main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico The Gauntlet: Come Inside If You Are Brave Enough

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Spike_Spiegel, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Welcome to the Gauntlet, a simple game for brave people.

Each day I will post a new challenge. Each day any of you may answer. Only the first one who answers correctly will recieve 5 points. The others will be deducted 5 points. Get 30 points, you will be rewarded. Get -15 points, you will be punished.

Sign up for the Gauntlet and see if you are truly brave. All of you who don't sign up are sniveling cowards.

2. Lucidus

Lucidus Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2002
    I may not be too brave, but I can compensate with foolhardiness, so sign me up.

3. Carlitos

Carlitos Jedi Master star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Sign me up for the Gauntlet.

4. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I may not be brave but I pride on my resourcefulness.

5. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    What the heck, I?m in.

6. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Prepare to be Gauntleted...er...whatever I'm in.

7. Darth_Valle

Darth_Valle Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Sure! Let's get it on!

8. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    The Bravest of PRJO!

Darth_Valle
    Jedi_Boricua
    Roman
    Rao
    Carlitos
    Lucidus

The Weak and Pathetic

ALL of the rest of PRJO!

El juego empezara pronto. Cualquier persona que se quiera apuntar o salir de el juego lo puede hacer en cualquier momento. En otras palabras, si alguno que esta jugando le da un ataque de cobardia se puede ir... Si alguno de los cobardes que no estan jugando le da un momento de coraje y bravura, se pueden añadir. ;)

9. Skalderan

Skalderan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Wezt Zide Reprezentin' in da Gauntlet

10. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

TUMBARK_WOOKIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Let's see what this is made of!

11. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    The Brave

Darth_Valle
    Jedi_Boricua
    Roman
    Rao
    Carlitos
    Lucidus
    Skalderan
    TUMBARK_WOOKIE

The Challenge:

To Test Your Brain Muscle

A person can carry sufficient food and water to travel four days in the desert.

The planned trip will last six days.

Alone, no one can succeed.

Question : How many persons will it take to lead the first person to her destination and to allow the others to return to the starting point?

Answer this by tomorrow recieve points. Fail andget points off.

12. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    Answer: It will take at least two more in addition to the first one (three travelers in total).

Assuming...

A person can carry sufficient food and water to travel four days in the desert.

Individual carrying capacity is irrelevant when you have other means (such as vehicles) to carry more food to survive. And this is assuming that a primitive form of transportation is used, and that the travellers cannot forage for food during their trip.

The planned trip will last six days.

If the amount of time it is possible to survive in the desert is determined by the amount of food you can carry for the trip, then all you need to do is bring as much food as you will need for the time it takes to travel the distance. As mentioned above, if your food carrying capacity is equal to or greater than the amount of time the trip takes, then there is no problem here, either. And if it lies at your disposal, you can just use a method like programmed suspended animation (like the one astronauts use) to eliminate the necessity for bringing food for each day of the trip.

Alone, no one can succeed.

To go from point A to point B, you would normally need just one person to lead you to your destination. However, since the guide needs to return back to point A, then the guide must be accompanied by a third person.

13. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I was waiting until the first challenge was announced in order to sign up. 8-}

I believe the answer is 3 people. Days 1 and 2 all 3 will travel together and at the end of Day 2, Persons 2 and 3 will give a day's supply each to Person 1. This will compensate for the two supplies Person 1 has consumed so he can continue alone for 4 more days, yet it will leave enough supplies for Persons 2 and 3 to travel back to the starting point, since they don't need any supplies once they are back.

14. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    The answer is 3 people

1p * * * * '*' '*'

2p * * (*) [*]

3p * * (*) [*]

key: * = food

'*' = recieved from partner

(*) = to get back

[*] = given to partner

I suggest everybody to do this. That way we don't see each other's response. There's my answer Pete, behind the black curtains, like Sirius. :)

15. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    3 persons.

Ricardo no hay necesidad de tapar las respuestas pq solo el primero que conteste bien coge los puntos, so no ganas nada con ver la de los demas.

16. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Jan, you coward!!!!!!!!

:p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The Brave

Darth_Valle -5
    Jedi_Boricua -5
    Roman -5
    Rao -5
    Carlitos -5
    Lucidus 5
    Skalderan -5
    TUMBARK_WOOKIE -5
    Jan_Solo -5

The Challenge:

A test of luck

Choose a number. I will randomly choose a winning number and a losing number. If the number you chose is the winning number, you will be rewarded. If it is the losing number you wil lose points.

The numbers are from 1-10.

17. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    7, seven

18. Skalderan

Skalderan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    SEVEN... 7.... feel the force mind control and pick 7

19. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

TUMBARK_WOOKIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002

*btw for the first question, one more person. You eat their rations and then eat the person. Thats enough food for at least 3 more days before he starts to rott badly.

20. Darth_Valle

Darth_Valle Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Ok, I was not aware that the first question had been posted already!
    Ok, my choice of number is
    6!

21. Lucidus

Nov 26, 2002
    # one. (btw- Is it possible to post more than one answer with the questions?)

22. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
  23. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
  24. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Hey, can't blame me for being cautious. I wanted to make sure the first challenge wouldn't ask for me to painfully shave some hidden body parts off an old dude on the street or something like that. 8-}

For the next challenge I choose my right-hand man... Number Two.

25. Carlitos

Carlitos Jedi Master star 1

Jun 17, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.