main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards The Golden Yodas – The 2016 Fan Fiction Awards Ceremony | See you in 2017!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Congrats, once again, to some great winners!

2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Oh dear, I'm blushing! [face_blush] Thank you [:D]

Congrats to the other winners!

3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Thank you! And congratulations to the others, too! [face_love]
    It was a good year for fanfic. Something for everyone to read!

4. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Congrats to everyone! These categories included some my favourite fics this year, and fics that have been on my reading list for far too long, something I need to remedy asap *gives self a stern look*

5. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    Congratulations everybody! I am totally psyched to tie with JadeLotus in our ST division. Awesome!

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Congrats to all the winners!

Now, to take some Pyf and Huph’s EXTREME Head-Cold Relief for myself.

leiamoody, Chyntuck, Kahara and 4 others like this.
  7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    congrats to the winners :)

Chyntuck, Kahara, Ewok Poet and 3 others like this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Congratulations to everyone, particularly the two that I carried through nominations and voting stages.

Chyntuck - the pharmaceutical pair who introduced the awards, is their product available for us writers to use as fanon?

leiamoody, Chyntuck, Kahara and 4 others like this.
  9. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Congrats to all winners in so far and the people who worked so hard to make this ceremony possible. @};-

leiamoody, Chyntuck, Kahara and 3 others like this.
  10. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    Congratulation to nominees and winners of course. And what a show! :p

11. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Congratulations to today's winners! =D=

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I love the warnings on the Allergy Relief! Crainial explosions! Dark Side! So true of many medications! :p

Congratulations Findswoman, EwokPoet, JadeLotus, divapilot, and ThreadSketch! =D=@};-

13. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Sith-I-5, as the one who made the commercial that would be fine with me! The awards aren't all considered to be like fanon thread material (as far as I know), but I don't mind Pyf and Huph's remedies being used as such; I think that would be great. :) Would love a note of the source (and to be tagged so that I can read it [face_dancing] ) if it appears.

Okay, now for something more on-topic. Congrats again to the winners and nominees! [face_party]

divapilot, for an expansion of Bree and Blue's story that not only staved off the last page blues (so punny, I slay myself -- mine is an evil laugh :emperor:) of their fans, but continued the growth of their relationship and personal journeys wonderfully. :)

The rest of you, what are you doing back in line again so soon? I already told you you're brilliant, no seconds! :p No really, you are all amazing. [:D] Can't say it enough times.

14. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    So many terrific stories!! Hearty congrats to all the winners!! You guys are awesome!!^:)^

15. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Goodness gracious. Just. Wow. :eek: :)

Part of why I've taken so long to say something in response to this round of awards is simply because I'm just kind of floored. The Book of Gand has been with me in form or another for almost a whole decade now—this forum was the first place I shared it with the public beyond my own head and one friend, and to see it get this kind of appreciation from such a top-notch community of readers and writers just makes my heart bubble over. [face_love]

People are supposed to thank people in awards speeches, right? :p Well, I owe a huge debt of gratitude to the beta readers that this story has had over the years. The first of these, who unfortunately isn't a member of these boards, is one Beedo, who besides being BOG's first reader and all-around swell friend also played an instrumental role in helping me with the worldbuilding—several of my fanon elements about Gand biology and culture are the direct result of discussions with him. In more recent years, Kahara has been a perceptive and enthusiastic beta reader whose input has been essential in shaping the story in its current form; Ewok Poet and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha have also offered invaluable pre-posting feedback and encouragement on individual chapters along the way. It's not exaggeration to say that it couldn't have happened without you! @};-

Once again, a hearty yasher koakh to a wonderful crop of winners—some of my own favorites were on today's list, too, and it really made my day to see them there. And in fact it made not just my day, but also my whole awards process, if that makes sense. A community that appreciates this kind of talent can't be a bad place! :D

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Findswoman - Not read the rest of the Book of Gand, but that thingie with the watchmaker was such a masterpiece, in and off itself, I knew the rest of the "Book" deserved to be here.

Thank you to everyone who helped to shape it.

17. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    THE 2016 FAN FICTION AWARDS CEREMONY IS BROUGHT TO YOU TODAY BY SAFE TRAVELS ASTRONAVIGATION AND STAR CHARTS

ANNOUNCER: And now, a word from our sponsor.

VOICE 1: Is this the right place?

VOICE 2: Oh no! We’re in Klatooine! We wanted to go to DANTOOINE!

ANNOUNCER: Has this ever happened to you? You enter your coordinates into your trusty navcomputer only to find out your Astronavigational software is outdated, or there are errors in your star charts. What a hassle!

VOICE 1: Good thing there’s Safe Travels Astronavigation and Star Charts!

VOICE 2: Whether it’s a business trip to Coruscant or a quick weekend on Zeltros, we’ve got you covered with the latest in navigational positioning software. Find the most direct way along the Perlemian Trade Route or take a leisurely ride along the Hydian Way. Whatever your needs, we have your charts.

VOICE 1: Our star charts are now updated to include Ahch-To!

VOICE 2: Bless you.

VOICE 1 (pauses): Um, okay. So come on down to the guys who know their way around!

VOICE 1 & 2 (in chorus): Safe Travels Astronavigation and Star Charts!

[​IMG]

ANNOUNCER: And now, we proudly present the Characters Awards!

The lights focus on the back of the stage, and a couple enters the room. The man is a Barolian of medium height. He wears a formal black tunic and trousers and his long blue hair is pulled back in a simple band. The petite young human woman beside him is dressed in a sexy but elegant, form-fitting gold gown. She wears a matching gold ornament in her short brown hair.

ANNOUNCER: Presenting the awards are the 2015 winners for Best Original Relationship in Beyond, Blue and Breha Amidala Solo.

They approach the podium. The woman confidently steps up while the man, more reticent, hangs back. She discretely waves him over. “Don’t be shy,” she mouths. He reluctantly moves next to her.

BREE (smiling broadly): Thank you! We’re so honored to be invited to announce this year’s winners. As you know, there are some amazing people in the running. I’m Bree, and this is Blue, and we are your hosts tonight.
    BLUE (a bit awkwardly): Yes, thank you. Tonight we start with the nominees from Before.
    BREE (brightly): I’ve never been to Before! It’s very pretty here. And nominees for Best Character in Before are:

ANNOUNCER:
    Qui-Gon Jinn in Guard Duty by ardavenport​
    Stanislauff Rzewanczkowski in Just Ask Dad; or, Talking Things Through on Taris by Findswoman​
    Tok/Darth Cozus in A Cold Day on the Pike by gaarastar58​
    Zia Amopharis in Epiphany by leiamoody​

BREE (opening the envelope): And the winner is Zia Amopharis in Epiphany by leiamoody! Congratulations!

The crowd bursts into enthusiastic applause and the orchestra plays a rousing victory song as the winner approaches the stage to receive the award.

BREE: Our next set of awards is for Saga. We start with the award for Best Interpretation of a Canon Character in Saga. The nominees are:

ANNOUNCER:
    Obi-Wan Kenobi in Turn Your Face to the Sun by JadeLotus​
    Obi-Wan Kenobi in A Chosen Path by KELIA​
    Sly Moore in An Unexpected Surprise by KELIA​
    Yoda in It's a Drabble! SW Edition by Poe Drabbleron (Admiral Drabblar)​
    Obi-Wan Kenobi in A Different Path by SkalenFehl​

Bree opens the envelope and shows the card to Blue:

BLUE: And the winner is Obi-Wan Kenobi in Turn Your Face to the Sun by JadeLotus!
    BREE: Congratulations!

The winner approaches the stage and receives the award. The orchestra plays while the crowd applauds loudly.

BREE (to Blue, quietly) Good job, sweetheart! I told you that you could do this.

Blue begins to relax; he flashes her a shy smile. Bree smiles back at him. Blue tilts his head toward Bree.

BLUE: This is kind of fun.
    BREE: Told you. Now you introduce the next category.
    BLUE: I got this.

Blue turns to the camera and smiles.

BLUE: The nominees for Best Original Character in Saga are:

ANNOUNCER:
    Zizi Pao in The Song Hour by leiamoody​
    Aala Naberrie in Fallen by serendipityaey​
    Raede Kolinkar in Half the Battle by Thumper09​
    Galen Wentlas in Empire Day by whiskers​

BLUE: And the winner is Zizi Pao in The Song Hour by leiamoody! Congratulations!

As the winner comes up the stairs to receive the award, the audience applauds and whistles their approval. The orchestra accompanies the winner with an upbeat musical number.

Bree and Blue speak quietly to each other.

BREE: Do you want to announce it or do you want me to do it?
    BLUE: I’ll do it.
    BREE: Good for you, love. I told you there was nothing to be nervous about.
    BLUE: You were right, Bree.
    BREE: I’m your girlfriend. I’m always right.
    BLUE (laughing): That’s true.

BLUE (to the camera): We’re about halfway through our awards. Our next awards are for Best Villain in Saga, and the nominees are:

ANNOUNCER:
    Padmé Amidala in What History Will Say of Us by AngelQueen​
    The Wanderer in Snowed In by Ewok Poet​
    The unnamed telepath in Need to Know by Lazy K​

Blue starts to open the envelope, but Bree gently takes the envelope out of Blue’s hand.

BREE: I’ll take that. It’s my turn. Can’t let this go to your head, now.

He laughs. She smiles brightly at the camera as she opens the envelope and reads the card.

BREE: And the winner of Best Villain is Padmé Amidala in What History Will Say of Us by AngelQueen! Congratulations!

Amid the thunderous applause from the audience, the winner approaches the stage. The orchestra plays an appropriately eerie theme.

BREE: The next awards are in Beyond. That’s more familiar, huh, Blue?
    BLUE: Yes, it is, my Bree. That’s where we got our start last year.

Smiling, she leans into him and puts her hand on his arm. He looks down at her hand on his arm and smiles back at her.

BREE: The nominees for Best Interpretation of a Canon Character in Beyond are:

ANNOUNCER:
    Firmus Piett in Last of the Empire by Admiral Volshe​
    Mara Jade in Beauty Enough by aleja2​

BLUE (opening the envelope): And the winner is Firmus Piett in Last of the Empire by Admiral Volshe!

The crowd bursts into applause again, and the award winners accept their prizes. Blue and Bree step back to the podium as the music from the orchestra fades away.

BLUE: The next category is Best Original Character in Beyond.
    BREE: Talk about familiar territory! We know all about being original characters in Beyond. That’s how we met.
    BLUE (smiles warmly at her): The nominees for Best Original Character in Beyond are:

ANNOUNCER:
    Melinda Rotham in After Her by EmeraldJediFire​
    Zebula Pavish in Strength of Will by JadeLotus​

BREE (opening the envelope): And the winner is Talon Tantiss in The Journal of Talon Tantiss: Jedi Knight and Reluctant Vornskr Owner by Jedi_Lover! Congratulations!

Another rousing round of applause as the winners approach to accept their awards.

BLUE: The next category is Best Villain in Beyond:
    BREE: Do we know any villains?
    BLUE (scoffs): I know a few.
    BREE: I can think of a couple.

They share a laugh. Blue looks at her affectionately and she smiles back at him warmly.

BREE: Okay, then. Let’s see who the bad guys are. The nominees for Best Villain in Beyond are:

ANNOUNCER:
    Mishy Lakaylor in Undeniably Evil by aalagartassle​
    Cyrax in Dark Currents by Darth_Furio​
    Darth Nephros in Dark Currents by Darth_Furio​
    Ren'Vhan in Invidious Intent by Sokolniki​
    Eulian Tratzel/Darth Sceptaurus in Tainted Ties by Tony Mancosu​
    Lumiya in The Rising Threat by whiskers​
    Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus in The Truth behind the Lies by x_SwordoftheJedi_x​

BREE (opens the envelope): And the winner is Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus in The Truth behind the Lies by x_SwordoftheJedi_x!

The crowd applauds again as the villain and his entourage approach the podium to accept the award. The orchestra plays the Imperial March.

Bree turns to Blue.

BREE: We have one category left, baby. How are you doing?
    BLUE (smiling): I think I’ve got the hang of this.
    BREE: You’re doing great! Maybe I should go into medicine and you can work with the public.
    BLUE (laughing): No, Bree, I think we should stay where we are.

He turns back to the audience.

BLUE: Our final category tonight is Best Character in Sequel Trilogy.
    BREE: Sequel trilogy! I don’t think we will ever get to see that.
    BREE: That’s okay, Bree. We belong in Beyond, and that’s fine. Wherever you are, that’s where I go.

The crowd smiles and ahhs. Bree looks at Blue lovingly. She puts her arm around his waist and gives him a hug.

BREE: So for our last award tonight, the nominees for Best Character in Sequel Trilogy are:

ANNOUNCER:
    Lor San Tekka in Royalty by divapilot​
    Luke Skywalker in A Rough Trade by Ewok Poet​
    Valara in Red Five by JadeLotus​
    Leia Organa in Old Soldier by LadyPadme​
    Rey in My Father Has It by taramidala​

Bree looks over Blue’s shoulder as he takes out the envelope.

BREE: I’m so excited! Our last award to present!
    BLUE (smiles broadly at her): I’m thinking we should go to the after-party instead of going home right away. I mean, we got all dressed up and everything.
    BREE: We can do whatever makes you happy, love. Now, open that envelope!
    BLUE (laughing): The winner of Best Character in Sequel Trilogy is – wait a minute – (he looks at Bree in surprise) It’s a tie! The winners are Luke Skywalker in A Rough Trade by Ewok Poet and Rey in My Father Has It by taramidala!

The crowd shouts their approval and applauds wildly as the winners come up to accept their awards. Blue and Bree back up and allow the winners to bask in their moment of victory.

BREE: Thank you, everyone, and congratulations again to all the winners. Goodnight!

The crowd bursts into applause again, and the music fills the theater. They stand together quietly for a few moments, awaiting their cue to leave the stage. Blue steals a glance at Bree’s low-cut gown and smiles.

BLUE (almost imperceptibly): I like that dress you’re wearing, Bree. Makes you look, you know, really good.
    BREE (whispers): Your microphone is still on.
    BLUE (whispers): Sorry.

ANNOUNCER: Thank you, ladies and gentlemen! Congratulations to all the winners! Please join us tomorrow when Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade Skywalker will present the awards for Relationships.

The crowd continues its applause as the curtain comes down.

Written by divapilot
    Safe Travels gif courtesy of Mr Chyntuckopoulos

18. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Wow...I'd like to thank everyone...

*Orchestra starts playing*

Would you guys give me a minute?

*Orchestra plays louder...the kloo horn in particular is played obnoxiously*

Okay, okay...thankstoeveryonewhonominatedmycharactersandcongratualtionstoallthewinnersandnominees. :D

*Leaves the stage while the orchestra breaks out into a dubstep version of the "Imperial March"*

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelous presentation and happy [face_dancing] & warm =D= to those nominated and who won in all eras. Bree and Blue are delightful presenters [face_love] Did enjoy meeting the OCs in their respective stories and finding new depths to familiar canon characters. :cool:

20. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Congratulations to all the winners! Great job by everyone, excellent writing by all.

Ewok Poet, Kahara, Chyntuck and 4 others like this.
  21. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Congratulations to the winners and everybody nominated! What a great surprise to find out Talon Tantiss got best OC. This is going to go to his head. He's probably now doing the 'I won' dance and taunting Ben Skywalker over it. :p

Thanks everybody! [:D]

Ewok Poet, Kahara, Chyntuck and 4 others like this.
  22. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Congratulations to today's winners! =D=

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm not one to abuse my influence and many powerful friends...not much...but at my instigation, my buddies at Logic and Reason: Special Victims Unit, are opening a case against Safe Travels for public endangerment, as there are black holes on the Kessel route.

Congrats to winners and nominees.

Great job by Bree and Blue.

Kudos to whomever created the starmap image.

Kahara, Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and 4 others like this.
  24. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Congrats to all the winners :)

25. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Congratulations to all winners and nominees for a fantastic range of fascinating characters! :)

Ewok Poet, Kahara, Chyntuck and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.