main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The First Installment of the 2007 Jedi Draft (Winner: Shadow_of_Durron)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by EMPEROR_WINDU, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    It doesn't really matter anymore, since now he's facing a Luke team, and Luke >> Vader

2. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Two lolz to point out.

1) You talk about Vader being 80% of Palpatine, but you're getting that from the exact same quote that you disputed earlier in saying that Vader didn't diminish in power after Mustafar.
    2) Of course, what you're saying presupposes that Sidious is really *that* powerful compared to Jacen - and he is not. In fact, Jacen right now is not far from Sidious at all. I'd say...90% or so :).

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No, I never said the quote was wrong. I said people don't know how to read the quote.

The quote was dealing with potential, not power. People had thought that it meant Anakin was twice as strong as Palpatine, when in reality, he merely had the potential to get that strong. The quote says he lost the potential, and only ended up being 80% of Palpatine (which is still really ridiculous).

I then went on to say that Palpatine himself doesn't believe Vader lost potential, but that's not exactly germane. The important part is that he never became *weaker*.

4. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Championship Conference

Dragons of the Black Pool: Redux vs The Empire is victorious on all fronts

Consolation Conference

The Time Strutters vs Rawk Steady and Beebop

The first # to be called is: [b][u]1[/u][/b]

[hl=yellow][color=green][b]Championship Conference[/b][/color][/hl]

[color=orange]Tresina Lobi [/color] [b]vs[/b] [color=teal]Darth Malak (prepped on Star Forge)[/color]

[hl=red][b][color=silver]Consolation Conference[/color][/b][/hl]

[color=darkblue]Darth Krayt [/color] [b]vs[/b] [color=skyblue]Ben Skywalker [/color]

5. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I don't think I need to point out why Lobi doesn't have a chance. :p

7. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Lobi >>>>>>>>>>> Revan!!! Believe it! Therefore...

8. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    Going with the two Darths on this, if young Ben had more to his name, who knows?

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I agree with Ghost. Darth Ben and Darth Lobi take this easily.

:p

10. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Word.

Although, I do expect Ben's stock to raise quite steadily with both of the Legacy series' advancing and all. He's not doing too bad for himself.

A couple other people's stock went up with Sacrifice as well, IMO.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    The good news is that I doubt the next draft will start before the end of Sacrifice Spoiler lock down time, meaning all of Sacrifice can be used next draft.

12. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Do you already have a commish and judges lined up for the next draft?

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Not that I know of. I think Despised has volunteered to commish again. He's reliable, so he has my vote. It'd be up to him to assemble judges. I'm up for judging again, though.

14. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm down for judging, if he needs one.

That way I can be sure Shurron doesn't win another fragging draft.

:p

15. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003

I would love to see what you could do as a judge there Inty ;)

16. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I said earlier that I'd like to judge, we'll just have to wait and see if D1 wants to commish the next draft as well. I think he will though, just to keep the colors. :p

Evil.

17. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003

scratch judge, and insert gm.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Every Jedi Draft I enter as a GM gets shut down by the mods. Even when I am one!

19. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
  20. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
  21. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Championship Conference

Dragons of the Black Pool: Redux (0-1) vs The Empire is victorious on all fronts (1-0)

Consolation Conference

The Time Strutters (1-0) vs Rawk Steady and Beebop (0-1)

The next # to be called is: [b][u]6[/u][/b]

[hl=yellow][color=green][b]Championship Conference[/b][/color][/hl]

[color=orange]Cade Skywalker trumped w/ Shado Vao [/color] [b]vs[/b] [color=teal]Desann trumped w/ Tavion[/color]

[hl=red][b][color=silver]Consolation Conference[/color][/b][/hl]

[color=darkblue]Jerec[/color] [b]vs[/b] [color=skyblue]Kit Fisto (prepared on Mon Cal)[/color]

22. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Nice. My guys > those guys. Though let me know if you need something more substantial.

23. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    HEZ IN TEH WATAR!

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    This is a very interesting matchup. Shado Vao is probably better than Tavion, admittedly. However, can we say that Cade is better than Desann? I don't think so.

The purple dinosaur gave Luke considerable trouble when Luke was a Jedi Master. This is not to say he's a Luke Skywalker by any means, but rather-- a pre-VotF post-DE Luke is a Luke who isn't wimpy about the Force. Even so, Desann did defeat him once. Cade is not fully trained and can only manifest decent powers when he goes nuts. He doesn't have experience or discipline.

I'd submit that Desann's superiority over Cade outweighs Vao's superiority over Tavion.

25. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Shado outclasses Tavion by quite a bit, both in skill and in experience.

And yes, Cade is raw, but he's still more powerful than Des by quite some margin. The only reason Des was able to do anything against Luke was because of his usual reluctance to go all out (and he did not beat him). Though we see what happens when he does, and it's never pretty for his opponents. It's the same with Cade, only he doesn't have Luke's restraint. It won't take much for him to unleash the beast, and his beast is bigger and meaner and stronger than Des's. He's shown plenty of skill in beating down some Sith back when he was just a fourteen-year-old padawan (who was almost ready for his trials, btw), and in besting Nihl in an extended duel after seven relatively Force-free years. And that's good experience to go along with the skill displays. It's a good fight, but no way is Des that much better than Cade, if he is at all. In fact the opposite may be true.

And my trump is more cohesive, having fought alongside eachother multiple times in addition to being great friends. Not that Des and Tavion are incohesive, but in the end it's just a brute and his, well, somewhat faithful lackey (Yeah, those darksiders are just known for their undying loyalty, aren't they?). Not the same level of cohesion at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.