main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer - Thoughts and Observations

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sterling3763, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Funny you should say that, and I'm not just saying this, but when I saw the trailer last week at a full house for The Hobbit, no one seemed bothered at all. The trailer that got the attention I.e. whoops and 'oohs' was The Avengers.

DarthSyverus likes this.
  2. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Off course the Avengers got the reaction it did a great movie that never fails.

3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    There was no Avengers trailer in my Hobbit screening but the TFA teaser was the only one shown to generate any kind of buzz at all. They didn't show the Fury road trailer though, which I think is the best trailer of the year.

4. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    That Mad Max trailer is bat-$#!% crazy insane, in a good way. Made me want to see the movie, even though prior to seeing it I'd already heard about and dismissed the film.

I wonder if TFA teaser will change anyone's mind.

5. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Well, TFA teaser I think shows a potentially great looking SW film, but it's only 33 seconds or something of actual footage. I think when we get to the next trailer we can judge it as a trailer more against the likes of Mad Max, etc. My worry with fury road is whether or not the actual story can match the visuals of what could well be taken from one or two amazing action sequences, which do not on their own make a great movie. I would absolutely love to see George Miller have a crack at a SW film one day though.

6. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Yeah TFA trailer is just a teaser afterall... It's enough for now, but I'd expect the actual proper trailer to be quite special (regardless of the film itself).

7. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, once we get glimpses of actual performances as well, it should help give a feel of what we'll end up getting. I think all the PT trailers were ultimately hugely indicative of the quality of each film. The strengths and weaknesses (depending on your POV) are all present and correct within very well cut trailers (TPM particularly).

8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think the Teaser trailer was Awesome and I cant wait for the next Trailer!!!!!

9. AusDave79

AusDave79 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 26, 2014
    It's been a little slower around here after a couple of huge weeks, hoping for a little surprise for Christmas from JJ, like a small video showing the cast in uniforms saying merry Christmas.:)

DarthSyverus likes this.
  10. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I think most trailers ultimately over-sell/overstate the films themselves... especially in this genre type. I still think TPM was one of the greatest trailers of modern times in how it effectively condensed 2 hours of film into circa 60 seconds of trailer, and gave it a gusto/pace that the film itself was often lacking... until the final reel anyways (IMHO). And the reason the trailer still looks good (again in my opinion) is it demonstrates Lucas' strength, which is his great visual sense and how he marries SW iconography into a broader cinematic language.

11. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Yes, I think that's fair comment. But you can also see the potential weaknesses - the clunky dialogue, JarJar's cartoon antics, etc. whether one loves TPM or feel it has issues, I feel the trailer gives you a great heads up on what to expect, although I agree with you about the urgency in the trailer vs the film (for obvious reasons).

12. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013
    Hey guys, I don't know where to bother asking so I'll ask here- does anyone have the image of the Tatooine set on Pinewood? It looked like a residential area/ tusken raider camp but it was on a Pinewood lot... There may have been fire or smoke, too, I can't remember... I've looked but I can't find it...

13. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    You can no doubt count on it lets see were they appear someone uploads it here.

14. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Do you mean one of these three? In spoiler tag to save space:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Immortiss and themuzikman like this.
  15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Do you reckon that's the village that supposedly get's torched at the beginning?

Immortiss likes this.
  16. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Yes.

Immortiss likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't think so.

18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    My theater is only showing the Fury Road trailer in front of The Hobbit. It looks amazing and got great response, but I was disappointed in no TFA trailer. I quite enjoyed The Hobbit.

Immortiss and Satipo like this.
  19. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Applause before and after the trailer?! I'd have been fuming...a cinema is no place to be reacting like that. I was in a packed cinema to see The Hobbit when TFA trailer came on, and the biggest reaction in the whole place was a few look of 'that didn't look bad'. I'd hate to be a moviegoer in the US! Lol

Darth PJ likes this.
  20. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    Am I crazy or isn't there supposed to be some "The Force Awakens" tv special that points out things you may have missed from the trailer airing today? Did I imagine this

21. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    It aired last weekend:

Immortiss, TKT and Rebel_Loyaltist like this.
  22. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    My showing of the third Hobbit movie didin't had the TFA Teaser & didin't even had the AoU Trailer! [face_sigh]
    I quite enjoyed The Hobbit, too.

Immortiss likes this.
  23. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    Blast. Well, thank you, will watch it right now.

-EDIT-

Alright, everything I saw there I knew, but still cool for them to do that nonetheless.

24. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Saw Hobbit yesterday in Western Maryland. No Star Wars trailer, but we got Jupiter Ascending, Terminator Genesys, Jurrassic World, and Insurgent. A couple others, but I can't remember them.

25. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    @Rookhelm I saw it in Maryland as well and I got the same basic line up of trailers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!