main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The FFC Holiday Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by halibut, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Here we talk about where we've been on holiday, where we're going, and where we'd like to go :)

We've just booked a week in Tenerife (Canary Islands) leaving on Christmas Day and coming back on New Year's Day. It's our first proper family holiday, and the first time the kids will ever have been on an aeroplane. We've got a private villa with its own swimming pool, and I am SO excited :D :D

But it means we've got a stupid amount of saving to do as we're a low-income family. But as I usually depise Christmas with a passion, I think it'll be great fun :D

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    That sounds really cool, especially the part with the villa and the pool.

I love travelling, unfortunately I don't have the economy at the moment. In fact all my trips since 2002 have been SW or fanforce-related in some way. I would love to do a pure "sun and relax" - trip this summer, without having any certain goals or things to achieve durig the holiday.

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    That sounds amazing! I've always loved taking vacations with the kids over Christmas, I'd rather make that part of their gift than buy more "stuff". Don't forget to take loads of pics. When you're chilling out by the pool, it'll be well worth the saving efforts.[:D]

I was supposed be in So.CA this past week with my kids, because of some changes in my work I opted not to go. That meant I lost $ on the airfare, I'm really unhappy about that part. It's been hard to fit in a "real" vacation because I've been making the several trips to Chicago every year.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That sounds wonderful!!

Well, Hanukkah isn't a big enough deal to warrant a trip, Thanksgiving everyone comes here, and my holidays are usually in the middle of a week and always when papers are due, so no holiday trips for me :p However, I would like to get to Israel before I graduate (or before the whole area blows itself up), study abroad for a semester, and get to New York one or two (or more) times for summer internships (though not this coming summer).

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Hal, that sounds great. :D

I'm with Johanna, I would like to do a 'sun, beach and relax' holiday this year. Not sure if that's possible, but we'll see. :)

6. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I have planned ina loose sense, three holidays: one week writing with my best friend, two weeks Bulgarian sun at my parents 8maybe with my sis) and one week with my bf hopefully in Scotland. (Okay, will probably end up ebing Juist...:p )

And the first holiday is about fix. My cousin (owning a guset house in the Vorgese mountains) said she'll take my and my best friend in for the alst week of March.[face_dancing] We'll pack all out notes, laptops, paper and pens and have a week of writing fun!:D

Oh, if you want to have a look at the guest house: here it is.
    I know it's German, should I have linked the French version?[face_batting]

7. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Whoa! Lanna, it looks like there's room for me too.[face_batting]

That looks incredible!

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    It looks lovely! Especially with the snow.

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That one looks really good, Lanna. Especially it seems that there's not much else to do like shopping, cinema, etc. ;)

No news on my end, but I wanted to say that I'm looking forward to my two days holiday in the end of the week (read: Weekend). ;) :p

10. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I booked my flight for the summer. two weeks in Bulgaria, here I come! :cool: [face_dancing]
    It was darn expensive though. At first I didn't think i coudl afford it, but with the tax returns, i should be able to manage. *phew*

And only two weeks until I go to visit my cousin.:D

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Only one more week and then I have some days off. But... I still don't know where to go, what to do and what I can effort. I just know that I don't want to stay at home the whole time.

Need more ideas!!

Soon!

12. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    No suggestions here. [face_plain] Sorry.

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
  14. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I don't live in Europe, so I have nothing to suggest. [face_plain]

15. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I would go south to the mountains, find a nice little hotel/hostel preferably with a pool or bathing facility close by.

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Going south is a good option! Mountains are wonderful to look at as well. Maybe I should think about this idea. So far I focused on something like 'sun, beach, water, sport'.

17. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I was going to suggest the beach.

18. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    My in-laws offered to take us to Belize many years ago. I'm turning the screws now to go for 2012. They've got some great pyramids there.

19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Skiara, if you have enought time then I would head for Gardasee in Italy, there you have mountains, beaches and it's just simply a wonderful.

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I've never been to Gardasee before and I always thought that's more for old people... What can one do there? Sport as well? :confused:

21. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    there's a lot of windsurfing, you can also hike in the mountains. From a town called Malcesine you can take a lift straight up to the top and walk around, it's really nice. Also since it's Italy there are a lot of people on bikes everywhere.

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Windsurfing sounds cool, but I'm not a fan of hiking... [face_blush]

23. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Now I went to thousands travel bureaus and websites and haven't found nothing that fits, not even close to. Some even not mentioned Gardasee. It seems that I'll stay at home for the whole three weeks of holidays. :(

24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Ok, I'm saying this because I'd love to go there myself, but Pustertal in northern Italy is also really nice. Not much of bathing though, the only lake is Antholzer See and it's freezing even in the summer. It's a beautiful part of the Alps though. I've translated a full webpage for the tourist association in Southern Tirol, and they definitely mentioned a lot of sports and activites that you could do there.

25. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    During the last days I checked whatever I could think about to find a nice offer. I even went to the airport today, but... nothing! Unless I would love to pay a fortune. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.