main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The fate of the post-Legacy galaxy

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SpecForce Trooper, Sep 5, 2017.

1. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Oh surely. I do wonder what became of the Hand. The Imperials and Chiss just kind of agreed to get them out of the way and split the gains?

2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Probably. The Empire of the Hand really wasn't going to survive on its own.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  3. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    We know there is a New Plympto. Is there an old Plympto?

4. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

5. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Plympto is a minor system on the Corellian Trade Spine according to Coruscant and the Core Worlds; the more recent Suns of Fortune says that Plympto 'inspired' the naming of the New Plympto system because their respective stars were similar in size and color.

6. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Ach, danke. I figured that there was probably just some old fashioned colonialism going on.

7. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Also the Fel Empire and GA are the top dogs, but do they have the means to enforce order? I feel like unless they were united beforehand and defected to Roan Fel, the opportunistic Moffs would just go warlord once more. They'd be nowhere near the power of the Fel Empire and GA for sure, but in my mind I think the Triumvirate will be fairly limited too, nowhere near Galaxy-wide projecting capabilities. The collaborationist forces would jump ship to Stazi quickly, so the GA will be bolstered, the Fel Empire will have a lot of defections back to it, but I still don't think literally everyone is going to recognise Marasiah and Stazi, not if they didn't gather them for their strike. I think if there weren't two rushed endings we likely would've seen an assembly of forces, and possibly a bigger and longer lasting war.

8. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    With Krayt's death and his sith troopers going haywire and Nihl ordering the sith to flee I imagine the war quickly wrapped up and any holdouts or centers of resistance were crushed quickly and decisively.

Thinking of the future of the galaxy I wonder how long a unified government will tolerate the continued existence of the Hutt Cartels. Quite frankly Hutt Space needs to be crushed and some sense of order given as the Hutts seem to always profit from disorder and crime.

kalzeth likes this.
  9. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I don't see the Hutts going out any time soon. The Hutts helped defeat Krayt and will probably be important in the wrap-up and rebuilding. Maybe later when the galaxy can afford to be independent they can start talking about crushing the Hutts. If it's right after Legacy it would only seem like a cold betrayal.

10. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah but they've been a negative influence on galactic society ever since well they adopted the philosophy of Kajidic more than 15,000 years before the battle of yavin. I'd like to see them get their reckoning.

SpecForce Trooper and Havoc123 like this.
  11. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    The were already getting slave rebellions during Daala's administration. Only way I see they survived was Fel Empire and GA being too distracted in their Cold War. Now though? They could be finished off.

12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    That would be a good thing for the Galaxy to hope for.

Maybe by 150 ABY or something you might see a punitive campaign against the Hutts with the aim of removing them from power and destroying their criminal empire.

They'd probably need to install military governors and start restricturing the economy and society of Hutt space.

13. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I don't see the Hutts lasting long, though it must be said that the Hutts fought with the Allies in the Civil War. I can't imagine the Triumvirate would turn on their friends too quickly. Though with the good intentions of the Alliance, Empire and Jedi the Hutts would hopefully be considered a problem waiting to be dealt with.

14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The Hutts if we take legacy into account apparently weathered the slave revolts of the FOTJ era and still maintain their criminal influence.

If the Sith are finally dealt with or enter a long period of hiding-it could be the oppurtunity the triumvirate needs to deal the Hutts are crushing blow.

kalzeth likes this.
  15. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    What's really interesting is how all those returning Chiss would have influenced Chiss society. It's been a strongly insular and defensive culture for all of recent history, but now they'd be a large number of Chiss who disagree with that philosophy who've had time to become organized and a power in their own right, and it's hard to imagine that they'd be content to just obediently go back to the old ways.

In my headcanon, the GA follows up on the slave uprisings of the Daala era by finally becoming serious about cracking down on the slave trade, which includes challenging the Hutts. And the X-wing books after Mercy Kill feature the Wraiths on the front lines of that effort, as part of a space version of the Royal Navy West Africa Squadron from the nineteenth century.

Of course, my headcanon doesn't take into account the Legacy era very much.

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The Chiss who have spent more time in the wider Galaxy returning to the ascendancy would probably have more cosmopolitan less defensive views.

They wouldn't have the chiss's traditional arrogance and degree of xenophobia.

And they'd be interested in bringing the ascendancy out of its isolation and having it interacting with the wider Galaxy.

This could lead to a schism in Chiss society between the more insular members and the more outgoing members.

kalzeth likes this.
  17. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    A blockade of Hutt Space might be more practical than an invasion. With the abundance of interdictors in the Imperial Navy it wouldn't be too hard to make the Hutts feel pressure. Cut off the Hutt's routes and they would have to bend to the Triumvirate's laws.

18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    A full blockade would be hard to maintain long term.