main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The first annual 2003 Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    LUKE WAS BORN IN WAR.AND HE IS STILL FIGHTING A WAR .LUKE NEVER HAD THE LUXURY OF REALAXING HIS WHOLE LIFE.YODA DID .LUKE IS MORE OF WARRIOR THAN YODA EVER WAS

2. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    YOUR NOT A JUDGE .AND SECOND THERE PEOPLE GO INTO EMOTIONS AGAIN.LUKE IS NOT THE SAME JEDI HE WAS WHEN YODA TRAINED HIM.HE IS A TOTALY DIFFERENT PERSON.THOSE SAME FAULTS HE HAD THEN .HE DOES NOT HAVE NOW .SO TRY AGAIN.NIKTO YOUR NOT A JUDGE .SO I DONT APPRECAITE YOU COMING IN AND VOICING YOUR VOTE .UNTILL A FINAL VOTE IS MADE.YOU SAID YOU WOULD CHILL OUT OF RESPECT AND HERE YOU GO AGAIN .SWOOPING IN .

YOU SAID YOU RESPECT HORAX'S VOTE .BUT YOU DONT RESPECT WHAT I ASK YOU TO DO OUT OF RESPECT FOR ME

3. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I'm not letting my emotions get in the way!

Your not a judge either and you were complaining about the Sidious fight. I know you are involved but it is no different.

I have a right to voice my opinion and my opinion is that Yoda would beat Luke. Plain and simple.

I said I would stop commenting on the Sidious fight out of respect for you.

Had I been posting in this thread when Depa lost to Mundi I would've posted about how bad that call was. I'm not trying to make people vote against you.

4. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    NO ONE SAID YOU COULD NOT VOICE YOUR THOUGHTS .I ASKED YOU TO WAIT TILL THE FINAL VOTE IS MADE .AND YOU SAID YOU WOULD .BUT ***** it do you b.its nothing.its all gravy to me.i will say no more on the topic.i asked you out of respect of my fight.like you said this is my fight not yours.

5. Corran10584

Corran10584 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 8, 2002
    Hey everyone, I'm sorry that I haven't been on, but I had work all morning and just got home a little while ago. I apoligize if my judging in the Sidious match caused some heat, but I stand by my decision 100%, I stated by reasons before, and I see no reason to state them again.

However, since e_s did not like the fact that I voted in that round. I will wait for his approval before voting on the Luke vs Yoda match-up :)

~Corran

6. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    Mr_Sith posted a long post about your team earlier - Funny how you did not ask Mr_Sith to keep his opinions about your team quiet....

And e_s, I have nothing but respect for you.
    Don't say I do not.
    Iwas on your side this morning and I congratulated you on a good match-up.

But there is no way Yoda would lose to Luke.

I am still in shock over that.

And I truly believe that while you did play the hand right, it should not have mattered. Yoda should beat Luke, and Sidious can take those two combined.

But hey, I am not a judge. But I can disagree with them.

I respect Horax as well. But I disagree, strongly disagree with his judgment here.

I am allowed to. So I will.

Madine out

7. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Corran. You were slated as a judge for this round, so go ahead and vote if you will. The judges for this doomed round are myself, you, and JansonYellowAces. You don't need permission.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    KEY WORD HE POSTED HIS THOUGHT ON MY TEAM .NOT THIS FIGHT ,THATS THE POINT .HE KEPT QUIET ON THIS FIGHT ,.HE TALKED ABOUT OUR TEAM BATTLE.HE NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT OUR FIGHT.ITS A BIG DIFFRENECE

9. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    I just want to clarify something ES. When I said I would stop commenting out of respect I meant that only for the Sidious match. I had no idea we would actually see Yoda vs. Luke. Somehow you did though. Was your guess just lucky or do you have force powers yourself?

Anyway I will now stop commenting on this fight. I'm not trying to start anything here.

I do agree with whoever said we need to have dedicated judges for the next draft. We need judges who will be there throughout the whole draft or most of it anyway. There have been too many judges for this one. Since ES is a judge we should have one judge for the whole time anyway. If Mr. Sith is another that would give us two judges likely to be around for the whole draft.

10. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    No it is not - it is the same

For that is the next fight that will happen.

It is the same. Just early.

Madine out

11. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    whatever.madine

and nikto .i have no beef with you.but i am stiil angry over how i was treated with the voting.you have to understand that super vader's vote could have been in my favor.right now i could have been up.we may never know that .but i have gotten a bad deal.that only i have the pain on.madine says he cared .but he wants to beat me .so he does not care like i do .if what happned to me happned to you or anybody .yall would feel the same way as i do.

after i get the bum rap.horax wants to tighten now.he should have been established the rules for voting in the finals .now every body wants things as i do .but i am the one with the loss.

12. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Dude, I would feel the same way if it were me.

I wish it did not happen that way either, I said that. Publically.

I meant it.

Now who is disrespecting who?

Corran, I have to go in a few. Are you going to be able to post?

Madine out

13. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Yeah I know Horax, it still doesn't make this any easier...

Match-Up: Luke Skywalker vs Yoda

We've seen Mace Windu fight Darth Sidious, we've seen Obi-Wan Kenobi fight Exar Kun, but who honestly thought we'd see Luke vs. Yoda?? On one side of the arena you have Luke Skywalker, the prodigal son of The Chosen One. He established the New Order of Jedi Knights from nothing, locating those with a touch with the Force and training some of the greatest Jedi out there; Anakin Solo, Kyp Durron, Corran Horn, the list goes on. Luke's life has been nothing but difficult. Growing up never knowing his parents, learning his father is Lord Vader, finally bringing Anakin Skywalker back to the light, only to lose him again, forever losing his mentors Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda. All his life he has been fighting and protecting those he loved, even at risk to himself. Yet Luke survived and pressed on.

Then you have Yoda, positively the greatest Jedi Ever. Yoda has seen and experienced more that any other in the Galaxy. For 900 years he studied the Force, passing on his knowledge to the countless number of Jedi that he trained. He has learned more about the Force than any Jedi could ever hope to achieve. Yoda survived the Clone Wars, survived the Jedi Purge intiated by Vader and the Emperor, and successfully hid himself away from the minions of the Dark Side, until it was time to train Luke for his destiny.

Yoda is relatively unchallenged when it comes to the lightsaber. Luke has grown up fighting, and has experienced both sides of the Force first hand. However, the fact remains that Yoda was the one who gave Luke the bulk of his training. And while we have seen Masters fall to their Apprentices before, I cannot see Yoda being defeated by Luke. I have to give this match-up to Yoda.

The Winner: Yoda

~Corran

14. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    madine i know you meant it .and i am not slaying you for it .but i am alone in my feelings .i am fighting for my respect and my voice to be heard .it has nothing to do with you nor has it ever

15. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Sorry I'm late, had to run around town for a bit.

Luke ?Last Knight? Skywalker vs. Yoda ?Man?

Another great match up here. The most powerful Jedi of the Old Order, match up against the most powerful of the New Order. Hold on to your hats, you?re about to see the fight of your lives.

For the scouting reports:

Luke ?Last Knight? Skywalker

---Survived multiple run-in?s with Darth Vader
    ---Destroyed Death Star using rudimentary force skills.
    ---Created, and trained new order of Jedi.
    ---Leading force in defeating Emperor.
    ---Survived Vong, and Galactic Civil Wars.
    ---Trained by Yoda, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    ---Most powerful Jedi Master of the New.

Yoda ?Man?

---Survived the Purge, Clone Wars.
    ---Defeated Count Dooku.
    ---Leader of the Jedi Council.
    ---Trained many powerful Jedi, (Obi-Wan, Luke, etc.)
    ---Most powerful Jedi Master of the Old.

Yoda is hands down the most powerful jedi of the old order, and second to only Mace Windu in skills with the lightsaber. Luke is hands down the most powerful Jedi of the new order, second to nobody in both lightsaber skills, and power.

I believe if it were judged only on skills with a lightsaber this match would last forever. Yoda does look tired after the Dooku fight, but he looks tired the entire movie so that is not a factor. Regarding the making fun of Yoda?s lightsaber skills in Approaching Storm (hate that book, memory might not be right on haven?t read it for a long time.) I think that they made fun of him because most never saw him wield to his full skills, and they thought he looked funny.

I think the deciding factors here will be both Yoda?s force knowledge, and raw power. Both are in above Luke?s, according to official RPG sources Yoda has a 17,500 Midi Count, and Luke has a 15, 500 Midi Count.

The winner in the 460th round is Yoda.

Two deciding factors in this match:

Number One: The Force. Yoda just has too much knowledge, and power of the force is too much for Luke to handle. Nobody surpasses Yoda knowledge of the force. He is the most powerful Jedi Master ever.

Number Two: Padawan. This factor had much less to do with the outcome of the match the knowledge/power of the force, but it was a factor. Yoda trained Luke, though not in everything. He obviously knows Luke?s strengths, and weakness. He knows exactly what will/won?t work against Luke.

My favorite Jedi has lost both times I judged him. That annoys me a whole bunch. :(

16. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    I have to go for the day. I will check in tomorrow, if I can tonight when I get home, which wil be late.

I am happy about the outcome, although I still surprised that Luke got a vote. But he is the one I would match against Yoda if I could pick any Jedi in history to challenge him.

Well, maybe Mace....

In case the game goes on with the team battle, I do not have time to go into extreme details, so I will reiterate the logic I presented earlier:

e_s lost the team battle to The League of Extroaordinary Jedi

I beat TLOEJ in our team battle confrontation.

Logically, The Brooklyn Jedi should win over The Chosen Ones in the team battle.

Let's get it on

Madine out

17. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001

So Yoda downs Luke 2-1. The Chosen Ones: 2, The Brooklyn Jedi 4.

It's time for the team battles.

The Chosen Ones featuring: Anakin Solo, Assaj Ventress, Luke Skywalker, Luminara Unduli, Brakiss, and Depa Billaba against The Brooklyn Jedi featuring: Saesee Tinn, Naga Sadow, Yoda, Oppo Rancissis, Darth Sidious, and Komari Vosa.

LET'S GET IT ON!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Ooh man Practice was awesome!!!!!

They set me up as Free Safety cause we were messin around. I saw the Tight End on my Side so I knew it was the Strong Side. I also saw the Running Back angle towards me. As soon as that ball twitched I was across the line. I easily dispatched the Reciever and the Full Back didn't lay ahand on me. I knowcked the RB flat on his ***.

So, Madine won the Draft. Congrats to him!

Can there be a MVP?

I nominate Exar Kun!

19. Corran10584

Oct 8, 2002
    Match-Up:
    The Chosen Ones: Anakin Solo, Assaj Ventress, Luke Skywalker, Luminara Unduli, Brakiss, and Depa Billaba.

vs.

The Brooklyn Jedi: Saesee Tinn, Naga Sadow, Yoda, Oppo Rancissis, Darth Sidious, and Komari Vosa.

This was a very great match-up between the 2 best teams of the draft. The Chosen Ones have a great starting three with Luke, Anakin and Assaj. However, The Brooklyn Jedi have got Yoda, best Jedi ever, and Darth Sidious and Naga Sadow, 2 of the most powerful Sith Masters who ever lived. I've got to give this match-up to The Brooklyn Jedi, for no matter how powerful The Chosen Ones are, there is no beating the tag team of Yoda and Sidious

The Winner: The Brooklyn Jedi

Congratulations to both GenMadine and effortless_skill. Terrific job of managing by both of you. This was truly a great start to the Jedi Draft, and I think we all owe Horax a thank-you for letting us be a part of it.

See you all in the Second Annual Jedi Draft :D :D :D

Edit: Nominations for Draft M.V.P.:
    Luke Skywalker
    Yoda
    Mace Windu
    Exar Kun
    Corran Horn
    :D (hey, he never lost a round ;) )

~Corran

20. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    Congragulations Madine on the great victory. You truly had an awesome team and it was a well deserved outcome.

ES you did a great job as well. You had the second best team of the draft for sure and you had the last pick in the first round. You should be proud of how well your team did.

Judges you also did a great job for the most part as well. There were only a few matches in my opinion with controversial verdicts and I'm by no means an expert in EU so those matches may have been the correct calls.

I wish the finals could've gone smoother but it was still a great end to a great tournament. Plus controversy does add some excitement.

I look forward to the second draft and hope it is as fun as this one was.

Darth-Horax thanks for creating this great idea!

21. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    well i am adding more excitement .i am giving up my judging job .and is reclaiming my spot as second in the next draft.i have a vendetta now.there will be no mercy now!!!.while madine won this draft .and congrats to him .i was the drafts best player imo.i was the true star of this.madine sat back and talked yoda and sidous all day.i actually made my team work for me !!!!.i made the best moves of this draft .i showed the most skills of any gm i feel. i lost .but i am the best gm .i made my team work for me .

i beat vader .i beat major players .i have the best trophy case.madine got his key players to fight no one .he collected a lot of wins off of whimps.e_s fought like a warrior. i battled the best of the best .madine could never do that.his managing skills sucked .he never could feel the next players best player.i did that since the first round !!!!lets see how he does when he cant have sidous next draft .lets see how he does then.i agree with you nikto .me and madine should only be allowed to have out first pick thats it.i gaurentee madine cant get sidious next draft .after using his first pick .

i may not even pick luke .i may go for mace .like janson said .yoda is second to mace in saber skills.every jedi in this draft is second to mace in fighting skills!!!!.point is ,i am back and will claim my spot as number two.i know a few people will be mad .but thats why i am doing it .plus i want revenge .i will not go down easy.i ask that mr sith joins me .in coming back .headhunter has not shown intrest .and sith can take his third spot.whats up sith will you come back in? i am back thats all i have to say.prepeare to see were the true skills are .now in this draft. players will not fall into anyones laps.i made stars out of jedi in this draft .depa and lumi.and ventress .are stars now.i will still make a good team again .and this time it will be the best .and lets see if madine has to pick some one i made famous this time !!!!!no more sidous for you madine. lets see how good you are now buddy!!!.lets see how you do now .lets see if you want some one off my team this time .since many of your players you wont be able to have.i will pick no one from your team .no one!!!!!

AND FOR THE RECORD LUKE IS MVP.PLAIN AND SIMPLE .LUKE BEAT MAUL,MACE AND KUN.THREE FIRST ROUNDERS.

22. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    Your right!!!!!Im backin down as Judge. Madine is gonna lose next time!!!

Sorry Rax, I cant be a Judge!

23. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    ON WITH THE DRAFT!!!!!!

you are going down madine .much harder than i fell.if i have anything to say about it.

feel special if you want .cause you are being gunned for by me and sith.get your big head and say something cocky or arrogant .put your skills where your mouth is this time.

24. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Congratulations to Madine for his win. With both Yoda and Sidious on his side, his group was always going to be a top contender. And I've always thought Komari Vosa was a cool character, too :D

25. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    well lets see how he does now.horax i do remeber that we did said that the top 2 .could keep 2 of there players.while i feel that is a privilage of reaching the finals .i dont feel we should be able to keep our second rounders.that is not fair to the other teams.i feel we should be able to keep any one from our third rounder on down.and what ever player we choose.we sit out the round .that player was choosen in the last draft .that will make this totally fair.to every one else.madine you get the title of winner.thats it .you shoudl be happy with that!!!.plus you get first pick .

i see that you are talking about you should be able to keep your whole team.lets be real is that fair?.no its not .you get the first pick .and keep any one from your 3 rounder on down .only one extra player.same rules apply for me .we cant stack our team with both of our top picks from last draft .lets see we your skills are at now.

horax do you agree that should be a worthy privalege of reaching the finals plus .be fair for every one else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.