main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The eventual deaths of OT characters

Discussion in 'Literature' started by kaijueiga, Feb 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    #1 You're right it's conjecture BASED on the original storyline that was laid out.

#2 IT'S NOT FREAKING SPOILERS WHEN IT'S 25 YEARS OLD!!!

2. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    episode 2 and 3 was originally set up 25 YEARS AGO and you are going to try to tell me that because it is old, there can be no episode 2 and 3 spoilers either?

3. Darth_Infamous

Jan 30, 2002
    Not one thing I have stated IS DIRECTLY WHAT HAPPENS!! Use your brain dude. It's a story line, WE ALL KNOW the storyline for EP2 and EP3. So don't tell me what I said is a spoiler. We knew the story line for the PT BEFORE ANY of it was even thought to be filmed. We knew it would be the story of how Anakin falls to the darkside. Come on man, now you're getting ridiculous.

4. very-superior

Feb 11, 2002
    No I don't know the story line for ep2 and 3. I have worked very hard to make sure I didn't. I know that Anakin to Vader, Palpy emperor, Clone Wars, but thats all I know. All I'm saying is do

**Spoiler Warning**

or is that too difficult for you?

5. GenoSuke

GenoSuke Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2002
    That Time Tales thing would make a great EU series. Espeacially since it is a plot created by George Lucas himself.

Death of OT characters doesn't bother me cuz I get more enjoyment out of reading stories about new EU characters and minor players from the OT, with maybe a speacial appearance by Luke or whoever now and then.

Besides IMO the NJO style and tone doesn't really suit the the OT heroes anyway.

6. Darth_Infamous

Jan 30, 2002
    Superior, I didn't give an in depth portrayal of anything that would warrant the spoiler tag. That's final. It's not a spoiler if it's been around for over a year right? IE no more SBS spoiler tags are required. HENCE, no spoiler tag was required here, it's not my fault you've kept yourself secluded from Timetales, and the storyline that was ORIGINALLY laid out by Lucas himself. So quit your complaining about the lack of a spoiler tag. It wasn't required.

7. very-superior

Feb 11, 2002
    Thats final. You think you are my wife or something? You think you can tell me what to do or when to stop? You should have used a spoiler tag, simply because IT IS A SPOILER. The topic is "The eventual deaths of OT characters" not a Anakin Solo thread were SbS can be discussed openly. If I wanted timetales spoilers I would open a timetales thread. But I came in here wanting to discuss along the lines of Chewie's death and I got way off track when I read your spoiler.

8. Darth_Infamous

Jan 30, 2002
    no matter what you say, any story line that's been laid out and made available to the public for over 25 years IS NOT a spoiler.

9. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Spoiler rules for this forum only apply until two months (admin correct me if I'm wrong) after it is released. So Darth_Infamous is right and s/he can talk about something Lucas said 25 years ago without putting "Spoiler"

10. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    I feel like I'm stating the obvious here, but oh well.

They won't kill of Luke, Leia or Han until they are absolutely certain that they have totally exhausted their characters, which probably won't happen until the end of the EU (post-ROTJ). That's why they can't be killed yet, because they clearly want to continue the series after the NJO.

Also, many people would stop reading the EU if these three died (or any one of them for that matter). They'll probably leave it until they feel that the 'next generation' (Jaina, Jacen, Ben etc.) is sufficiently developed and liked by the readers before they dare to touch Luke, Leia or Han. I believe this is one of the main aims behind the NJO.

11. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Well the OT characters will die. But the only concern i have is with the EU authors and how they do it. Obviously the best idea is if Lucas was to write the novels himself and finish off his characters the best way he sees fit.
    I do worry with the unwarranted death of such a major EU characters such as Anakin Solo (who had all this development yet it was wasted)who someone like Luke is dealt with.
    Oh well Maybe one day Lucas may give his own view on how his originl characters died. Then the EU authors can stuff their own story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.