi-Wan's future is pretty set, but not necessarily. [face_thinking] And with Kallum's body never actually recovered, he could just be missing in action. [face_thinking]

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  14. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Nice job, Son. =D= You did really well with Shmi's emotions when Xanatos told her that Kallum had been killed. :) Definitely liked the small interaction between Xanatos and Obi-Wan. :)

15. Child_of_a_Jedi

May 11, 2015
    Thanks. :) I read the series of books with the Xanatos character and liked them, but thought he could have been utilized better as a light-side character.

Thanks, Mom!:)

So, this chapter isn't very long. As usual, my mom helped me a lot with the writing. :p I hope you enjoy.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Ewok Poet Not sure if you're still interested in reading, but if so, it's been updated. :)

Chapter Three

Several days later, after numerous meetings with her advisors and a lot of deep soul searching, Shmi had made the difficult decision to send her sons with the Jedi. She deeply believed Jarred and Kallum would support her decision.

“We know how difficult this is for you, Your Majesty,” Qui-Gon said softly as he took young Anakin into his arms.

The boy smiled and tugged gently on Qui-Gon’s beard.

“I doubt that, Master Jedi,” Shmi said softly as she fought the tears threatening to spill from her dark eyes.

Xanatos had knelt in front of Obi-Wan and the six-year old boy was absorbing every word the man was saying to him. A bond was already forming between the senior Jedi padawan and the child.

Shmi grasped Obi-Wan’s small hand in her own as she knelt down and pulled the child into her arms.

“Don’t worry, Mama,” the boy whispered. “We’ll see each other ‘gain.”

Shmi barely held back a sob at her son’s attempt at comfort. She pulled her eldest son into a tight hug and pressed a kiss to his temple.

“My beautiful little boy,” she whispered as she held him. “You’re going to grow strong and powerful. You’re going to have a future beyond this kingdom. Never forget how much I love you, Obi-Wan. Never forget.”

Obi-Wan sniffled just a bit. “I won’t, Mama. I promise.”

As she stood, Xanatos took Obi-Wan’s hand and led the boy from the room. Watching her eldest son depart, Shmi shifted her focus to her baby.

She took Anakin from Qui-Gon’s arms and cuddled the child close; her lips pressed to his forehead as she let her tears fall.

“You’ll never know how much your father and I loved you, Anakin,” she began. “How much I will always love you.”

The baby grinned, showing his three small teeth and reached out and patted his mother’s face. He quickly followed by leaning forward and pressing a gummy kiss to her cheek.

“I love you, Ani,” she whispered once more. “Always.”

She handed Anakin back to Qui-Gon, who took the boy gently. “If you need more time, we can…”

Shmi held up her hand. “No, Master Jedi. More time is the last thing I need. If you don’t go now, I…please, just go.”

With a nod of his head, Qui-Gon turned on his heels and headed from the room. He quickly exited the palace and found Xanatos and Obi-Wan outside playing. Xan was using the force to levitate some of Obi-Wan’s toy fighters.

“It’s time for our departure,” Qui-Gon told his apprentice. “We need to get to the ship.”

Xanatos looked back at the palace and for a moment he thought he saw Shmi watching, but then she was gone just as fast and he wasn’t sure he’d seen anyone at all. He shook his head and then smiled down at his young charge.

“Come along, Obi-Wan,” he said and reached for the small hand.

Obi-Wan skipped along beside his new friend for a few steps before he stopped and looked back. He then looked up at Xanatos.

“Mama coming?”

Xanatos almost called out to his master, but decided against it and reached down and picked the child up.

“No, little one, she’s not coming with us,” he began in a soft voice. “But, I promise you, we will come back and you’ll see your mother again.”

Obi-Wan began to cry softly. Xanatos patted his back and whispered soothing words, all the while walking further from the boy’s mother and the only life he’d ever known.

Days Later
    Naboo
    Beneath Theed Spaceport

The caverns beneath Theed Spaceport had been created when the waters of the Virdugo Plunge were rerouted underground to accommodate the construction of the spaceport itself. Very few people knew that there were several access points from the spaceport into the deep caverns below.

“Will he live?” a hooded man ventured.

“That remains unknown,” came the answer.

The hooded man stared down at the subject hooked to multiple machines in the make-shift medical facility. He was missing his left arm and he was very sick. His injuries were many and they had sapped his strength.

“Keep working,” the hooded man ordered. “It’s essential this man lives.”

A sharp nod and she went back to work on her patient while the hooded man left the caverns behind.

“Fight, Knight Skywalker,” the woman said softly. “If you have any fight left, use it now.”

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  16. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Nice job, Son. Great emotion from Shmi when saying goodbye to her sons.

So, Kallum is alive? Interesting. Can we assume that the robed man is Palpatine? Or is it someone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahara likes this.
  17. Jedi_Tyler

Jedi_Tyler Jedi Master star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    So, Obi-Wan and Anakin are off to see the wizard!! [face_blush] I mean, the Jedi Temple. :) I liked the scene with Shmi having her goodbyes with her boys. I was actually a little surprised she let them both go. :eek: Also loving the developing bond between Obi-Wan and Xanatos. I like the idea that he may train Obi-Wan rather than Qui-Gon. =D=

Now, Kallum being alive...^:)^ But I don't think it's gonna be a good thing. [face_nail_biting]

Great job!=D=

Kahara likes this.
  18. Skywalker_Angel

Skywalker_Angel Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2004
    Surprised Shmi gave both her boys to the Jedi.:eek: Nice to see the bond forming between Obi and Xanatos. Love those two characters!:)

Kahara likes this.
  19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Yup, I'm still following, but I kind of don't do the tags because they make me feel guilty when I can't form a thought that makes sense on time. But I do my best to get to it...I promise. ;)

You are throwing interesting premises around like there's no tomorrow and I can't wait to see where this will go.

Chapter Two

Schmi truly is a crused bride type. Wondering if her own Force-sensitivity has anything to do with that, but what I wonder even more is if Kallum's essence leaped straight into Anakin, as the tot was born at the same time daddy died. Also, hmmm...perhaps it's impossible for the two of them to exist at the same time?

Qui-Gon is on-spot here. While Xanatos does appear to be a bit confused by the breach of code, the good ol' rule-breaker is handling it like a boss.

But that said, Xanatos' vision was...creepy, to say the least! And if his name is anything to judge him by, we should watch him closely. With great interest. :p That said, I am not familiar with anything previously written about him, nor did I understand that he was an EC before I read Ny's comment, so...never mind. :D

Chapter 3

So, it's the Obi-Wan who bonds with his mother more here and Anakin is the one who will have no knowledge of having been taken away, unless his memory is the kind that some Force-sensitives have. Interesting reversal.

Love your bit of techbabble regarding the Theed spaceport.

And this mysterious man is...Kallum? So.many.reversals here.

Kahara likes this.
  20. Child_of_a_Jedi

May 11, 2015
    Author Note:

Hey everyone!:) I sort of abandoned this story when I needed to focus on school and making sure I didn't fall even further behind after my accident. Fortunately, I managed to catch up with help from so many people and I am a senior in high school this year; right where I should be.[face_party]Well, mostly. I was held back early in my educational career. [face_blush]

Now, I have more time to be here, hopefully. I intend to pick back up with this story, with help from my mom, @JediMaster_Jen, of course.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello! :eek: An accident? Glad you're better after that. And happy you're on track school wise. :D
    I left the boards for a while due to having issues with the new canon [face_laugh] - discovered I still loved fanfictions and came back in mid 2017. So I'll be watching this thread again. @};- [face_party]

Child_of_a_Jedi and Ewok Poet like this.
  22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Very well done @Child_of_a_Jedi. Glad you are on the mend and were able to get up to speed with school.

Felt you nailed Qui-Gon wonderfully and there's a lot of interesting intrigue. So Obi-Wan and Anakin are brothers? Wonderful. Also like how realistic Shmi was in being a wife and mother.

Looking forward to more.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  23. Child_of_a_Jedi

May 11, 2015
    Yeah, bad accident. I was injured pretty badly, along with a friend and his mom, who was driving. We were hit by a drunk driver. Another friend in our car was killed. :( Long story, short--it was a long road, but I'm much better now.

As for the new canon--issues is a nice way to put it. [face_laugh] I don't much care for it myself. I'd invested a lot of time growing up in the EU and wasn't at all excited to see it all swept away.

Thanks for watching this thread. I'm gonna try to get this story up and running again soon.

Thanks! I wasn't sure I had Qui-Gon down at all. :) Glad you like it so far.

Next chapter will be along shortly. Just putting some finishing touches on it.

24. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    This is epic! Really promising start. Would dearly love a ping when you update this :)

Keep up the excellent work.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  25. Child_of_a_Jedi

May 11, 2015
    OMG! It's been so long since I've even logged into this site let alone given this story any thought at all. [face_plain] Graduating from high school and then going off to college took all of my time and focus and it was only in browsing through old files a few days ago after getting my new office in my new apartment set up that I came across this story. I did a few Star Wars things in my creative writing class at school, but truth be told, this piece never even crossed my mind and I find that sad because I loved it when I started it. I suppose I still do. :) I don't have a lot of time anymore for sitting down and writing fan fiction but I certainly haven't lost my love for the fandom itself.

So, before I get too long-winded here (it's going to happen anyway!:cool:), let me say a hearty thank you to everyone and anyone who read this story. I am going to try and update it. I have no idea when that will be, nor do I have any inkling of what an actual update schedule might look like. I still have all my notes on where I wanted to take it, so at least there's that. :p It's been close to eight years since I hit the post button on this fic, and I can't promise it won't take that long again to finish it. I hope it won't. But, if it does, in advance, big thanks to everyone and anyone who continues to read it. [:D]