main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The hardest boss battle ever?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Chance the Jedi, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    If God would ever create a Final Boss Battle for a video game, I think it would be something like this.

2. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    God? I think you mean Satan :p

3. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

That boss is basically designed to keep eating money.

I'm going to go with this as the toughest fairly designed fight.

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I make it a point to avoid games that are notorious for their high levels of difficulty, so I doubt my hardest boss is a legitimate pick. :p But off the top of my head, from the games I've played this is probably the toughest boss.

5. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Guitar Hero doesn't count!!! [face_not_talking]

No, but seriously I remember beating Lou on my first try. Not on "Finger-Bleeding-Hard" or anything, like you, but I just found he was underwhelming. :p

6. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Shao Kahn in the arcade port of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

It took me months to finally beat him on the Xbox arcade version. [face_plain]

7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've never gotten past the end of FFVIII disc 3, I thought she was impossible. :(

8. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Easy mode tends to be that way, n00b. :-B

9. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Glass Joe on Mike Tyson's Punch Out

10. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    The one that quickly comes to mind is General RAAM on insane.[face_worried] Me and my brother nearly snapped our controllers in half out of frustration trying to get the achievement.

11. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Ah yes. He's right up there for me.

My sister and I played through on Insane but then she bailed on me right before Raam, and I had to face him on my own. [face_beatup]

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hulk Davidson in Viewtiful Joe, on Adult difficulty. He has such a simple pattern but I've never been able to beat that guy. And his lines annoy the hell outta me, which makes it worse ;).

13. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Shao Kahn in MK2 (SNES) was a real pain. Could only beat him with Scorpion easily.

Eyedol from Killer Instinct was no walk in the park either.

That monster in MK5 (or was it MK6?) was a huge pain too. That big oni who kind of looked like Eyedol from Killer Instinct (except with one head).

IIRC, the dragon from Zelda: Wind Waker gave me more trouble than it seemed to give everyone else. :(

Oh, and I'm playing Bioshock and am still trying to kill a Big Daddy for the first time. HUGE INCREDIBLE PAIN. So far I have him running around in circles and I'm unloading on him with everything I've got...but eventually he catches up to me and pummels me with a meager few blows.

EDIT:

I've searched walkthroughs for advice and they all recommend hacking turrets to use against him, but I don't have the Electro Shock plasmid anymore (not since I acquired Incinerate and Telekinesis), and all the Gathering Gardens I find are either broken or don't have an Electroshock available. :(

14. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Ultimecia's difficult because she has so many different forms. One Winged Angel on steroids. Oh, and simply summoning Eden every time is a good way to die.

15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Believe it or not, Starkiller in Soul Calibur IV.
    Dude owned Vader on my 360.

16. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Gods yes, that boss fight IS painful on coop, and absolute insanity playing it solo on, well, Insanity.

Speaking of insane things to do, I recently decided to tackle Halo 2 on Legendary difficulty. I was doing rather well until a certain point. Now I'm stuck at this checkpoint where I die EVERY, SINGLE, TIME. And I haven't even gotten to the prophet of Regret yet! THAT is usually a difficult fight on a easier difficulty, so I figure on Legendary it will be impossible. And I don't even wanna know how the Tartarus fight will be. :(

17. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Wasn't it was weird going up against a character how hasn't made their debut in their own game that the character was made for?

18. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I absolutely loathe fighting Starkiller. I can't believe how difficult he is.

Fighting against Yoda can also be quite annoying. He's so short that several attacks go right over him.

19. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, that was definitely a little strange, but I was soo stoked to see SW characters in SC that I had to buy it. Hadn't played it since the arcade days at the local bowling alley.

Yoda was almost unbeatable, so I never really used him after the first few playthroughs... it was too easy to spam the controls and waste whoever was in front of me. Starkiller was so-so to play through with, but was an absolute BEAST when it came to dueling against all the characters in Vader's fight-tree. Its the one and only fight that I ever gave-up on.

20. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    Two words: Darth Malak.

21. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    A lot of my tough boss battles were in old school SNES/Genesis/NES games where twitch reflexes and patterns on top of old school "hit detection" made them BS.

However, my nod goes to a very recent game. Demons Souls.

Three of the hardest bosses ever... Flame Lurker, False King, and the Twin Gargoyles.

22. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    This, until I learned that you could **** up the stasis pods he was using to regen his health.

23. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    That whole game felt like a giant boss battle. :p

24. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    The step up to Hard and Expert on GH3 is insane. I 5 star sightread everything on Medium including trashing Lou, but I never beat him on Hard (can't even get to him on Expert....RAINING BLOOD ARGH.)

25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Grumple Gromit (Super Drunk) from Bubble Bobble.

Remember, if you were doing it solo, right before he blew up, you had to hit pause and 'select?' on the other controller for them to steal one of your lives so both of you were on the screen to get the best ending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.