main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Firefly/Serenity thread

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by DewbackRider88, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Seeing as how my red dwarf thread pretty much died (:p ) i thought id start a thread on firefly and serenity (didnt want to keep them as seperate threads)

Seeing as i know we have a few browncoats on the boards, this thread should breathe a bit of life back into the regional boards.

If you've seen it, discuss. If not, WHY NOT!?!?! ARE YOU INSANE! :eek:

(although i only just finished watching the entire serise not 1 hour ago, 14 episodes in 3 days!!)

2. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    I watched all Forefly over 3 days too, for the first time, finished a couple of days ago!

Really grabs you from the first episode and didn't let me stop until I'd seen them all. I saw the film before the series though, on advance previews, and I thought it wasn't bad, nothing to shout about, but I want to see it again now. :)

The episode "Out of Gas" made me very nearly cry. :_| I am dissapointed it's all over. One of the best written and executed series I've ever seen. If it was still going, it might even beat Battlestar Galactica to my favourite! :eek:

3. Glass_Onion

Glass_Onion Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2005
    Not got around to watching Firefly yet. Saw Serenity and it was quite a good film, I'll need to try and get a copy can't remember much of it.

4. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Same as you guys, i saw serenity first. I thought it was a good film, but it didnt hook me like 'serenity' the pilot episode did.

It has Joss Whedon's comic timing and love all over it. Im even shunning Levar Burton at C9 so that i can meet Alan Tudyk and get my box set signed.

I may have found a new thing for me to be a fan-boy about. First came star wars, then lord of the rings, now its firefly.

I really want to watch serenity again, but as i may be seeing it next sunday at C9, i dont want to spoil the excitment.

5. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    My love for Firefly actually begane before the series came out.

I was on holiday in America with my family and I was watching tv and an advert came on. It was cool, it was sci-fi and it was from the creator of Buffy, a show which I had been a mega fan of.

Thought it looked funky and, upon returning to England, I listened out for any news about Firefly coming to the UK.

All I got was one minute of "Our Mrs Reynolds" before someone changed the channel.

Then movie came out, saw movie, got Firefly for Christmas and have been lending Serenity to people at every oppertunity to get more fans on the Brownside.

6. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Lol i hear ya twinky. My mate sophie saw serenty 'bout same time i did, and its got her pretty excited.

Now all i have to do is lend her firefly and she'll be a browncoat too :cool:

P.S im serving mudders milk in the pub if anyone wants a glass or four lol

7. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Serenity owns :) Its really well done, comical, gripping and there needs to be more episodes...DAMN THE PEOPLE WHO CANCELLED IT!!! DAMN THEM ALL!!!

8. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Best Film Ever. Best TV Series Ever.

I saw the Pilot Episode of Firefly first, got hooked, then went out and bought Serenity the movie, got more hooked, and I'm now up to Ariel (Hooray for the internet, Salisbury doesn't sell the DVD's).

I just love River. Cute + Psycho = HAWT

9. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004

Really? You dont live anywhere near a WHSmith?

Cause their selling the boxset for £13.99. Thats why i got mine the other day, the amazing price

10. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    We have a Smiths. And a Virgin. And an MVC. And a Silverscreen. None of them have it stocked, and the staff think I'm crazy because I'm asking for a bug in a DVD shop :p

11. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Well you should be able to order it in (although virgin are still selling it for over £30!!)

Dunno bout smiths, can you order in from there?

And besides, C9 next weekend, you'll find it there for sure :p

12. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Yeah, but I think I prefer the way I'm getting them now. A great deal less expensive ;)

13. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Yea, but you cant get a downloaded file signed. :p

And surround sound kicks ass! :cool: Along with the special features

14. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Yeah, it'd help if I had a real TV or surround system, and whilst features are cool, I don't know what's on there. I'll probably get it anyway, eventually :p

15. To_Mega_Therion

To_Mega_Therion Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2005
    The special features are nothing to shout about. Downloading episodes isn't a good way to support the series though. :rolleyes:

16. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Who said I'm downloading them? Well, is File Transfer Downloading? :p

I know it's not, which is why I would buy the boxset, if Salisbury had it. But I despise ordering stuff at the moment, people keep ripping me off.

17. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    I didn't like the film, but I may change my mind if I see it again. I remember disliking Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter when I first saw them, now I love them.

18. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    You could use Play.com or Amazon, which are cheaper than stores...

19. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    ...and are internet companies, who keep ripping me off...

20. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    How can Amazon/Play rip you off? They're considerably cheaper than stores.

21. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    I've had a lot of problems with Internet companies. Plus I have no credit card, and my parents won't let me use theirs because they fear teh_h4XX0rz :p

22. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Silly parents. Amazon and Play are as secure as you're gonna get.

23. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    My dad let me use his card once. They took the money, then came up with loads of excuses to not send the gfx card I ordered, and then when I cancelled the order they kept the money. So I'm not allowed to use it again :p

24. Glass_Onion

Glass_Onion Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 29, 2005
    You should be able to get a debit card if you've got your own bank account, I know that play.com let you use them there. They're also a great company which I've never had any problems with so you've got nothing to fear from them. :)

25. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    RBS = Tight-ass though. They won't send me a Debit card until I'm 18. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.