main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Force That Binds Ep I: Knightshift (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, ocs) *COMPLETED* Downloadable chapters!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by spiritgurl, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    be sure to have a bucket of icewater ready nearby ca_tron. ;)

sg

2. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    New postie soon ?

3. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    this weekend sometime hopefully/probably. I'm working on it now. :)

sg

4. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I wish I had taken your advice, it would have helped. The imagry in that was so vivid, I almost could see Obi. It was a good birthday present. :D

5. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    I aim to please. :D

oh, and here's chapter 19 ;)

Obi-Wan's bare feet touched the floor as he lay on the small bed with Nahlia. She was curled up in his arms, sleeping. He stroked her hair, finding solace within the soft straight locks. 'Qui-Gon will not understand this...' Seeing her shiver slightly from the coolness of the night, he pulled the hand woven maroon and beige blanket covering them, up over her arm and shoulder.

Nahlia stirred gradually. After a quiet yawn, she lifted her head from his chest to look at him. "Morning already?"

The corners of his mouth turned up slightly in response. "Not quite yet, no..."

"Oh..." Nahlia beamed. "Good." She stretched her neck until she was in reach to kiss him but his reaction was not quite as warm as she'd hoped. He seemed so distant from her now. "What's wrong?"

"It's... nothing..." Obi-Wan caressed her cheek with the back of his fingers.

"Please, tell me."

He sighed. They had shared so much that night, and yet he still was having trouble sharing his fears and concerns with her. "I'm just wondering what's going to happen if we do find our way back to Coruscant."

Nahlia looked down at his chest and thought a moment. She never thought of herself as the sort of woman who could become someone's mistress, and nothing more, but there it was: the only possible conclusion to their situation that seemed acceptable. She knew in her heart, Obi-Wan was meant to be a Jedi Knight just as she was meant to die before she was forty years old. To her, it wouldn't seem right to ask him to give up something that he'd worked all his life to become for a woman who only had half a life to give to him. She wasn't sure if she could bring herself to ask that of him even if she knew she would live. Her eyes met his again. "You can see me... whenever you can... I know it won't be often."

Obi-Wan nearly laughed. "Is it really that simple?"

"It can be."

"I wish I could say I agree." Obi-Wan responded, running his thumb across her chin thoughtfully. "My Master will never approve of this."

"He doesn't need to know. No one does."

"He'll know." He insisted. "I won't be able to hide it from him."

Nahlia took his hand into hers to kiss it. "You won't know until you try."

"I won't lie to him."

"You won't have to, just... don't say anything to him."

"You don't understand, he'll sense that something's happened between us. He's already sensed my feelings for you, from my thoughts..."

"Then don't think about me when you're with him... don't think about us..." She advised, intertwining her fingers with his. "I'll be doing enough of that for the both of us."

Obi-Wan brushed a bit of hair from her face with his free hand before picking his head up from the pillow to kiss her tenderly. Suddenly something hit him - a wave of emotion traveling through the village. He pulled back from her to concentrate.

"What is it?" Nahlia asked - sensing his alarm.

"Fear..."

Dwarfing the native's tiny wood huts with his massive body, Volacca stalked through the village as quietly as one his size could. Beebo and the rest of the villagers kept to their huts, huddled together - terrified of the invader. Above their doors were symbols carved into the wood meant to keep the creature out, though this had not yet been tested. Some had seen him before in the forest, and managed to escape, others had only heard tales of him taking away their brethren to devour their flesh with his razor sharp teeth. This was the myth this simple people had bestowed upon the monster. And now the monster was before them, wading between their homes, in search of a new victim.

Inside their hut, Obi-Wan finished dressing and buckled the belt keeping his lightsaber at his side. Nahlia had put her skirt and yellow top back on, and was slipping his Jedi robe back over her when Obi-Wan began to head for the door. "Stay here."

"But-"

"Stay here." He insisted. "I

6. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    As Qui-Gon helped her to her feet, he observed that the hand she had extended to him had a brown elastic around the wrist that looked suspiciously like the one's Jedi padawans often wore to tame the hair on the back of their heads. "He most certainly is."

Hehehehehe.

So Jedi arnt allowed to get it on with willing fangirls ?
    Well, I guess I dont wana be a Jedi anymore. :)

7. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    heh... remember it's "frowned upon" but not technically forbidden. ;) Either way, Qui ain't a happy master.

sg

8. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    FIRST REPLY!!!!!!!
    Ooooooo. Quiggy is pissed! Let's see Obi get himself out of this one. [face_devil]

9. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    I initially was just going to have Qui say that line just in reference to Obi going off on his own to save Nahlia without talking to his master first, but then I came up with that elastic thing (which is in the rated R version of 18) and thought that would be a great little clue to drop to old Qui-Gon Jinn that his Padawan had perhaps "let his hair down" with this girl a bit more than he should have. heh-heh... ;)

sg

10. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Nahlia reached up to accept the Jedi master's hand. "I think Obi-Wan's in trouble."

As Qui-Gon helped her to her feet, he observed that the hand she had extended to him had a brown elastic around the wrist that looked suspiciously like the ones Jedi padawans often wore to tame the hair on the back of their heads. "He most certainly is."

What an understatement. I think this is my favorite part for this chapter. I can't wait for the next post.

11. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    oooh! New reader (I think) Welcome!

That was one of those moments that I saw coming like 4/5 months ago when I started this. So good to finally have it written down, and I really like the way it came out with the elastic. Never know when something you come up with at the spur of the moments is going to really click. :)

I'm not sure if it's my fav moment, I really liked this one too...

She shrugged it off and smiled confidently down at Obi-Wan - the manacles clattering together in her hand. "Did you miss me?"

;)

sg

12. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    oooh! New reader (I think) Welcome!

Me, right?

I usually read this on your website (when I get an 'update' email from you). First time reading this here on the board. I have been enjoyig this story when I came across it last month.

13. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Oh, you came from the website, cool. :) I was hoping that including the link to this thread on my website might draw out some more readers to discuss the story. It's so hard to get people to do that, although this is by far the best fan fic board/group I've come across for providing feedback. Not that I just do this for responses, but you know it helps. ;)

Anyway, thanks! Glad you are enjoying the story.

sg

14. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Chapter 20

Obi-Wan knew the blasts coming from Diora's pistol were set to stun, but he made sure to avoid being hit by them all the same by somersaulting and swerving out of their way as he ran from her pursuing swoop bike.

'This should be far enough away from the village.' He thought, deflecting a blast bolt with his lightsaber and stopping to face off with Diora.

"Not a smart move, Jedi." Diora grinned while pressing a button on her bike's console alerting several surveyor droids that she needed assistance. "Luckily for you, the boss still wants you alive." A dozen or so round orbs that Diora had standing by for the occasion began to gather around Obi-Wan. "Set to stun." She ordered as she stood on top of her swoop bike for a better view. Tiny blast cannons popped up from the droids and aimed directly at him.

"Not good." Obi-Wan muttered warily.

"FIRE!"

As the droids fired, the light of the Obi-Wan's blade was a blur of fluid movement. Obi-Wan had barely a moment to think and could only trust in his instincts. He felt each shot coming just a split second before it could reach him, deflecting every one. Some shot back at the ground, many hit their mark of the surveyor droids themselves damaging or destroying them completely. Gradually their number began to diminish and a frustrated Diora began to join in the fray again with her blaster.

Obi-Wan, finding a moment to both breathe and think now, caught a familiar image out of the corner of his eye - that caused him to lose his concentration a moment. He looked again. "Master?!"

Qui-Gon was standing by a tree watching the battle from a distance - unimpressed. "Yes, Obi-Wan."

"Uh... Y-" Obi-Wan continued to deflect blasts from Diora and her remaining droids. "You're here."

"Yes."

Obi-Wan deflected another blast, taking out a droid but there was still Diora and four more droids to go. He was growing tired. "I could use a little help..."

"I'm sure you can handle this," Qui-Gon hollered calmly over the blasts. "You chose to go on this mission by yourself after all."

"Nahlia, she was in-"

"In danger, yes she was." Qui-Gon continued to be unimpressed with Obi-Wan's performance. "She's fine now. Though perhaps a little chilly from lack of clothing,"

'What did he mean by that?' Obi-Wan wondered. The loss of concentration was just enough for Diora to throw another detonator and knock Obi-Wan off his feet.

Nearby, the backseat of a gold speeder was occupied by a manacled Volacca, while just to the side of the speeder, young Jedi Knight Stamir Bandu, Nahlia, and little Beebo watched Qui-Gon watch Obi-Wan battle. Stamir, still noticing Nahlia's lack of clothing, and the fact that she seemed cold, offered his dark brown robe to her.

"Thanks," Nahlia slipped the robe over her shoulders. She was cold but that was the least of her worries as she watched Obi-Wan fighting, and Qui-Gon do nothing. "Isn't he going to help him?"

Stamir was as confused as she was but attempted to give a knowledgeable answer anyway. "I suppose Master Jinn feels Obi-Wan can handle it."

"So, he's just going to stand there and wait until he can't?"

"Young lady," He smiled condescendingly as if she was just some silly girl and called her "young lady" even though he was only a few years older. "I've known Obi-Wan a long time, he's greatly skilled with a lightsaber and is very able and confident in all of his Jedi abilities."

"Confident," Volacca snorted a husky laugh. "I'd be confident too if I had a laser sword like that."

Nahlia rolled her eyes at the arrogant creature. "Trust me, he doesn't need a lightsaber to be confident."

Volacca showed his jagged yellow teeth as he gave her a dirty smile. "Oh, really? And why would that be?"

Stamir gave her an odd look, waiting for an explanation. Even little Beebo, curious about why everyone else was looking at her, looked up expectantly.

"Uh... because of his..." Nahlia tried to keep her composure as she explained, "personality... he's

15. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Thanks for the pm. I have not forgotten you. I'm going catch this one up tonight so I hope to reply tomorrow and think of some things for epii for you.

16. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Yay, first reply

and I must say that it ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehehehe

Qui Gon wont live much longer, and once he dies ObiWan can get all the play he wants.........

17. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    hmm. somehow i missed chapter 19.

great posts. :D :)

18. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    and I must say that it ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! :) That brought a big smile to my face. :) I always get so anxious when I first post. So good to get quick (and positive) responses.

Thanks too, Jacen200015. BTW, you're not on my PM updates list, did you want to be?

Qui Gon wont live much longer, and once he dies ObiWan can get all the play he wants.........

Ahhh... if only it could be that easy. :p

Also, just a note:

"I shall do as I must, master."

I put that in to mirror in PM when Qui says "I shall do as I must, Obi-Wan." See, if you watch it with this fic in mind he's actually saying that in a "Don't tell me about disobeying after what happened with that girl" way. ;)

Can't wait to hear from you too Crystal. :)

sg

19. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obi broke another girls heart. And now he's all sad and stuff. But he can be with her when dear old Quiggy dies. ;)

20. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Poor old Quiggy, now everyone *wants* him dead. Heh...

sg

21. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Sure. you may put me on your pm updates list. :)

22. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Heh, that funny how yer tieing the movie into this!!!!!!!!!!!

Teh PsychoUpper Strikes again

23. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Excellent job - great ending. :)

24. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    Gotcha jacen200015 :)

Thanks Jedi Hood and 3MDPS. :D

sg

25. Tysplo13

Tysplo13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2003
    The ending was better then I expected. Great job! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.