main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The HoloNet is back!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by ArmageBedar, Jul 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmageBedar

ArmageBedar Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2000
    Well, after a lengthy delay and no end of technical problems, the HoloNet is back in action. I'm glad to see everything up and running, and I hope to see everyone's smiling face back again.

There's not much to the problems we were having; a variable had been changed that caused all of the timeout errors with the database. That has been fixed, so I'm told, so things should be back to normal.

As a meager consolation for the downtime, I've added the ability for all registered users to select what allegiance they're with, either Rebel or Imperial. This is for the purposes of rank display - yes, the HoloNet now has Rebel ranks as well as Imperial ones. The system has full equivalency, so there are no gaps. (Yes, I had to fudge a little bit.) To activate the ranks for your membership, please go to your profile and select either "Rebel" or "Imperial". They will not display until you activate them.

I hope we can get back into the thick of things here on the HoloNet. As per member request, I *will* be tightening things up a bit, but not too much. Have fun!

2. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.