main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Greatest Episode of The Clone Wars (Ambush Through Mortis)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Tarkus, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Well, oookay. Since I'm totally not able to pick three faves (I like far too many episodes for that) I choose 'Brain Invaders'.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    one vote for all those three then Rookies, Enemy and Landing....

3. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Looks like this thread is preparing for final death, so here is the current/final tally:

Here are the votes as they currently stand:

Rookies 12
    Innocents of Ryloth 10
    Cloak of Darkness 7
    Landing at Point Rain 6
    Jedi Crash 6
    Brain Invaders 6
    Grievous Intrigue 3
    Rising Malevolence 3
    Trespass 3
    Monster 3
    Witches of the Mist 2
    The Deserter
    Duchess of Mandalore
    The Hidden Enemy
    Liberty on Ryloth
    Sphere of Influence
    Bombad Jedi
    Cat and Mouse
    Altar of Mortis
    Ghosts of Mortis
    Holocron Heist
    Hunt for Ziro

And if anyone is confused as to how the votes are being tallied or how their specific vote(s) got tallied, here's the key I used, feel free to let me know if you want to change your vote (those who could keep it to one made a huge difference for their episode!):

KelDorMaster The Deserter-, Trespass-, Grievous Intrigue-
    H_J Rising Malevolence x3---
    Darth_Zandalor Duchess of Mandalore-, Rookies-, Trespass-
    Swash Rookies-, Landing at Point Rain-, Hidden Enemy-
    Darth_Gamek Liberty on Ryloth-, Grievous Intrigue-, Witches of the Mist-
    AhsokaMiro Innocents of Ryloth x3---
    Alexrd Innocents of Ryloth x3---
    ILuvJarJar Sphere of Influence-, Rookies-, Bombad Jedi-
    darth-amedda Cloak of Darkness- (because The Citadel is not an option, sorry), Landing at Point Rain-, Cat and Mouse-
    Robimus Jedi Crash x3---
    Ashark Altar of Mortis-, Witches of the Mist-, Ghosts of Mortis-
    Barriss_Coffee Cloak of Darkness x3---
    GGrievous Rookies x3---
    FalorWindrider Rookies x3---
    FistoFan93 Grievous Intrigue-, Innocents of Ryloth-, Landing at Point Rain-
    GARTH_MAUL Innocents of Ryloth x3---
    SpecialOpsUnit Rookies x3---
    ImNotAStarWarsFanBoy Trespass-, Holocron Heist-, Hunt for Ziro-
    Mond Cloak of Darkness x3---
    pablohero Landing at Point Rain x3---
    07jonesj Monster x3---
    Gry Jedi Crash x3---
    Sgt Crowfield Brain Invaders x3---
    Darth Tarkas (that was the spelling I wanted :() Brain Invaders x3---

(Sorry if I misspelled anyone's screen-name.)

4. Sylverlin

Sylverlin Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2011
    Tum da dum. Man, these choices aren't easy. But, if I had to pick one...

The Deserter.

On top of Cut Lawquane and family (which by itself is pretty damn high up), it has some of the best military moments in the whole series (The droid sniper/spotter team, the AT-TE missile countermeasures - stuff that actually passes for tactics. No ghillie suits, though. Man, wouldn't that be a weird kind of awesome, on the droids?). Or other details that make it tick. Droids run out of power. Saleucemi has different climate zones (although they do tend to change rather quickly) and all in all, it's a nicely... normal planet.

Also, have you noticed that the CIS ships above it were not positioned in the oh-so-familiar equatorial position and parallel with the planetary orbital plane, but were perpendicular to planetary rotation? Is that a tactical innovation of Grievous's, or is Saleucemi's axis like Uranus's and runs parallel with the orbital plane? (Okay. This is probably already too off-topic.)

5. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    I love episodes that show Anakin and his relationships with those around him. With that in mind, my favourites are
    Dooku Captured
    Hostage Crisis
    Senate Spy
    Voyage of Temptation
    Cat and Mouse

But you want an absolute favourite. I have to choose Dooku Captured. Its hilarious.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    It's underrated really... "Gungan General" would've been better without Jar Jar especially when he was not the real one but that fake Jar Jar with horrifying voice..... but Ani/Obi/Dooku team was quite hilarious as well as Hondo and his pirates.....

7. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    Lots of great dialogue moments in that episode. 'Not too strong he's flying' is a favourite as well as 'Did it get hit by a rock?'. The allusion to Leia's capture in the Death Star is cute. The little character quirks too, Anakin looking at the dancers with a blank smile while Obi Wan facepalms. Its things like that which set episodes apart and keep them from being boring. Action scenes and Jedi philosophy only goes so far. The Citadel trilogy could have done with that dynamic interaction because the story was so confined.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    And Obi-Wan reminded Anakin is not yet jedi master- thing obviously forgotten by many writers since he is referred "Master Skywalker" so many times.... of course he is master to Ahsoka and for non-jedi but still it always irritates me when they call him "master" he is Jedi Knight but not Jedi Master .... still Obi-Wan is also called master in AOTC while he is only knight so it's messed up well enough in movies already.....

9. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Not this again... *groan* :oops:

'Master Jedi' is only a polite term used to address a Jedi with. It does not refer to the actual rank of a jedi master. ;)

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    OMG inorite? Heck, even Ahsoka has been called Master Jedi a couple of times.

Well, it's either a polite term or people are just ignorant.

11. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    Season One:
    Tresspass
    Cloak of Darkness
    Rookies
    Liberty on Ryloth
    Hostage Crisis

Season Two:
    Voyage of Temptation
    Cargo of Doom
    Lethal Trackdown
    Grievous Intrigue
    Zillo Beast Strikes Back

Season Three:
    Citadel Rescue
    Hunt For Ziro
    Clone Cadets
    Witches of the Mist
    Heroes on Both Sides

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    yes i know i didn't say it's con or anything but it was pro in that ep to have a line explaining this confusing thing bit further- i'm aware of this policy 'master jedi' is polite term as i said he is master to non-jedi but viewers probably get confused with ROTS without TCW sometimes mentioning the fact Anakin is knight but has not earned rank of master- i just said it's good... geez i'm sure this have been matter of many debates earlier... same with younglings and padawans- younglings are also called 'padawans' -as we see in AOTC- before they become actual padawan learners- that's even more confusing really but youngling < padawan learner < knight < master - Anakin is knighted and he has a padawan of his own but i said it was good that they mentioned he has not yet earned the rank of master- Obi-Wan earned it some time prior or after Anakin's knighting but after AOTC..... Ani never earned that rank and was not too happy about it... "Now I am the master";) yet he was still technically apprentice:p

Almec called her master (and also less respectfully "little fool"[face_laugh] ) and Korkie addressed her as "jedi knight" and she just enjoyed about that why to correct ignorant people "Master Tano" or "Jedi Knight Tano" suits just fine to her - but in AOTC Padmé corrects "Anakin is just a padawan" when Sio Bibble addresses him as 'master jedi'...... and in TCW-movie Ahsoka says she is jedi knight... or soon will be....:p
    meaning that padawans shouldn't be addressed as 'masters' like knights.....

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Whats Padme know about Jedi political correctness?

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    apparently more than she does know about realistic politics, working war tactics or life of her handmaidens- she apparently never pays any fee for them.....

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    She also has no problems with letting her handmaidens posing as her so they get blown up instead...

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    It seems she fired all handmaidens for some reason though and made her waitress to be her handmaiden instead...... odd:p ..... and where does Teckla live if she has no water to wash her kids very often?[face_thinking] - on the most dry area of Naboo.... slums of Coruscant or on Tatooine or what? Ok getting off-topic once again (How i manage to do this?)

At least Pursuit of Peace is not the best episode because of Teckla's unbelievable problems:p
    But Onaconda's sense of humour is priceless[face_laugh] - too bad they killed that guy....

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    But... Onaconda's sense of humor didn't even make any sense...

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Do you mean it didn't make any sense in the plot of Pursuit of Peace, or that you didn't get his joke?:p

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Did Padmé's speech then? I loved the 'bing' sound effect when no one laughed to Ono's poor attempt to be funny[face_laugh]

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The former. :p

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    It's kinda ironic isn't it that in the Greatest Episode thread we're talking about one of, in my opinion at least, the worst episodes thus far. This, Senate Murders and the Mandalorian Corruption duology should be buried with George Lucas when he finally decides to leave us.
    I imagine Dave Filoni, seething at how his opinions and the EU are being disregarded, as the Son. "You are just, so selfish...and are taking too long to die, so I have decided to move things along."*stabs Lucas with only working lightsaber from the top secret Skywalker Ranch vault*:p[face_skull]

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Senate Murders is not even so bad IMO- Mystery of Thousand Moons is also nearly equal to Corruption-Duology.... and Evil Plans... well it's not that bad as Satine burning down the warehouse but definitely close to previously mentioned episodes at least with Anakin just being at Padmé's and entire Joogan Fruit mission was like a bad joke...... The worst thing in POP was Padmé's handmaiden's undexplained poverty- instead of making war to look evil it makes Padmé to look evil and stupid at the same time- it's also funny how in POP after the speederchase Padmé has big scratch on her cheek but she didn't receive it in chase.... but it's visible even when she goes to senate- where did it come from? Were Police Droids violent to her or did Teckla scratch her when doing her makeup? [face_laugh] they wasted time by animating that injury.... instead they should write the episode to make sense.....

23. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    Landing at Point Rain and Brain Invaders were high points of the series for me. And since Citadel Rescue isn't available as a choice, I'll have to go with Rookies as my third vote.

24. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    Lolz am I the only one on this board who actually liked Mystery of Thousand Moons. Sure it moved pretty fast but I thought it was fun. I also didn't think the academy was bad but Corruption was terrible, POP made no logical sense, and Evil Plans was just a joke, mixing torture with comedy? really.

My favorite episode and I remember dave saying it at the time was his favorite too because it showed the effects of the clone wars was Innocents of Ryloth. I'm glad to see that many other people liked that episode too. The clone wars series could use more stories like that. Although if they hadn't killed Piell the last episode would be my overall favorite (yes i know this topic goes only to mortis)

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh crap in my rage at PoP I completely forgot about Evil Plans. If Cad Bane wasn't in it and I wasn't so particular about having every episode on my computer, this one would not have survived the "You must free up 8Gigs of space" test. I literally just skip to the Bane scene at the end with the Hutt Council every time I try and cut it some slack. But anyways, that's enough negativity for today...

Mystery of a Thousand Moons in my opinion isn't awful. There's just something about it that I really can't describe that puts me off it. Maybe it's because I cannot believe the 'ring of lasers' could stop any half-decent pilot from navigating it, it's just not dense enough to justify everyone hitting a beam on their way out of Iego.

Now in terms of good episodes, I believe I can list all the episodes I am happy to watch over and over in a fairly concise list;):
    -Ambush
    -Rookies
    -Cloak of Darkness
    -Lair of Grievous
    -Trespass
    -Ryloth trilogy
    -Hostage Crisis
    -Holocron trilogy
    -LAPR, Brain Invaders
    -Grievous Intrigue
    -Deserter
    -Mandalorian Plot and Voyage of Temptation
    -Bounty Hunters
    -Clone Cadets and ARC Troopers
    -Sphere of Influence (purely because of the quirkiness and Ahsoka-Chuchi antics)
    -Hunt For Ziro
    -HOBS
    -Monster
    -Mortis trilogy (though if it weren't for Sam Witwer and each episode having a cool Ahsoka variant it probs wouldn't make the list)
    And if I may go beyond Mortis...
    -Padawan Lost.
    The rest range from decent-but-just-not-enough-to-keep-my-interest to just bloody awful.