main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Freemaker Adventures - Season 2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Jun 21, 2016.

1. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012

aren't we getting operation cinder in Battlefront II?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Finished A Perilous Rescue. Sounds like Ackbar name dropped Dubrillion if I heard correctly. Also, Xander's mission was pretty much Operation Ram's Head in all but name.

Also impressed they managed to keep Vader menacing despite the humor.

"Your plan was good, MOC. Mine was better."

And he wipes the floor with MOC as well as powering through Rowan's abilities as if they were nothing.

3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012

yeah rowan got his "Bored, Bored, Bored" butt handed to him in that episode. i'm surprised he didn't suffer a major injury or too when he got slammed with the force.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Decent handling of Vader this season because while they're still the petulant dynamic between him and Palpy and MOC, he could clearly just push everyone around when called for.

I think the plot-writing was stronger this season although they may have toned down on the random one-liners a bit, but the story is still really compelling, and I dug how they incorporated the end of ROTJ. In fact, the "random shot of Palpatine falling through the generator" is a huge laugh and maybe very indicative of how this show works in the sidelines of the Star Wars universe. I was surprised they went all the way to ROTJ, actually because losing Palpatine and Vader for a Season 3 would be huge, their bickering is too funny to drop, although it could be interesting if they mange to do a Endor to Jakku season. Maybe they can put in Sloane and Rax as the bickering Vader / Palpatine imperial pairing?

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    "We lost our lock on MOC!"
    "Doesn't matter- Shantipole's got him now!"

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I want snarky immature Palpatine to come back as a blue Force ghost. He was a pretty good foil to Rowan, "bored, bored, bored."

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I'm only just now catching up. I got a kick out of the fact that they used Zuckuss referring himself in the third person as per (one of) his Legends characterization to comic effect.

I'd thought he was a soundalike until I saw this post. [face_laugh] Should have known better. What was the Khan/Hondo joke? I missed it!

TC

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I forget the exact context but, IIRC, they had him do a "KHAAAN!!!"-type yell (was it "FREEMAKERS!!"? I forget).