main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Even Piell Centre for Canon and Continuity Catastrophes

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Arrian, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    My bad... nothing to see here folks. <<;

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Fortunately that's not the case.

It doesn't. That doesn't answer anything.

So what? You can still read Fate of the Jedi without watching the series. And guess what, you can also ignore Fate of the Jedi aswell, if you want to. And just because this show adds to canon, doesn't make those additions bad.

Then they've made their choice.

That's not the case here. It contradicts some things, but then again, that's nothing new when it comes to EU.

And just because some of their work was retconned or made non-canon makes it disrespectful? Every Star Wars writer (according to one of them on this same forum) has written on it's contract that their work can be made non-canon by Lucasfilm. They've accepted the contract, therefore they can't complain about it.

They? No, you want. And just because you think it's mediocre, doesn't make it a fact.

I don't see the correlation. And their posts only prove that there is none.

And where did I tell anyone where and how should they post? I questioned their participation, not told them to go somewhere else.

I don't decide anything and never claimed to. But prove me wrong, if you can.

How exactly?

3. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Mod edit: Trolling and baiting post was removed. Knock it off!

GGrievous likes this.
  4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I know full well that TCW exists, I just treat the universe like TCW doesn't exist, because "I was happy where I was" when it came to the Clone Wars before TCW showed up and started making a lot of sweeping changes with far reaching implications. Unfortunately, acting like TCW doesn't exist means the Clone Wars as I see it will most likely never have anymore works.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Mod edit: Trolling and baiting post was removed. Knock it off. You have been warned.

6. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    When I say "educate," I mean inform people who may not know what TCW is doing to the Clone Wars, no more, no less. TCW has negative implications on the future of the EU, because if they can completely redo the Clone Wars, what's next, redo the post-RotJ era? TFU already contributed to this trend by making the founding of the Alliance to Restore the Republic into a Sith plot to destroy opposition.

The Clone Wars multimedia project is being swept aside for no reason whatsoever. I am losing my respect for George Lucas as a great artist, because he refuses to leave other people's work alone, in such a manner that defies comprehension.

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't think something being slightly altered and almost entirely retained constitutes being swept aside.

8. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    The Clone Wars multimedia project covers the entire Clone Wars, but now it is little more than a footnote. What else can I call it?

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Being slightly altered and almost entirely retained?

10. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    There is nothing slightly altered and almost entirely retained about it. Condensing the Clone Wars multimedia project into a matter of months removes most of the meaning it once had.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Do you think if GL were to come out and say he's decided that ANH now takes place one week earlier in the SW timeline than it originally did that it would destroy the meaning of the story? If not, how would that be different?

12. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    This should put everything into perspective.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    That fits squarely into the premise of my question and does not answer it.

14. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    The Clone Wars multimedia project was written to bridge the gap between AotC and RotS. It covers three years, with Anakin spending two and a half years as a Padawan, he was on Jabiim for about a month (as seen in the Republic comic arc Last Stand on Jabiim). The multimedia project was written with very specific timeline placement in mind, so there is no way all of it can happen in four weeks.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    There are several posts in the new thread about this specific topic by people who know more than me about it that suggest otherwise.

16. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    The basic truth is that the timeline has been significantly altered. There's no denying that. In a way, it's a bit of an insult considering how meticulous the original Clone Wars timeline was established, for the most part. Yet that's what we're given.

Now with what we're given, you can look at it two ways: Everything's been screwed up or everything's been included. I'm in the latter camp. While as I said before, the compression of the timeline might be a bit annoying and require some willing acceptance on the part of fans, it means that everything is still being counted. All the good stories from the old...multimedia project...still exist, and remain a meaningful part of the universe. And it's truth, also, that it doesn't require quite as much shuffling as has been suggested. Most of the stuff out there can be reallocated along the timeline in different places since it doesn't deal specifically with Anakin and Obi-Wan at a time when Anakin's Padawan status is integral to the story. Only the First Battle of Kamino, the Battle of Jabiim and the surrounding storyline (Rattatak, Aargonar), Jedi Trial, the micro-series' first season, and the Battle of Zaadja are effected, if I'm not mistaken, and only the plot of Jabiim takes up any lengthy span of time.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  17. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    When I think of the Clone Wars timeline, all I can see is the timeline from Republic Commando: Hard Contact and the works consistent with that timeline, no more, no less.

18. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Enough with the childish remarks, Alex & Mia... there are million ways to get your points across without picking at each other. If you can't find one that works, then give it a rest for a day.

19. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    I meant what I said about being through, and intend to take it no further. I would expect that to be the end of it.

20. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    This debate wan't even anywhere near heated

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I dunno, it seems like this thread is getting consumed by this debate we have going in circles here. When a debate has degenerated into both sides pointing fingers at one another for trolling that's a sign its over. Move on guys.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Not a bad idea:p - I've never liked that era too much. Thrawn-trilogy is okay but the rest is not for my liking really.I would gladly see that era redone. I know many who would never want to see that though.

23. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, the timeline has sadly been butchered and it's pretty apparent. One of the issues that I might see coming out of this is a Chee pro-TCW stance when it comes down to what gets eliminated or not. Already Chee is suggesting that he's going to remove Rogue's Gallery because of TCW's retcon of "Grievous and Ventress meeting for the first time." Honestly, judging from Grievous' dialogue, IIRC he didn't say "I look forward to seeing you for the first time." If they didn't say anything in that 'secretz revealed!11' section on SW.com, then Rogue's Gallery would've been fine.

Zeta1127 and Esg like this.
  24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I am one who would just rather have it not exist. I find that era a ten times worse than what happens now with TCW or in the previous CW era EU. But the post-RotJ EU is just too silly and ridiculous most of the times.

25. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I would enjoy this, but I would say to start pre-Jedi Academy. The books that followed after Thrawn/Dark Empire I were terrible, but even some of the books set before that era were kinda terrible.

EDIT: Yes, I like Dark Empire.

rumsmuggler likes this.