main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC *~ The Ewan MacGregor Spam Club of the JCC ~*~

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    slightly_unhinged, Zapdos, duende

We gather here to discuss the cracking of knuckles and vertebrae; and the satisfying pop of joints when one stretches.

I named our club in honour of joint popping enthusiast and Scot, Ewan MacGregor. He is not to be confused with the actor, Ewan McGregor.

To open this thread I popped all my knuckles and had an amazing neck crack, with two deep thudding sensations emanating from within.

Zapdos likes this.
  2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm bending my big toe in MacGregor's honour. // click //

3. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    He'd be happy. I just popped the knee, to loosen it up.

Zapdos, in Norway, do they sound more like pøp?

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  4. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Thanks Ender Sai, that other thread was creeping me out.

No cracking joints here. I think I must have some kind of genetic defect. Might have to start cracking other people's joints, although I suspect the 'elf and safety muppet would quickly ban me from armbars and such.

5. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    no, they don't. at least not mine. ø is sort of like the sound in.. umm.
    it would be cool if i could make it pøp some time though.

so. guys. i've always wanted to pop my neck. how can i make that happen?

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Can I post hot steamy pics of Ewan MacGregor and write paragraphs of hot steamy knuckle cracking action that I experience?

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No, not after editing my post! You are anti-cracking one out, and I intend to splash that information across the JC, come what may.

Ender Sai likes this.
  8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Loosen it up from side to side, then circle. Should pop if you haven't for a while.

Just don't do the thing people do where they grab their head and pull it. Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

9. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i can't even remember when/how i started popping my cervical vertebrae. my guess is that it happened by accident once and then i started trying to figure out how to purposefully do it. i used to do it by keeping my head upright, neck straight and then pushing my head to the side, but that would eventually cause my shoulder muscles to tighten up and become sore, so i stopped doing it that way.

today i had a lot of mid-back pops - not too many in the lumbar area, which is unusual. a couple knee pops, some neck pops of course. my left thumb's saddle joint i managed to pop like five times today, which is ridiculous. oh, i also managed to do the right one today for the first time, but no luck since then.

also, i realized today that the middle knuckles on each of my fingers "reset" really quickly, maybe even faster than my toes.

Zapdos likes this.
  10. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    a friend of mine's wake up routine is popping every joint in his entire body, from the toes to the neck. i'm so jealous! i should propose so i can wake up to that every day. or learn to do it myself. the latter would be best since feeling the pop is even better than hearing it.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I've started this thing where if I'm in a meeting and my hands are pushed together like I'm praying to the invisible love fairy Jebus, i push one finger against it's opposing counter part and pop them that way.

So good.

12. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    in my experience the pop doesn't really generate any kind of feeling or sensation on its own - it's more like a general sense of satisfaction or something like that. i'm not over here having knuckle-popping orgasms or anything.

ender - so no significant movement of the fingers at all? that sounds like magic.

13. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    i am

Ender Sai likes this.
  14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Not much - if you compare it to the interlaced fingers, stretch out, poppity pop pop it's barely anything at all.

I do get a good feeling of released tension from a properly solid back or neck cracking. If the neck crack is a deep, thudding sensation... so magical.

15. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Had BJJ practice on Saturday, got a good popping noise from an arm bar. Getting someone on their back and cracking their joints while they wriggle around is pretty awesome.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I can crack every single one of my toes if I am running outside. It's joyful and wondrous!

17. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    i finally figured out how to pop the second joint on my big toes! i mean it was like eight months ago but it was a big breakthrough.

18. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh my God for a second I thought Ender was back and posted a new thread. Don't scare me like that!

harpua likes this.
  19. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    back? where did he go?

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Banned... indefinitely, man

solojones likes this.
  21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    To JC hell.

22. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    oh. i wonder if he figured out how to crack his boner. he's been trying for years now.

harpua likes this.
  23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    He's on FB... go ask him.

24. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    i don't have a FB. we talked about this.

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Oh yeah... sorry. Do you want me to ask him for you?