main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton The FanFilm revival thread: Edmontooine presents ''The Corellian: Part 1'' ***UPDATED August 21***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red_Right_Hand

Red_Right_Hand Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2002
    In regards to filming, what kind of hardware will be used (camera), and what format (Mini DV,etc.)

2. Red_Right_Hand

Red_Right_Hand Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2002
    I know that i have been somewhat out of the loop for a while, but i would still love to help out with this project in any way that i can.

Indy, i can sketch pretty good, but i'm not sure when i'll be around, as of right now i'm in Lac La Biche sorting out some stuff for a couple of days, but I should be in Edmonton within the following week for sure.

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I nominate Troy for the part.

4. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    So I take it that you would vote for not waiting Berx? :)

Indy

5. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Well you guys won't likely be able to use the sandpit if you did wait. Unless my homework load isn't as bad as I've been told (it will be). As non band members you'd get kicked out as soon as you were found. If you wanted to try though I wouldn't stop ya. You could also shoot in a different location, which is fine with me. I just won't be able to participate.

6. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    I know I could definitely use the extra time for the costuming....although as Indy said there are ways around not having anything new for this film. I'm just so busy at work....but I'm going to do the best I can for you guys as promised. Hopefully I can get someone to take me out this week to find fabric.

7. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    I've thought about it, and I think that we should look into doing it earlier rather than later.

As for WHO it could be, I'd like to schedule a time when we can get together with Ky-Wan. Jekiso needs to be athletic, and although I haven't met him, I'm sure he would fit the bill better than me. I appreciate the nomination, Berks, but I don't think I'd be able to pull the part off properly. Ky-Wan's experience may just be what we need for the villain (our own personal Ray Park ;) ).

8. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Quick update:

I am done the editing on the rough copy, but due to the ugly weather every evening last week, I was unable to get some of the fine tuning done (damn lightning) as the evenings is when I have my free time (after the Jawas are in bed)

That being said, I should have a "sneak peek" online for sometime tonight, and I should have a better idea when I can have the whole thing up by then.

Also:

ALEX I am still waiting for you to send me those pictures of ships that you said you were going to send a couple weeks ago.

Indy

9. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well it seems we are definately going to be recasting Jekiso then, if everybody is wanting to get this done ASAP.

I guess it boils down to if we can get Jason to play the role, and if we are going to be able to work out a shooting schedule with him, since he has Sunday/Monday off. Or, if needs be, we can simply re-write the part of Jekiso and take out the "jump" so that it will be more easy to play the character for anyone who might want to.

As far as costumes go Terry and Angela, I wouldn't fret too much about them. I do have a robe that I can use, and I am sure we will be able to dig something up for Jekiso to wear, if that is what ends up happening. So don't stress about it too much, because while the costumes will be nice to have, they aren't a necessity.

I am going to hit Home Depot tonight and get some prices on materials to create our lightsabers, I'll update when I get home.

Indy

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I guess if we really need to we can do this in September. I would have to wait to give an exact date for when I'm available though.

EDIT: This isn't a vote for or against August or September. I'll just try and be a little more flexible if it works out better to do it in September.

I just want to get this thing done! :)

11. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    I know what you mean!

If Jason won't be able to do it, I'll give it a shot. Some things will probably have to be reworked in that case...

12. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Sounds good...

I stopped at Home Depot last night (just forgot to post) and looks like everything to make the fighting sabers is going to be around 35-40 bucks. Not sure what we are going to do for our "show" sabers, probably just use the one I made for Imax, and maybe Terry and Alex will let us use theirs as well.

Indy

13. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Meeting Summary for August 13, 2003:

• Shooting dates of August 30th and 31st have been confirmed, with washout dates of September 6th and 7th in case of severe rain.

• Terry and Alex are going to bring their mock lightsaber hilts to the next meeting so that we can model the fighting sabers after them.

• Everybody is requested to dig through their closets for some clothes for Jekiso. Bring anything that is dark and ratty!

• Alex is going to look into the costs of renting a Boom Microphone for shooting

• Terry and Troy are going to arrange to meet for a makeup test for Jekiso

• We decided to see how the "Train" music from Shadows of the Empire will fit in with our film. If you have any other suggestions, please speak up! :)

• We are still undecided on an actual Title for our film, so suggestions are needed.

Indy

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    "Test Film" :p

15. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
  16. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I would recommend looking into using ADR processing. The end product will ultimately sound better. :D

17. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Summary of August 20th meeting:

• With Alex on holiday, it has fallen to me to check out prices on the boom microphone. Also there will be no 3-D previews for at least another week as he didn't get them done.

• Shanna is going to get some hula-hoops from work and we are going to pin some white sheets to them to use as light reflectors.

• Troy had some concerns about having time to rehearse before shooting begins, but we decided against putting it off for the simple reason that we would rather put something less than perfect on film, rather than not get ANYTHING on film by having it fall through if we made it a later date.

• We are still looking for a small trampoline, so if you have one or can get one, please speak up!!!

• John is going to create a new set of information sheets for each shot so that we know where the camera is going to be for every scene to be gone over with the Shooting Crew for next meeting.

• Still looking for a wig for Jekiso to wear.

• John is going to purchase the supplies for the actual fight sabers this week. If everybody could maybe bring some moolah to help cover the costs of this, it would be appreciated.

• We will probably be parking at Berx's house and only taking a few vehicles to location. John can also provide rides from the city out there; Terry and Shanna are already confirmed, but he has room for probably 2 more if we scrunch... :)

Indy

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Sounds good to me. The trucks still not running quite right but it should be good to go for me to do some scouting on sunday. I'll have a location report then.

I should have some $$$ for the next meeting to help out with... whatever. I'll put in about 10-20 just for the hell of it.

Also, John if anything else needs doing I'm only the location guy. I can handle more duties if you need.

19. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Thanks Berx! Both for the offer of cash and any additional help!

I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now (kids have got me worn down today) but you can do whatever you want to help out... :)

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Uh, okay... what needs doing?

21. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Well, here's some bad news.

I work today (Saturday). I have company from High Level (8 1/2 hours north) that plans to stay until next Friday.

My dad (who lives in Peace River) was going to come this weekend, but when he found out that I have company, he said that he is going to come next weekend, because he "doesn't want to share me".

What that means is next weekend is out now, also. Not only does that mean that I have no time for reheasals, but I won't even make the filming weekend at all.

Therefore, I would like to nominate Berkley for the role of Jekiso! I think he'd do a great job!

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    LOCATION REPORT:

The location we're using for filming hasn't been touched. I found out that the band is going to be using the old sandpit to haul sand out of to repair the roads. They work there during the week so as long as we only film on the weekend then there should be no problem.

Well, I've been considering this and I guess if you guys really need me to play Jekiso then I'll do it. Just remember I've never acted a day in my life :)

23. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well thanks a bunch for bailing us out, Berx. That would have really sucked if we would have had to cancel filming the movie because we only got a weeks notice that one of our actors couldn't show up. We would have been in a real pickle, even though this has been planned for months now!

And don't worry too much about the acting, I haven't done much of it myself... :)

This is also going to present a change in costuming requirements...

I also wanted to do a double check to find out exactly who is coming to work on the FanFilm this weekend for SURE. Please post here if you KNOW that you are coming.

Thanks.

Indy

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    For the movie? yes. For the filming? I kinda hafto :p

(btw, what time are we going to crash your place to watch LOTR?)

EDIT: Also, if no one has a problem with it, can I be in charge of music?

25. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    It's fine by me if you want to be in charge of adding some music to the film.

However there may be a practical problem with it as far as editing goes.

Music is the kind of thing that you use when you are editing a film... scene breaks and such need to line up with the music timewise; ie: you can't have one that is longer than the other, or it just doesn't look and sound right. Imagine if the Imperial March was cut off halfway though, or if they ran out of music during the battle between the Rebels and AT-ATs on Hoth?

That being said, there are, of course, ways to work around such problems. I am assuming you have an idea of what music you would like during certain parts of the film. If you can give me a writeup of what songs you want to use, along with album name, time in mark, time out mark, and a general feel of where you want them to start and end visually, I can then edit the film with the music in mind.

Of course you might have an idea of what you want, but nothing concrete... then we could do it a bit differently, with you recieving an edit of the film, and you figuring out what music you want where, and then we can re-edit the film to make the music fit in as far as extending or trimming scenes by a few frames or whatever needs to be done.

Let me know what you think, I am sure we will be able to work out some sort of system that works... :)

Indy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.