main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The "Flashback scene" has me worried...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Avnar, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Yeah... you are confusing "fact" with "opinion".

Rabs, Andy Wylde and El_Machete12 like this.
  2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I like Man of Steel.

Rabs and StarKiller81 like this.
  3. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    As long as we don't have a Rey doing Jedi training montage with "The Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background I am ok.

4. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

That was a origin movie so it fit better.....but then again MOS was a origin story and that didn't really work either.

I stand by what I said. Flashbacks often do not work. Some do but most don't. I also think it's being so incredibly overblown as well in TFA. It's a very short scene. Once again it's not the flashback itself that as me worry. It's what? A 30-60 second sequence in a two hour movie? It's the backstory that will be telling that has me a bit nervous....

Andy Wylde likes this.
  5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Regrettably Family Guy already beat TFA to it! :)

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'll admit it... I'm a sucker for flashbacks, I love them. I can't tell you why, they just tend to make me happy. Probably because I'm also a sucker for backstory and those usually involve flashbacks.

We've got quite a bit of time between things we've seen and will see, so I think they could do a flashback or two and it would work well. I don't think they have to, there are other ways to give us info, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happens. And it would probably make me happy.

CairnsTony likes this.
  7. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    A New Hope would be improved greatly if they flashed back to Anakin screaming "I HATE YOU!" from that slope on Mustafar when Obi-Wan called him a good friend.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I doubt there will be a flash back scene in TFA .....

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  9. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Like a candle in the wind....

10. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    we will see my friend on December 18 2015 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US ALL MY FRIENDS ......

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I hope you're right. Star Wars movies have a a certain film structure that I want kept the same. If JJ says he's a true Star Wars fan, then he should know that there should be no flashbacks.

Jedi with a TARDIS likes this.
  12. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    it's not a flashback though it's maz sharing a vision with them in the present (that happens to be an accurate depiction of the past).

think of it that way. >_>

All_Powerful_Jedi likes this.
  13. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    When I read the flashback and other MSW sequences and I just get more confused... I know I need more context and dialogue but man I hope this plot isn't as bad as it sounds in my head so many loose ends.

14. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Basically Making Star Wars has been hit and miss, for Example they were right on the Concept Art, but they were wrong on Luke being an Evil Sith Half Robot Cyborg.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The great news is that we honestly don't have a single line of the connective dialogue for any of the plot. It does all seem rather loose as barely relative scene concepts but the dialogue is probably what glues all the seams together.

16. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with varying the structure if it suits the narrative's needs. For example, before ROTS, Star Wars never had a montage in the middle of a film, but it was needed in that film, and it worked very well.
    If the writers start saying, "We can't do [whatever] because it hasn't been done before," then the SW franchise is really going to stagnate.

17. Solosaber

Solosaber Jedi Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    No matter what happens everyone will always look to the OT as the real star wars movies. Anything beyond that has only been a bonus...whether you liked the prequels or not.

I think any extra footage they show is a good thing because it will only further enhance the story. As long as its done well...which I guess you can say the same for the whole film. I dont doubt JJ is going to knock this out of the park. Everything Im hearing and the trailers I see...Im optimistic.

Flashback scenes??? Bring em on...more Darth Vader the better, or anyone else from the past who had died. It will only fulfill your experience that much more.

The countdown is ON

18. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Honestly, I think that seeing Anakin's dreams in ROTS was worse than seeing Maz's vision. It'll also serve to deliver necessary information at a necessary point in the movie, and also address what happened to Luke earlier in the film.

carlcockatoo likes this.
  19. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014
    There is NO need for any kind if flashback scenes. And I do not think there will be either. Flashbacks are so annoying...

Andy Wylde likes this.
  20. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    If I remember correctly, the flashback scene is still purely a rumour. Nothing we've seen so far has appeared to give it any legitimacy at all.

21. Cellblocker1138

Cellblocker1138 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 26, 2015
    If the flashback turns out to be an ad hoc script change put in at the last minute to make Rey a Solo instead of an unrelated--as she may have been conceived early in production (my theory)--I will accept it. Otherwise, I will just wonder why they constructed a story that relies on a device that departs so drastically from the OT, when they were going out of their way to mirror the OT in so many other ways.

Overall, not a fan of the "flashback sequence" but willing to give it a chance.

Jcuk likes this.
  22. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I've come round to this way of thinking regarding the rumoured flashback scene

Cellblocker1138 likes this.
  23. Homesick-Moose

Homesick-Moose Jedi Padawan star 1

May 11, 2015
    They need a montage:

Scummy_and_Villainous likes this.
  24. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

Or the Rocky III montage with Rocky and Apollo. If they do that with Luke and Rey....

25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Flashback: Exterior Dusk at the Academy – It is noted it is peaceful now. Artoo-Detoo is saddened as his master departs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.